Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg) Questions & Answers

118 questions from our users

Kat B

Kat B asked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

Our machine has always stopped with 4 mins to go, and says NO TAP. We usually just hit the start button and it continues on. However today we can’t hear any water coming in, and the machine stays on 59 mins, and every 10 minutes will beep with the NO TAP warning. Taps are connected? Does it make a difference that our machine is connected to our water tank (which has plenty of water?)

Renisa

Renisaasked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

Got a clear filter message, cleaned it then ran a wash and did it again. Cleaned filter again and once again got an error. What do I.do? Filter is.clean and can not see any obvious signs of a blockage.

Ally

Allyasked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

Hi the detergent draw won’t open. The key lock isn’t on, I’ve turned it on and off, unplugged it and reset the machine to factory setting but nothing is working. Any suggestions? thanks!

Nicola H.

Nicola H.asked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

Hi how do I fill up the machine with water to soak something? I put a wash on the cottons cycle but it doesn’t have much water in it at all

jmm

jmmasked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

My F &P wash smart machine has been showing the NO TAP error for a while and I figured out that it was the cold water inlet valve that was faulty. I replaced it and now the water is working normally again but every time it gets to the rinse cycle it is saying NO TAP again. I then just press the play/pause button and it works again but it’s such a hassle having to do it every cycle??
Would anyone have any idea as to what the problem is now??
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you.

Jenny B.

Jenny B.asked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

Does this machine heat it’s own water.....mine doesn’t seem to! Thank you....

Matt

Mattasked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

My machine is coming up with error no tap midway through a cycle (quick and everyday) . The water comes in and fills and washes the clothes. It comes up with the error when it is emptying the water and I can hear and see the water continue to drain out of the machine. We have checked all the things on the troubleshoot page of the manual and it is still occurring.
Does it have something to do with the draining?
Thanks Amanda

Katie

Katieasked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

Hey I hope my question makes sense. I have had this machine for about 2 weeks now and every time it is filling up with water it stops pumping and makes my pipes in the wall bang from the on/off pressure I use the everyday wash and it’s happening approx 10 times. Is there a setting with weaker pressure to get water in? My old machine never made my pipes do that.

Alessggasked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

The rubber seal on the front door is all buckled up but otherwise unbroken.
There is a bit of resistance every couple of revolutions of the drum. Is this normal?

Jasonasked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

During the spin cycle the machine got out of balance and made a very loud bang. Quickly turned machine off and the door seal has twisted and is distorted and the drum is sitting funny. I tipped the machine over and undone the bottom plate and there was a spring laying there. I can't work out where it came from to re-attach.
Can anyone help me out.

Alessgg

Hi Jason, it seems I have the same problem. How did you get your issue resolved? Thanks George

Jason

Ended up getting a Tech in and cost me $90 call out fee, which is fair. Undo the screws on the top of the washer and slide the top panel off. There you will see where the springs go. Put back on and cable tie the springs so it can't happen again. It had me stumped but a very simple fix.
Hope this helps George.

Stephen P.

Stephen P.asked

No tap error code

Kerryn Keys

Kerryn Keysasked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

I have a 8.5kg front load washing machine. I found a puddle of water seeping out yesterday from the left front of the machine. The water seems to be coming from possible under the detergent draw (water is not coming out the front of machine) we have checked all hoses. Any suggestions gratefully received

david lee m.
david lee m.

I have had the same problem with the water underneath as there is a overflow port if the water is backing up in the underpan as you can see when you remove the draw.I removed the lid on top water unplugging it first to see if the pipe is kinked that another post said was the problem wish cost $280 for a tecknition to replace..It wasn't. There is a breather pipe from the top of the drum that connect to the back of the underpan that has very small holes in it to allow the air out of the drum as it fills.These were blocked with lint.Remove the clamp and pull the hose of the drum and blow it out and the lint will blow into the underpan.run a 15 min quick cycle with the soap draw removed and water should flow unrestricted. This worked for me and haven't had a drop at full tap flow..cheers

Rose P.

Rose P.asked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

I just bought washing machine
Model no is WH1060P1
I always use a liquid wash and I sometimes want to add napisan
to my wash but not sure where to put it ?
In with liquid wash or powder wash compartment ??
Pls advice tnx

wybe

wybeasked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

having clean water overflowing from detergent dispenser area inside washer and on to the ground. i suspect that the hose connecting from the detergent dispenser to the machine bowl maybe has a hole or the cold water feed pipe is leaking when asking to fill machine. only happens when filling especially on the rinse cycles not normally on the wash cycle. how would i get to this hose please

Caroline G

Caroline Gasked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

Looking at making the switch from my WashSmart top loader to the WashSmart front loader. Ive noticed though that the front loader has no soak option as it does on the top loader. So my question is, can you pause the wash mid cycle for a period of time to effectively let the clothes soak? Is this possible? Does anyone do this successfully? The absence of the soak option is a major drawback for me, and unfortunately the FabricSmart which does have a soak option is it of my budget.

LOBO

LOBOasked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

Is the dual water valve like other water valves n front loaders

Matt

Mattasked

Hi, I have a WH7560P1.
when it gets to the rinse cycle it starts beeping and displays "no tap"
I have checked all the basics, hoses, drain pipe, tap filters, water pressure, all ok.
Any other ideas? Faulty inlet valve solenoid?

Greg J.

Greg J.asked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

machine is level and stable but vibrates badly and noisy on spin

shashank r.

shashank r.asked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

Error 74 problem,changed the pressure sensor but problem stilled,,also replaced pcb display cntr,,machine not turn on,,please tell me what i do.

Paddy Eugene

Paddy Eugeneasked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

the machine pauses midcycle and says "no cold water" . But cold is working fine. cannot get past this point

See all Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen questions