Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader Questions & Answers (page 3 of 8)

WH7560P2 (7.5kg), WH8560P2 (8.5kg), WH8060P2 (8.0kg)
Listing monitored by Fisher & Paykel

141 questions from our users

tintac
tintacasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

Why is F&P product support so lousy?
After calling support regarding a leak from the WH8560P2, I waited for 75 minutes before giving up. I then found their live chat, and the person on that had no support strategy other than to schedule a service call.
Other whitewoods manufacturers, eg Bosch, can provide technical suggestions for things that can be tried.

Belindaasked
WashSmart Front Loader

The drainage plug near the filter is stuck inside the machine. How do I get it out?

Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.asked
WashSmart Front Loader

Our Fisher and Paykel front loader leaks water while washing cant seem to find the cause any ideas

Bev M.
Bev M.

If it is leaking out the front its the seal.

MnH
MnHasked
WashSmart Front Loader

Why does the drain system turn off and on about 30 times during the spin?

Vicwondering

Not sure but if your standing there at the start count how many "squirts" of water go in before it washes.
All part of the cycles.

clonemeasked
WashSmart WH8060P2 (8.0kg)

How to remove the lower front kick plate

Vicwondering

You should only remove the cover for the filter, which is a small plate not the whole kickplate.
A coin or screw driver will help remove.

cloneme

I need to remove the whole plate as the
drain rubber hose has slipped inside the the machine.

me too

Janelle S
Janelle Sasked
WashSmart WH8060P2 (8.0kg)

I power on then try to select cycle by turning knob however machine turns off. Sometimes I will move to cycles other times several. No error code on display.

Bea
Beaasked
WashSmart WH8060P2 (8.0kg)

For some garments, I'd hand wash them and use the washer's spin cycle to dry it.
My son has a WH7560J2 washer. Ever since he bought it 3 years ago, the spin cycle doesn't work to dry hand-washed business shirts. He finds this extremely annoying.
I intend to get a WH8060P2 to replace an existing Fisher & Paykel top loader. Could any user tell if the spin cycle of the WH8060P2 can be used independently to spin dry washings?
Thank you.

KittyKatasked
WashSmart WH7560P2 (7.5kg)

Hi, is it normal not to see water in the glass door of the machine. I feel it’s not rinsing properly, clothes feel like they have detergent left in them. I am using liquid detergent and have reduced the recommended dose by half. Any ideas? Thanks

Vicwondering

It doesn't sound right, after my wash is finished I wipe liquid from the door and rubber.
My suggestion is, if, you don't already do it, is, do a drum clean by running a 1/2hr wash
with no clothes or detergent, just water (cold) and if you can watch when rinse cycle is on
it may give you an idea if you need a repairman. This is my best guess I hope it works they
are a great machine.

KittyKat

Hi thanks for the tip I’ll give it a go. The machine is only 2 weeks old I hope I don’t need a repair man! Thanks.

LCJasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

Can you soak in this machine? It looks like it doesn’t have a soak option but are you able to pause it allowing it the soak before continuing the cycle?

Vicwondering

Honestly I don't know. For my soiled clothes what works for me is add with your detergent a scoop of gold nappie san. It works for me. I still use cold water.

LCJ

Thanks. So does this machine have a pause on it?

Caroline G
Caroline G

I am also trying to find the answer to this! Have contacted F&P but their answer is just stating the obvious- that there isnt a soak function, but thats not even my question! Has anyone used the pause button to effectively soak the clothes?

Mirco.E
Mirco.Easked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

I purchased this washer today and the drain hose is to short

HelenBasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

Does this machine tangle clothes

Litoria

We use the Everyday cycle in our machine and haven't had any tangling.

Trevor S.
Trevor S.asked
WashSmart Front Loader

When my washer drains on any cycle it will drain for about 8 seconds and then stop for 5 seconds and then drains and stops again, it keeps doing this until all water is drained. Is this normal?

Rog
Rog

This is normal

Kevin Galna
Kevin Galnaasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

I had trouble with the water not draining (error 37) and I cleaned the filter but no success. I removed the pump but I forgot to photograph the wiring. One is a single wire and the other has 2 wires. Where does each wire go, L or A?
Beautiful quiet machine! We have quite a few Fisher & Paykel appliances in our house and we recommend any of your products to our friends. Kindest Regards, Kevin.

John S.
John S.asked
WashSmart WH7560P2 (7.5kg)

I have just bought this amazing machine but have one question....how do I get the alarm to work when the washing cycle has finished

Litoria

I don't know of an alarm relevant to the washing cycle. Our machine does several quiet beeps when the final rinse cycle has finished. I recall one reviewer commenting that the beeps were not loud enough to be heard from the other end of the house, and that it would have been helpful to have loud beeps because the next lot of nappies could be put in instantly. With our machine, you would not hear the beeps if you were more than one room away from the machine. That suits us. Perhaps it's worth looking to see how long the cycle is going to take so that you don't need the alarm or loud beeps?

Liam C.
Liam C.asked
WashSmart WH7560P2 (7.5kg)

Does anyone know how to access the pump, ive got the clr filtr error coming up, ive cleaned it out 3 times, blown back through the drain hose, including with water in which its coming out through the filter with no blockages, i can hear an activating sound from the pump but it isnt moving any water, which makes me think that possibly something might be stuck in the pump itself

Angie G.
Angie G.

This happens to me and won't finish the cycle until error is fixed.

Stacey M.
Stacey M.

I’m having the same issue, did you end up resolving the issue?

Mags A.
Mags A.

Anyone found an answer

Linda
Lindaasked
WashSmart WH7560P2 (7.5kg)

My washing machine randomly (most washes) leaks from the detergent drawer and there is a lot of water on the floor. Is there a simple solution before I call someone to look at it?

Gen
Genasked
WashSmart WH7560P2 (7.5kg)

Keeps stopping saying filter need to be cleaned . Filter has been cleaned and flushed. Any help?

Blue mountains
Blue mountains

Check your wiring connectors on the back of the drum. I had the same issue and found the earth (yellow and green wire) loose but still barely touching for the water pump. I just made the connection tighter with a pair of pliers so it won't shake off. And it's working now. The other connectors were heaps tight. Hope this helps. Good luck

Sam B
Sam Basked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

Had our machine installed, one successful wash now says error CLR Fltr.

Checked filter nothing there, moved the little fan at the back to reset but still no success.

Error message still there.

Any ideas thanks

chicky
chickyasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

Have had my Washsmart for 3 weeks. Worked perfectly fine until yesterday when it had an error code that there is no water getting to the machine. There is. I decided to put it on a short cycle and it worked perfectly, but now I am using the longer cycle the code keeps appearing. Any suggestions?

Geoff W
Geoff Wasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

How much does the WH8560P2(8.5kg) machine weigh?

Ian W.
Ian W.

its on the website or any sales site under specifications for that model

fisher_man