MPN: WA8560E1
See the Best Top Loading Washing Machines in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Fisher & Paykel

Stephanie E.
Stephanie E.Perth, WA

Noisiest washing machine i have ever owned

I brought this based on the reviews saying how quiet it is, it is so noisy it sounds like it is going to take off, very very disappointed as our laundry is next to our living room, even with the doors shut you can still hear it

Purchased in April 2018.

OMG - Welcome to my Nightmare

I have the 8. kg model. For 4 years and 8 months I have put up with it unbalancing !!!! I have had the technician out, who tried to tell me it is because I send my water out onto the lawn. I put up with it because I knew we were going to do a major reno and change our plumbing. Well guess what! I no longer do that and it still unbalances - every single friggen load. Biggest piece of rubbish I have ever purchased. I will not even give it away, as I would not inflict this nightmare on my worst enemy. Never Ever will I buy a Fisher and Paykel again. And as for the technician - Don't lie to people, if you know the machine has this fault, be honest.

Purchased in April 2016 at Joyce Mayne for $800.00.

always beeping

Had for years. SO annoying. Don't buy. Unbalances ALL the time, quite unreasonably; then beeps. try rebalance...doesn't work... more beeping and so on for hours. Detergent dispenser is also silly.

Kim M
Kim M

Awful. Avoid.

Purchased in July 2018 at Winning Appliances WA, Osborne Park.

Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA8560E1 (8.5kg) compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

JB
JBRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Dont buy

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman for $850.00.

Bad machine for pet lovers

This machine is quiet but if you have pet hair on an item of clothing, it will spread it to every garment in the washing machine. My old Simpson washing machine had a lint collector so the clothes came out cleaner than when they went in. Can't afford to replace it as I only just bought it!

Date PurchasedDec 2018
WallyM
WallyMAdelaide

Very pleased with this washing machine

We replaced an LG front loader that kept breaking down with this unit, and have been very pleased with it. The machine is quiet, washes well, and does a much faster wash than the front loader used to. The display panel is fairly bare and spartan - the display panel only shows remaining time so you don't see information like what part of the cycle the machine is up to, for example, but that probably means there's less to go wrong. It's really just a "set and forget" machine.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Susan
SusanNorth Queensland, QLD

Not as good as my last F&P washer

This machine is super quiet and I find it washes and rinses clothes well. It seems that it doesn't spin out as much water from clothes as they seem wetter than they did in my 10 year old F&P washer that I had before it. The normal cold cycle also takes longer in this machine. The lid locks while filling the machine which can be a nuisance. Favourite features are the many variations to cycles, and the soft touch controls. Knowing at purchase time what I know now, I'd still buy it.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Ana
AnaDrouin

Great and easy to use

This washing machine is fantastic! It fits heaps of clothes or towels. It's so easy to use and easy to adjust settings. Clothes come out clean and ready to be hung. The agitator is gentle on delicate clothes and it great for work clothes too. Just change the settings. Very happy with this product!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Tom
TomSydney

A Good Washing Machine

The Fisher and Paykel Wash Smart Top Loader is a huge upgrade over my old LG. I have had no issues with it at all, and is very quiet compared to my other one. Washes clothes great and has heaps of different modes to choose from like cold and warm etc. Would highly reccomend

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
unhappy j
unhappy j

never again fisher and paykel

this washing machine is the worst machine ever I have had fisher and paykel machines in the past and were great this Junker is always out of balance and stops and beeps on any size load 1 sock with also make it out of balance . it would be different if the feet were out level but they are . the balancing problem has gone on for years and always thought it was over loading but we ever have . now 1 year out off extended warranty this still goes on and the warranty is crap as well . I have had now 3 freezers' 1 dryer and a now washing machine fall inside the warranty or just out no help from any one . under 5 years old at this stage I will ever have a fisher and paykel product again .

Date PurchasedJune 2013
Sally
SallyHoward

Good, But could be much better

O k this machine does the washing to a high standard. My only "beef" is the control panel is too hard to read. There is plenty of room to label the buttons, but they choose to use tiny print which requires glasses and a torch to read. WHY do it? F & P did the same with the good drawer dish washer. They changed the panel to face out instead of up so one has to kneel down to read it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

bellamama
bellamamaVictoria, Australia

It's good but too noisy

Fisher and paykel is a good washing machine, its water saving, energy saving , but way to noisy, I can't use it when my child asleep , other then that it's ok . So I don't recommend you to buy it , if you have baby or toddler . Because it's too noisy.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Ademsulk
AdemsulkPerth

Different one

It's always new and different. It clean and rinse the clothes in excellent manner it's reliable. Dosen't wear out clothes and quite. With different features to do ,washing. Fisher and paykel is one of the best in the market. That why I like it. Really you can depend on it.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Mel
MelBrisbane

Great washer!

Clothes are always clean, it is a bit loud, as it vibrates quite a lot, and if there is a lot in the bowl it will spin quite heavy and make a lot of noise, so best to only do small loads. Easy to use. It sometimes stops if there are too many clothes in there. I would buy it again, its important to hae a good washer!!

Date PurchasedMay 2016