MPNs: 35904826 and WA1068G1
See the Best Top Loading Washing Machines in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Fisher & Paykel

When it works and holds the water it is great

I have had no end of trouble with this model, I have had other washing machines of the same brand which have been perfect but this one is one I can't recommend. Constantly giving the code full regardless of the water setting. It will then empty and you need to refill again.

Purchased in January 2019.

Mark
MarkIllawarra, NSW

Don’t make them like they use to….

Purchased in 2017 after my second smart drive went after ten years… loved the smart drive product. Now after only 4 years suspension has failed and not worth fixing. Very disappointed have gone off fisher and paykel will try a Bosch front loader instead.

Purchased in April 2017.

Diane
Diane

hot wash??? Use the Allergy setting

maxwell99
maxwell99AU

So disappointed F&P

Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg) compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

Bird of paradiseSydney, NSW

Disappointed with this product

Not buying another one of these “new” model Fisher and Paykel Washers, It locks during the rinse cycle, the hot water hose busted, the lid and inside seal has rusted, Why Fisher and Paykel? Why?

5 years with this machine and it does that...

You will be very disappointed with it

Purchased in May 2016 at The Good Guys for $965.00.

Bird of paradise

I posted inaccurate and out of date material my bad don’t worry I have edited it

suhu6
suhu6

5 years old and wings on agitator are breaking. Often doesn`t pump hot water in. Sometimes gets stuck in the cycle.

Machine does wash clean. Load size is good. On the Quick Wash I would prefer the wash time to be longer. I only use Regular and Quick Cycles. Hot water only sometimes comes out, when on warm wash. Agitator wings are breaking off, and it is only 5 1/2years old. Sometimes not often, it gets stuck on wash and I have to come along and move it to the next part of the cycle by pressing.

Purchased in January 2015 at The Good Guys for $910.00.

stan
stanPerth, WA

never again

Purchased in May 2012 at The Good Guys.

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
ṣ̄ụk
ṣ̄ụkSydney, NSW

F & P Quality gone downhill in a big way

Purchased in January 2015 at The Good Guys for $1,050.00.

Tash
TashMid North Coast, NSW

Disappointed

Had this machine for about 6 yrs replaced balance rods recently which fixed the balance issue but am on my 3rd agitator due to fin broken again obviously a fault and these are not cheap, seems to happen every 2 yrs or so, does wash clean and big bowl but agitator should stand up to the fact that it is a large 10kg machine would stay clear of Fisher & paykel I wont buy another 1

Aksav
AksavGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Balancing issues & loud banging (drum)

Purchased in January 2014 at Harvey Norman for $1,100.00.

Bezza
BezzaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Agitator falling to bits

Purchased in August 2016 at The Good Guys for $1,000.00.

Brad S
Brad S

I liked it. I’m sure all you other folks will too!

I liked this, it was better than what I had before. Cleans well plus being a tradie it helps when something does it’s job so I would recommend it to anyone

Purchased in August 2018 for $600.00.

Cart09
Cart09NUMERALLA

Ok machine when it works, but so many problems with it!

Bought this machine a couple of months ago and have had issues ever since.

It gets about 10 minutes into the wash cycle, and will then continually beep until you press pause, and start again.

It seems as though the "lid lock" mechanism is faulty. However, sometimes it will do the complete wash cycle and other times it won't.

We have contacted Fisher & Paykel, and they have said we will need to organise to fix this ourselves.

Another downside is that there is no lint filter.

When it actually works the wash isn't too bad. It's a shame it's been so faulty.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Louise
LouiseTownsville

Four Star? What for?

Purchased as it was a 4 star machine. What a joke. Does not wash well and regardless of how it is programmed it changes the program to barely any water. There is really no point in washing clothes to clean them in this machine. Washing becomes ridiculously tangled and misshaped in machine and it is easily off balanced. Worst machine I have used in 40 years of using washing machines!

Date PurchasedJune 2018
britches
britchesLakes Entrance

No fluff filter!

i love that it has a big choice of cycles to choose from but it has no filter to catch the fluff so it ends up stuck to your clothes! I followed the instructions as to turning garments inside out if they are lint collectors but to no avail, still gets fluff on them!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
See all Fisher & Paykel Series 5 Top Loader Washing Machines reviews

Elaine S.
Elaine S.asked

Product 93207-aaa

Ana B.
Ana B.asked
WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

Error message is " out of balance" every cycle but clothes are distributed evenly

Ian D
Ian Dasked
WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

I have this machine. It continually goes out of balance. I have tried everything I can find on the net. The first thing I did was buy new suspension rods and fit them. Seemed to work ok for a few days, then out of balance again every second or third load. I've made sure the machine is completely level using a level. I've run the initial installation procedure / program on the machine. Nothing works. Is there anything else I can try??

The funny thing is it can say out of balance, I can then remove everything from the machine so it's completely empty, then hit go again, and it still says out of balance. Often I have to unplug it from the wall, leave it 30 mins then plug it back in and sometimes it will suddenly work and spin the clothes perfectly. That happens without touching anything inside the machine. So the load was obviously never really "out of balance". Is there anything else I can try. I like the machine otherwise, but this "out of balance" issues is slowly making it unusable.

Edit - I've just check my email and it turns out I bought the new suspension rods at the end of July. The machine worked well for a month, before now going out of balance again all the time. This out of balance started again in early September. Surely it can't be that the new suspension rods only lasted a month?

'Jackie
'Jackie

Sorry I cannot help with this problem, I have been lucky enough not to experience this.
I suggest you contact Fisher & Paykel and have their technician help you.
Good luck.

Monica jones
Monica jones

Hi Don, we can move the load in ours three or four times and still it beeps. We have set the level a number of times. Monica I will do what Jackie suggests and contact Fisher Paykel

See all Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg) questions

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives

Compare all 5 Fisher & Paykel Series 5 Top Loader Washing Machines
CategoryTop Loading Washing Machines
Price (RRP) $1,399.00
Capacity10 kg
Household Size 5+ people
FeaturesAuto Balancing, Auto Dispense and Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)
Energy Rating4 star(s)