Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA7060G2 (7kg)

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA7060G2 (7kg) Questions & Answers

MPN: 36502456
Listing monitored by Fisher & Paykel

26 questions from our users

Jill P.
Jill P.asked
WashSmart WA7060G2 (7kg)

My washsmart will not spin what can I do. Load was unbalanced but I righted it then removed load wet. Machine refuses to spin. Help

Ken
Kenasked

What does washer advance do

Online shopper

Now that's a technical question, Ken. Haven't tried that function as I basically wanted a machine that was going to wash, rinse & spin off the clothes without too many hassles (ie not getting out of balance, etc) without me having to check on it every 5 minutes. I'd imagine that by pressing the 'washer advance' button it would shorten the length of the cycle, but that's a guess.
Next time the machine is being used, why don't you press the 'washer advance' button to see what happens?
That's how I find out what some of the functions are.
Good luck.

Ken
Kenasked

What does washer advance do

Max D.

Advance the wash to rince and spin or just spin

shirley masked

how to spin only

How do I spin only

Online shopper

Sorry, Shirley, Can't help you with that as I have always done the full cycle.

Ree
Ree

Mine has the spin only option, if you have this model it's got spin with a t-shirt sign and an arrow through it

Anonasked
WashSmart WA7060G2 (7kg)

I have just purchased this machine to replace an old F & P. When the machine drains before it goes into spin, the pump makes loud cycling sucking noises of 3 seconds each which lasts for over 30 seconds, rather than the normal drain noise. No one else seems to have raised this in the reviews. Has anyone else experienced this situation?

Sammie
Sammie

I haven't - may be worth checking under warranty

Max D.

It’s normal mine does that too but quicker

Anon

Yes I got F & K out under warranty and they said that the european pumps had been replaced with chinese ones to save a few $ after the NZ company sold. They all do it apparently and after 12 months noise still the same. Thought I was buying quality!! Won't buy F & P again

WashSmart WA7060G2 (7kg)

Why does my Fisher and Paykel 7kg washer keep cutting the water off during a fill. Depending on the machine's mood it cuts off the hot water one day, then the next time it's used it'll cut off the cold water. Getting the washer to fill and actually start it's cycle is a real chore. It's nothing like my old 16 year old F&P Excellence 7.5kg washer which gave great service and cleaned the clothes without a constant hassle. It even spun the washing almost dry unlike the new one which leaves most of the load quite wet! Any answers so I can get this washer to fill properly would be appreciated.

Matty C.
Matty C.

Do you have the water level set on auto?

Anni

No. I've never used auto, but the washer behaves like it's on auto. It even stops filling some days and tries to wash with 2 inches of water in the bowl. Thank you for your answer!

Domniks
Domniksasked

Hi.
How old is this model, pls
WA7060G2

stan
stan

look on the back of the machine. there should be manufacturing datr

Martinasked
WashSmart WA7060G2 (7kg)

Why is the water pump so noisy after it pumps out the water compared to my 20 year old one.
NZ made one had French made water pump, new one is Italian Askoll brand made in China!

Hamptonroses
Hamptonroses

F&P no longer care about quality - my old F&P was virtually silent, clothes spun to almost dry, but my new replacement one is louder than a lawn mower, the clothes are dripping wet after final spin, and are covered in lint. I regret going with F&P again, quality of machine and care factor from their complaints Dept is zero. They are cutting costs wherever they can by using cheap parts!

JB
JB

Yes Ive had a very similar experience with my new F&P machine, old one was much better :(

Martin

Agreed they use some Italian designed pump made in China & Pulse it.
Thankfully the rest of the machine is made assembled in Thailand. They afraid to put made in Thailand, that should be a premium product then :-)
At least it does complete cycle times faster with small loads but the water pump makes it sound like a $2 Chinese design. It is what happens when a great company is bought out by Chinese. I'll be glad one day when 1st world companies make again

Sandy
Sandyasked
WashSmart WA7060G2 (7kg)

How to use spin only cycle

Leoasked
WashSmart WA7060G2 (7kg)

Bought this brand new a week ago.
When filling it makes a clonking noise like the agitator is grabbing.
Only at the start when filling

Martin

That is normal, it is testing the automatic water level to see if the spin clutch is finally free - parts float apart and disengage. This is the clunking you hear as the machine tests the fill level.

Cheers Thanks

Leoasked
WashSmart WA7060G2 (7kg)

Bought this brand new a week ago.
When filling it makes a clonking noise like the agitator is grabbing.
Only at the start when filling

Lena M.asked
WashSmart WA7060G2 (7kg)

I really suggest you make sure people KNOW that if they have older plumbing and the hot water pressure isn't fantastic, thaey will NEVER get a warm or hot wash without using a hose manually. It would save a heck of a lot of hassle and disappointment... not to mention bad feedback on the internet.

WashSmart WA7060G2 (7kg)

I have a new Fisher and Paykel machine which replaced my F & P GW711, 7.5kg washer which had lasted for 16 years. I should have just had my machine repaired instead of wasting over $700 on a new Fisher and Paykel 7kg.

The first new machine had to be replaced because it would not fill. I was supplied with a replacement and to my disgust found its performance was almost just as bad as the first.

I've always washed in warm water, but the machine cuts the hot water off and will only fill if the cold wash is selected. The cold wash is often problematic when filling just with cold water as it cuts the cold water off when there is less than an inch in the washer. Usually it will start up again, but this fault indicates to me that eventually no water will work! Has anyone had a similar experience?

Also, the agitator is so flimsy I seriously doubt that the small "wings" at the bottom will last very long. This is nothing like my old solid Fisher and Paykel GW711 which had much stronger parts!

The time has passed to receive another new one from the store where I purchased the washer. So it appears I'm stuck with a fairly useless new machine which will obviously not last long at all.

Very disappointing that F & P appliances and quality control have gone downhill. Never again will I buy another Fisher and Paykel appliance as a replacement.

Ashwani

I agree and disagree. That is true that the manufacturers of any goods are cutting the cost by replacing metalic items with plastic or similar items which are light in weight and cost which are not very strong. At the same time, the manufacturers test and varify the stregth of parts to ensure it will last longer and do the required job. Also, latest models are power efficient and economical to use. I will go for replacement.

Anni

It's already been replaced once and the new one does the same trick of cutting the water off. The cheap parts I can suffer!. What use is a washing machine that doesn't want to fill with water? This is my biggest problem now! The store where I purchased it will only replace defective goods in the first 14 days! As I mentioned my main problem is getting the washer to fill. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks for your response.

Max D.

The agitator is EXACTLY the same as the one that was in your old machine so don’t worry about it breaking also the washer will try and wash with low water if on auto so it can sense if it needs to fill more

Lana J.
Lana J.asked
WashSmart WA7060G2 (7kg)

Does anyone find it thumps when filling ?

Anni

Is it cutting the water off when it thumps?

Ashwani

generally, it thumps when cutting the water

Lena M.

That's totally normal especially if it's on "sensing the load" mode.... it does say that in the manual..... It's being " Smart".. lol !

WashSmart WA7060G2 (7kg)

Why does the machine stop and start while filling for the wash cycle.. The taps are on and every few seconds it cuts either the hot water or cold water off. It even cuts all the water off and won't fill at all. After the first fill the washer behaves normally.

BTW this is a replacement new machine because the first new washer would not fill at all. This is the first time I used it this morning. The first machine had 4 uses and would not fill at all. Was taken away and a new one supplied. It appears to have the same problem!

Any help would be appreciated!

Lena M.

I bought a Quick Smart and found I could get no more than a tiny trickle of hot water. I was informed it was because of the " digital valves"...... was told that I'd only get a hot or warm wash with a machine that would do an allergy wash. Upgraded to a Wash Smart and it's exactly the same. I don't even turn the hot tap on now, just fill hot water required from a hose......The problem apparently is my low pressure hot water. I didn't have this problem with the older technology!! So much for "progress" ;-( other than that I love the machine. The allergy cycle isn't an option for me, as it needs hot water for the rinses.....

Anni

It's very disappointing that my old Fisher and Paykel machine GW711 Excellence died after 16 years and because I'd had good service from it I bought the same brand. My old washer would fill for a warm wash, no problems. What is it with these so called advanced washers that you cannot even get it going?

I won't be buying another F & P next time. I suspect this machine will not last 16 years either!

Thanks for your answer Lena M.

Ronald M.
Ronald M.asked

Can you Spin only

Peter P
Peter P

Good question! As the manual makes no mention of this (take note f&p), I googled it and on the f&p website it says "Use wash advance to advance the current cycle or to start a cycle at a particular stage, ie to complete a rinse and spin, or to perform a spin only." on the aol website you can download the wa7060g2 manual and see that a "Wash advance" button is provided next to the "Start/pause" button on the machine.

Mike
Mikeasked
WashSmart WA7060G2 (7kg)

Does anyone have problems with the agitator catching on clothes due to the fins? Also, is the drum a sealed drum?

fisher_man
fisher_man

if agitator catches on clothes then it has been damaged, order replacement form f&p spares.
Inner drum can be removed by taking top off machine and removing trim and agitator.
Caution Inner drum has sharp holes on the outside, they will cut hands/ armes. use caution in removal;.

Maria P
Maria Pasked
WashSmart WA7060G2 (7kg)

I just want to know if you can do a spin without the wash cycle? I've washed a jumper and just want to spin dry it thanks Maria

Colleen Taylor
Colleen Taylor

Sure I do all the time, just put machine on quick wash, cold wash,then straight to spin dry

Mon
Mon

Yes you sure can darl. I love it as I hand wash it soak quite a lot of things then spin it in the machine before hanging out to dry

Geoff Masked
WashSmart WA7060G2 (7kg)

Why does the machine go back to the start when I pause the cycle?

Mellos
Mellos

I have no idea sorry, mine does pause. Seems like a fault. There terrible machines.

Dissappointed
Dissappointed

Hi Geoff,
When we touch pause/start button to maybe put more cloths in, then push start/pause again, the timings goes back about 5 minutes. It doesn't go back to the start on ours. Sounds like a fault that should be fixed.

Geoff M

Thanks we put on a load with a 1.5 hour soak and when we paused it the time went to 3.0 hours

Paul
Paulasked
WashSmart WA7060G2 (7kg)

why is my smartwash top load washing machine making so much noise when it spins? It's only about 3 months old.

See all Fisher & Paykel Series 5 Top Loader Washing Machines questions

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA7060G2 (7kg)

Other Top Loading Washing Machines