Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg) Questions & Answers

MPN: 36164224
Listing monitored by Fisher & Paykel

56 questions from our users

Hayden
Haydenasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

how much does the machine weigh.
We have a lot of stairs to reach the installation spot so would be helpful to know

Marisa
Marisa

I'm sorry I don't have that information. A retailer could probably help you with that

Andrew
Andrewasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

Just had installed last week, will not heat water just makes a buzzing sound then clicks, makes buzzing sound again then EAP NO error. This machine specifically states it heats the water once it recongnises no hot water tap is connected. Have done all troubleshooting as per FnP book and reset machine. As you can imagine the wife is NOT HAPPY JAN! any ideas what could be causing this error?

Sue
Sueasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

The handwash cycle, what is the temperature of the water in the rinse

The Reviewer
The Reviewer

If not in the manual ask F & P obviously

Tony
Tonyasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

What is the total weight of the washing machine

Wayne R.
Wayne R.asked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

Fisher & Paykel WH7560P2, what is the washing tumble size between 7.5, 8.0 and 8.5 Kgs

LJJ
LJJ

It's in the model number. WH7560P is 7.5kg, WH8060P is 8.0kg and WH8560P is 8.5kg. The first 2 numbers represents the size.

Kay
Kayasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

When water is 1st going into the Machine, we have the pipes thumping, which is normal coming from water tank, but what is annoying the water valve in washing machine, every time the drum stops & starts, it thumps seperate to water hammer. Is this normal? Also spin on 1400 doesn't seem to dry clothes as well as old Miele. Have had to respin.

JeannieCeeasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

Why are these washers being discounted May 2020?

N Lim
N Lim

We just purchased the 12kg front loader.... worst decision ever... it doesnt spin dry your clothes very well so you have to put it through extra 24 minutes of spin cycle.... and it shakes like almighty.... its perfectly level.... about it being quiet..... when it spins it near on walks off by itself...... wish I bought a top loader....

JeannieCee

Maybe you should seek professional assistance with this N Lim, as it doesn't sound right. I did buy the WH8560P2, it arrived 2 days ago and I did 4 loads of washing yesterday using various wash cycles. I was extremely happy with the wash, spin and quietness of the washer. Have found nothing bad yet.

ADNILEB
ADNILEBasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

Can anyone please advise whether they’ve had a problem with their machine not filling with water above 30 degrees at start up? Pipes and water inlet work fine and have been checked for any damage, flow and blockages.
F&P will assist, at a cost. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

tintac
tintacasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

Why is F&P product support so lousy?
After calling support regarding a leak from the WH8560P2, I waited for 75 minutes before giving up. I then found their live chat, and the person on that had no support strategy other than to schedule a service call.
Other whitewoods manufacturers, eg Bosch, can provide technical suggestions for things that can be tried.

LCJasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

Can you soak in this machine? It looks like it doesn’t have a soak option but are you able to pause it allowing it the soak before continuing the cycle?

Vicwondering
Vicwondering

Honestly I don't know. For my soiled clothes what works for me is add with your detergent a scoop of gold nappie san. It works for me. I still use cold water.

LCJ

Thanks. So does this machine have a pause on it?

Caroline G
Caroline G

I am also trying to find the answer to this! Have contacted F&P but their answer is just stating the obvious- that there isnt a soak function, but thats not even my question! Has anyone used the pause button to effectively soak the clothes?

Mirco.E
Mirco.Easked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

I purchased this washer today and the drain hose is to short

HelenBasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

Does this machine tangle clothes

Litoria
Litoria

We use the Everyday cycle in our machine and haven't had any tangling.

Kevin Galna
Kevin Galnaasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

I had trouble with the water not draining (error 37) and I cleaned the filter but no success. I removed the pump but I forgot to photograph the wiring. One is a single wire and the other has 2 wires. Where does each wire go, L or A?
Beautiful quiet machine! We have quite a few Fisher & Paykel appliances in our house and we recommend any of your products to our friends. Kindest Regards, Kevin.

Sam B
Sam Basked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

Had our machine installed, one successful wash now says error CLR Fltr.

Checked filter nothing there, moved the little fan at the back to reset but still no success.

Error message still there.

Any ideas thanks

chicky
chickyasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

Have had my Washsmart for 3 weeks. Worked perfectly fine until yesterday when it had an error code that there is no water getting to the machine. There is. I decided to put it on a short cycle and it worked perfectly, but now I am using the longer cycle the code keeps appearing. Any suggestions?

Geoff W
Geoff Wasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

How much does the WH8560P2(8.5kg) machine weigh?

Ian W.
Ian W.

its on the website or any sales site under specifications for that model

approx 69Kg.

Dazza J
Dazza Jasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

is there a way to make the end of cycle buzzer louder ?? our previous machine (Miele) was great you could hear it in the house as our laundry is in the garage but this one is so quiet i find myself having to physically check every 5 min and its killing my ocd lol.
thanks

MnH
MnH

Use your microwave timer

sueasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

Must have done something to the machine when started last time. I can't select any shorter cycle with the knob. A message 'KEY LOC' comes up and I can't change the settings. It is permanently on 2 hour cycle!.
Anyone know how to fix this? Can't see anything in manual

You could try this...

To turn Keylock mode ON or OFF:
Touch and hold the KEYLOCK button for 2 seconds.

When activated, the light above the KEYLOCK button is illuminated.
If Keylock mode is activated:
To turn your washer on, touch and hold the POWER button for 2 seconds. This will activate the control panel. Keylock mode will remain activated.
To PAUSE your washer at any time during the cycle, touch and hold the START / PAUSE button for 2 seconds, or touch the START / PAUSE button twice in quick succession.
To STOP your washer or power off at any time, touch and hold the POWER button for 2 seconds or touch the POWER button twice in quick succession.

sue

Thank you! Seems so easy - feel a bit of a fool for not working it out, but the book didn't mention anything!

Mishl
Mishlasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

Are you all still happy with this F&P front load machine? Mine arrived with a broken latch this week & although the appliance store is happy to swap it over, I'm a bit nervous about the build-quality now and thinking I should swap it for another brand...?

Donna NZ

Yes very happy with ours, and I've had it since Feb 2017. You should get it fixed or replaced no charge if it's arrived broken. I've had no issues with the quality or strength of the machine and I've got 3 children and do quite a few loads of washing every week. It must have had a heck of a knock to break the latch....especially while it was packaged in the box. I'd ask for a new one in case it's been dropped in transit. There could be more damage to it you're not aware of.

Finn
Finnasked

What is error clr fler?

fisher_man

clear filter - found behind flap in bottom right hand corner of machine.
It's probably blocked preventing it from draining fast.

See all Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader questions

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

Other Front Loading Washing Machines