MPNs: 35904826 and WA1068G1
See the Best Top Loading Washing Machines in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Fisher & Paykel

When it works and holds the water it is great

I have had no end of trouble with this model, I have had other washing machines of the same brand which have been perfect but this one is one I can't recommend. Constantly giving the code full regardless of the water setting. It will then empty and you need to refill again.

Purchased in January 2019.

Mark
MarkIllawarra, NSW

Don’t make them like they use to….

Purchased in 2017 after my second smart drive went after ten years… loved the smart drive product. Now after only 4 years suspension has failed and not worth fixing. Very disappointed have gone off fisher and paykel will try a Bosch front loader instead.

Purchased in April 2017.

maxwell99
maxwell99AU

So disappointed F&P

stan
stanPerth, WA

never again

Purchased in May 2012 at The Good Guys.

Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg) compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

Monica6753
Monica6753Pilbara, WA

Very good machine

It's very big great for families, very easy to use, I just use fast cycle, or long cycle with hot or cold, wash time isn't to long about a hour or half a hour for quick wash I'm glad I bought it great value for money

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,099.00.

ṣ̄ụk
ṣ̄ụkSydney, NSW

F & P Quality gone downhill in a big way

Purchased in January 2015 at The Good Guys for $1,050.00.

Bezza
BezzaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Agitator falling to bits

Purchased in August 2016 at The Good Guys for $1,000.00.

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Allayne
AllayneWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Big Loads and Very Reliable

I have been using this machine now for about 12 months. And time and time again to is very reliable. The only issues I have had with machine was it didn't turn on one time but all I had to do was switch off for 10 min and let it reset itself.
I do everything from small loads of wet baby pants right through to king size blankets and every time come out clean and fresh.
The bigger loads do take a bit longer but worth the wait.

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman for $850.00.

Cart09
Cart09NUMERALLA

Ok machine when it works, but so many problems with it!

Bought this machine a couple of months ago and have had issues ever since.

It gets about 10 minutes into the wash cycle, and will then continually beep until you press pause, and start again.

It seems as though the "lid lock" mechanism is faulty. However, sometimes it will do the complete wash cycle and other times it won't.

We have contacted Fisher & Paykel, and they have said we will need to organise to fix this ourselves.

Another downside is that there is no lint filter.

When it actually works the wash isn't too bad. It's a shame it's been so faulty.

Date PurchasedSept 2018

Louise
LouiseTownsville

Four Star? What for?

Purchased as it was a 4 star machine. What a joke. Does not wash well and regardless of how it is programmed it changes the program to barely any water. There is really no point in washing clothes to clean them in this machine. Washing becomes ridiculously tangled and misshaped in machine and it is easily off balanced. Worst machine I have used in 40 years of using washing machines!

Date PurchasedJune 2018
melzma
melzmaPenrith

Great size

Cleans really well never find any lint or colour fade on my clothes.
10kg is perfect for a family.
If you’re on the shorter side it can be a reach to get all the smaller items from the drum.
I rate 4 stars purely because I find the machine to be a little loud.
Overall really happy with the purchase and the brand.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Johnwilsom
JohnwilsomSydney

Quality product would recommend

Bought this to replace a Fisher & Paykel 18 year old washer that just died. I'm Very Pleased with the brand, their service and the performance of the washer. Saved a few hundred bucks buying from here. The unit showed up in perfect condition and the customer service was excellent, I would recommend this product to anyone who is in need of a affordable washing machine that just works.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Daniel
Daniel

Reliable

I purchased this product mid last year and can say without a doubt that it has been on me if the best washing machine purchases I have ever made.

The cosmetics of the product are great, it fits well with the interior of my laundry and the way unthreatening machine washes my clothing is unprecedented

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
pebble
pebbleWA, 6530

Pretty Good So Far

Date PurchasedSept 2017
junej
junejAU

Terrible

does not do a great job on cleaning clothes, it is quiet but takes longer to fill with the water than the actual wash time and I have great water pressure and have never had a problem with any other washing machine. I can honestly say it is the worst and most expensive machine I have ever owned. I dislike when you want to add something either to wash or rinse because you don't require the full cycle after pausing it just goes back to beginning, very frustrating, I contacted Fisher & Paykel and was told that's what it meant to do Fortunately only my husband & I at home now so not heaps of washing, it takes forever.

Date PurchasedJune 2013
See all Fisher & Paykel Series 5 Top Loader Washing Machines reviews

Elaine S.
Elaine S.asked

Product 93207-aaa

Ana B.
Ana B.asked
WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

Error message is " out of balance" every cycle but clothes are distributed evenly

Ian D
Ian Dasked
WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

I have this machine. It continually goes out of balance. I have tried everything I can find on the net. The first thing I did was buy new suspension rods and fit them. Seemed to work ok for a few days, then out of balance again every second or third load. I've made sure the machine is completely level using a level. I've run the initial installation procedure / program on the machine. Nothing works. Is there anything else I can try??

The funny thing is it can say out of balance, I can then remove everything from the machine so it's completely empty, then hit go again, and it still says out of balance. Often I have to unplug it from the wall, leave it 30 mins then plug it back in and sometimes it will suddenly work and spin the clothes perfectly. That happens without touching anything inside the machine. So the load was obviously never really "out of balance". Is there anything else I can try. I like the machine otherwise, but this "out of balance" issues is slowly making it unusable.

Edit - I've just check my email and it turns out I bought the new suspension rods at the end of July. The machine worked well for a month, before now going out of balance again all the time. This out of balance started again in early September. Surely it can't be that the new suspension rods only lasted a month?

'Jackie
'Jackie

Sorry I cannot help with this problem, I have been lucky enough not to experience this.
I suggest you contact Fisher & Paykel and have their technician help you.
Good luck.

Monica jones
Monica jones

Hi Don, we can move the load in ours three or four times and still it beeps. We have set the level a number of times. Monica I will do what Jackie suggests and contact Fisher Paykel

See all Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg) questions

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives

Compare all 5 Fisher & Paykel Series 5 Top Loader Washing Machines
CategoryTop Loading Washing Machines
Price (RRP) $1,399.00
Capacity10 kg
Household Size 5+ people
FeaturesAuto Balancing, Auto Dispense and Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)
Energy Rating4 star(s)