MPN: WA8560E1
See the Best Top Loading Washing Machines in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Fisher & Paykel

Luke
LukeSydney, NSW

Auto fill under fills washing machine and lost of lint issues. Agitator wings break easily

Firstly the auto fill option under fills the machine for the load. This causes soap residue. You say add less soap, but the solution from f&p to reduce lint is to add more soap. F&P know there is a lint problem & sell a lint filter for it. Should have been included to start with. The agitator blades break off and then start to tear your cloths. The agitator blades are note well designed

Purchased in May 2019.

Sam
SamPerth, WA

A follow up to my other review, I think they can do better

Pros:
The motor is great
Cons:
Lint lint, Fisher and Paykel is aware of this for years but who cares
No hot&cold water mixer, so hot water hits first and will ruin your clothes

Purchased in July 2018.

Stephanie E.
Stephanie E.Perth, WA

Noisiest washing machine i have ever owned

I brought this based on the reviews saying how quiet it is, it is so noisy it sounds like it is going to take off, very very disappointed as our laundry is next to our living room, even with the doors shut you can still hear it

Purchased in April 2018.

OMG - Welcome to my Nightmare

I have the 8. kg model. For 4 years and 8 months I have put up with it unbalancing !!!! I have had the technician out, who tried to tell me it is because I send my water out onto the lawn. I put up with it because I knew we were going to do a major reno and change our plumbing. Well guess what! I no longer do that and it still unbalances - every single friggen load. Biggest piece of rubbish I have ever purchased. I will not even give it away, as I would not inflict this nightmare on my worst enemy. Never Ever will I buy a Fisher and Paykel again. And as for the technician - Don't lie to people, if you know the machine has this fault, be honest.

Purchased in April 2016 at Joyce Mayne for $800.00.

Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA8560E1 (8.5kg) compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

always beeping

Had for years. SO annoying. Don't buy. Unbalances ALL the time, quite unreasonably; then beeps. try rebalance...doesn't work... more beeping and so on for hours. Detergent dispenser is also silly.

Kim M
Kim M

Awful. Avoid.

Purchased in July 2018 at Winning Appliances WA, Osborne Park.

JB
JBRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Dont buy

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman for $850.00.

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

Washer- Lint build up.

The only problem we have so far is lint build up on our clothes. Never had it with any other washing machine. We will no be getting another Fisher & Paykel washer.

Ros I
Ros IHunter Region, NSW

always goes off balance when I wash my towels and sheets

Everytime I wash my sheets or towels this washing machine goes off balance. At least twice it stops itself and beeps it’s load is off. It is so annoying if you don’t hear it and come back an hour later to hang it out and it’s stopped itself.
Other than that when I was my clothes it’s great

Top Loading Washing Machines

Bad machine for pet lovers

This machine is quiet but if you have pet hair on an item of clothing, it will spread it to every garment in the washing machine. My old Simpson washing machine had a lint collector so the clothes came out cleaner than when they went in. Can't afford to replace it as I only just bought it!

Date PurchasedDec 2018
benq1970
benq1970South East Queensland, QLD

Not happy Jan

This is my third f&p washing machine and its so not user friendly like the previous models. Lid keeps locking and I have to turn off to reset. Then it does this stupid thing where even when you select the water height it starts, fills for a minute then locks the lid and stirs the water.. Very annoying. If you liked the previous model stick with that. I do like the countdown timer so you know how long the load has.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
unhappy j
unhappy j

never again fisher and paykel

this washing machine is the worst machine ever I have had fisher and paykel machines in the past and were great this Junker is always out of balance and stops and beeps on any size load 1 sock with also make it out of balance . it would be different if the feet were out level but they are . the balancing problem has gone on for years and always thought it was over loading but we ever have . now 1 year out off extended warranty this still goes on and the warranty is crap as well . I have had now 3 freezers' 1 dryer and a now washing machine fall inside the warranty or just out no help from any one . under 5 years old at this stage I will ever have a fisher and paykel product again .

Date PurchasedJune 2013

Michelle Goldburg
Michelle GoldburgBenalla

its okay

its okay i like it some what.. lol.. ^.^)
bit too pricey for the quality i thought thou.. lol..
but it does what its supposed too and i suppose thats the main thing isnt it lol..
thats all i have to say about it really lol..
Thanks for reading regards! :)

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Absolute rubbish. Wouldnt recommend it to anyone!

On our 3rd replacement machine and still having major issues with machine 'thinking' it is unbalanced. Have been told that it was a manufacturer fault but F&P still providing us with same make/model/problems. Not happy. Contacting Dept for Consumer Protection. We also paid for an extended warranty which has not been refunded. Refer to legal action taken by ACCC 2015.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Prospective Customer
Prospective CustomerSouth East Queensland, QLD

This is not as good as our last F& P Washing Machine

This machine washes clothes well - it's reasonably new so don't know yet if it wears out our clothes. It is reasonably quiet except on the spin cycle. I guess Quick Wash is my favourite cycle otherwise I'd be in the laundry for hours. It tends to bunch sheets and towels together on the spin cycle and then all you hear is bleep bleep bleep until you untangle everything! Would give it 5 out of 10 at the moment.

Date PurchasedDec 2016