MPN: WA8560E1
See the Best Top Loading Washing Machines in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Fisher & Paykel

Daughter
DaughterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Over it. Sick of washing things twice.

Purchased in January 2020.

Luke
LukeSydney, NSW

Auto fill under fills washing machine and lost of lint issues. Agitator wings break easily

Firstly the auto fill option under fills the machine for the load. This causes soap residue. You say add less soap, but the solution from f&p to reduce lint is to add more soap. F&P know there is a lint problem & sell a lint filter for it. Should have been included to start with. The agitator blades break off and then start to tear your cloths. The agitator blades are note well designed

Purchased in May 2019.

Sam
SamPerth, WA

A follow up to my other review, I think they can do better

Pros:
The motor is great
Cons:
Lint lint, Fisher and Paykel is aware of this for years but who cares
No hot&cold water mixer, so hot water hits first and will ruin your clothes

Purchased in July 2018.

Washer- Lint build up.

The only problem we have so far is lint build up on our clothes. Never had it with any other washing machine. We will no be getting another Fisher & Paykel washer.

Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA8560E1 (8.5kg) compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

Ros I
Ros IHunter Region, NSW

always goes off balance when I wash my towels and sheets

Everytime I wash my sheets or towels this washing machine goes off balance. At least twice it stops itself and beeps it’s load is off. It is so annoying if you don’t hear it and come back an hour later to hang it out and it’s stopped itself.
Other than that when I was my clothes it’s great

Shaz
ShazSydney Surrounds, NSW

Big Disappointment

Washes nicely and is quiet but broken down with blown power board within 18 months. Warranty service is a joke! Waited 1 week for a service and then would not work 5 minutes after serviceman left. Re-booked me for another two weeks !! Service staff could not care less. Dirty clothes piling up around my family. Very very disappointed. Never buy a Fisher & Paykel again

Date PurchasedAug 2016
benq1970
benq1970South East Queensland, QLD

Not happy Jan

This is my third f&p washing machine and its so not user friendly like the previous models. Lid keeps locking and I have to turn off to reset. Then it does this stupid thing where even when you select the water height it starts, fills for a minute then locks the lid and stirs the water.. Very annoying. If you liked the previous model stick with that. I do like the countdown timer so you know how long the load has.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Michelle Goldburg
Michelle GoldburgBenalla

its okay

its okay i like it some what.. lol.. ^.^)
bit too pricey for the quality i thought thou.. lol..
but it does what its supposed too and i suppose thats the main thing isnt it lol..
thats all i have to say about it really lol..
Thanks for reading regards! :)

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Disappointing

I have had a fisher and Paykel for years and recently upgraded to the new one. Very disappointed with the amount of lint it leaves on the clothes. It has ruined black clothes
Phoned the help line a couple of times and they say to run a hot water rinse through it which I did with no difference
Never had any problems with the previous machine and have down graded to this rubbish . Don't buy it

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Top Loading Washing Machines

Prospective Customer
Prospective CustomerSouth East Queensland, QLD

This is not as good as our last F& P Washing Machine

This machine washes clothes well - it's reasonably new so don't know yet if it wears out our clothes. It is reasonably quiet except on the spin cycle. I guess Quick Wash is my favourite cycle otherwise I'd be in the laundry for hours. It tends to bunch sheets and towels together on the spin cycle and then all you hear is bleep bleep bleep until you untangle everything! Would give it 5 out of 10 at the moment.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Rosy
RosySydney

Really does ruin clothes

Ok, so I washed several tops and a pair of shorts on delicate & I have just finished re-sewing all the hems. The washing machine rubs clothes next to each other, so it's rough on any fine stitching (such as invisible hems). I won't be using it again on delicates.
Generally the wash was ok, but not great. Clothes came out with some lint and quite crumpled.
Generally quiet, but with some louder clunks in the cycle early on.
I'd look elsewhere - it's nothing on my 5.5kg Fisher & Paykel bottom of the range top loader that I have had since 2003!

Date PurchasedNov 2016