MPN: WA8560E1
See the Best Top Loading Washing Machines in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Fisher & Paykel

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Luke
LukeSydney, NSW

Auto fill under fills washing machine and lost of lint issues. Agitator wings break easily

Firstly the auto fill option under fills the machine for the load. This causes soap residue. You say add less soap, but the solution from f&p to reduce lint is to add more soap. F&P know there is a lint problem & sell a lint filter for it. Should have been included to start with. The agitator blades break off and then start to tear your cloths. The agitator blades are note well designed

Purchased in May 2019.

Sam
SamPerth, WA

A follow up to my other review, I think they can do better

Pros:
The motor is great
Cons:
Lint lint, Fisher and Paykel is aware of this for years but who cares
No hot&cold water mixer, so hot water hits first and will ruin your clothes

Purchased in July 2018.

Stephanie E.
Stephanie E.Perth, WA

Noisiest washing machine i have ever owned

I brought this based on the reviews saying how quiet it is, it is so noisy it sounds like it is going to take off, very very disappointed as our laundry is next to our living room, even with the doors shut you can still hear it

Purchased in April 2018.

Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA8560E1 (8.5kg) compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

OMG - Welcome to my Nightmare

I have the 8. kg model. For 4 years and 8 months I have put up with it unbalancing !!!! I have had the technician out, who tried to tell me it is because I send my water out onto the lawn. I put up with it because I knew we were going to do a major reno and change our plumbing. Well guess what! I no longer do that and it still unbalances - every single friggen load. Biggest piece of rubbish I have ever purchased. I will not even give it away, as I would not inflict this nightmare on my worst enemy. Never Ever will I buy a Fisher and Paykel again. And as for the technician - Don't lie to people, if you know the machine has this fault, be honest.

Purchased in April 2016 at Joyce Mayne for $800.00.

always beeping

Had for years. SO annoying. Don't buy. Unbalances ALL the time, quite unreasonably; then beeps. try rebalance...doesn't work... more beeping and so on for hours. Detergent dispenser is also silly.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Kim M
Kim M

Awful. Avoid.

Purchased in July 2018 at Winning Appliances WA, Osborne Park.

Middy
MiddySouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use

We have only had this machine for a few weeks. It is easy to use and it has quick and efficient washing cycles and it is reasonably quiet.

The machine has an automatic levelling function which it does in the set up phase. The automatic water level function is great.

Our previous Fisher & Paykel machine lasted 17 years so we would be very optimistic if this one lasted that long.

JB
JBRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Dont buy

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman for $850.00.

Washer- Lint build up.

The only problem we have so far is lint build up on our clothes. Never had it with any other washing machine. We will no be getting another Fisher & Paykel washer.

Ros I
Ros IHunter Region, NSW

always goes off balance when I wash my towels and sheets

Everytime I wash my sheets or towels this washing machine goes off balance. At least twice it stops itself and beeps it’s load is off. It is so annoying if you don’t hear it and come back an hour later to hang it out and it’s stopped itself.
Other than that when I was my clothes it’s great

Tammy Parnell
Tammy ParnellPerth, WA

wonderful

I have bought this a while ago and have nothing but great use from it. Cleaning beautifully can use the quick wash which takes no time at all but cleans as well as the soak dial which runs for about 30 mins.

Purchased for $700.00.

Menu
MenuGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect washing machine

Normally we use our washing machine every day. Perfectly it removes stains and completely remove wetness from clothes.It has more functions to do seperate things. Economically friendly and lucky to have it.

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman for $890.00.

Pommypeter
PommypeterHunter Region, NSW

This is perfect

This is an excellent Washing machine and would recommend to anyone. It is compact and very quite and does a very good job of washing clothes from Work overalls to towels to sheets to delicate clothes. Controls are easy as all push button and spin drying is excellent as you can select a high 1100 rpm which leaves clothes almost dry. Also you can miss and mach on different cycles I.E hot/cold wash, as well as change cycles mid wash. Spin speeds etc. Only paid $1076 including installation and 5 yr warranty

Purchased in December 2018.

Bad machine for pet lovers

This machine is quiet but if you have pet hair on an item of clothing, it will spread it to every garment in the washing machine. My old Simpson washing machine had a lint collector so the clothes came out cleaner than when they went in. Can't afford to replace it as I only just bought it!

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Shell
Shell

Loving the size and functionality

No matter how dirty or delicate my clothes are there is a cycle for everything. The dirty clothes really come out clean and any delicates are not ruined. The clothes need less drying time as the machine spins so fast. My laundry is situated not far from the bedrooms but it is so quiet that I can run it at night and it doesn't disturb anyones sleep.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Top Loading Washing Machines

Read more reviews - page 2See all Fisher & Paykel Series 7 Top Loader Washing Machines reviews