Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader Questions & Answers (page 4 of 8)

WH7560P2 (7.5kg), WH8560P2 (8.5kg), WH8060P2 (8.0kg)
Listing monitored by Fisher & Paykel

142 questions from our users

Geoff W
Geoff Wasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

How much does the WH8560P2(8.5kg) machine weigh?

Ian W.
Ian W.

its on the website or any sales site under specifications for that model

approx 69Kg.

GreenVomit8asked
WashSmart WH7560P2 (7.5kg)

Does anyone know if there is a way to may the 'Everyday' wash cycle the 'default' wash cycle that is selected when the washing machine first starts up?
The Everyday wash cycle only takes 60 min verses more than 2 hours with the default 'Cottons' wash cycle and we have been using the Everyday wash cycle as the go to wash cycle for most washes.

Shell D
Shell D

I'd like this information too. Shame no responses

Kace
Kace

I would like to know also

Dazza J
Dazza Jasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

is there a way to make the end of cycle buzzer louder ?? our previous machine (Miele) was great you could hear it in the house as our laundry is in the garage but this one is so quiet i find myself having to physically check every 5 min and its killing my ocd lol.
thanks

MnH
MnH

Use your microwave timer

sueasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

Must have done something to the machine when started last time. I can't select any shorter cycle with the knob. A message 'KEY LOC' comes up and I can't change the settings. It is permanently on 2 hour cycle!.
Anyone know how to fix this? Can't see anything in manual

You could try this...

To turn Keylock mode ON or OFF:
Touch and hold the KEYLOCK button for 2 seconds.

When activated, the light above the KEYLOCK button is illuminated.
If Keylock mode is activated:
To turn your washer on, touch and hold the POWER button for 2 seconds. This will activate the control panel. Keylock mode will remain activated.
To PAUSE your washer at any time during the cycle, touch and hold the START / PAUSE button for 2 seconds, or touch the START / PAUSE button twice in quick succession.
To STOP your washer or power off at any time, touch and hold the POWER button for 2 seconds or touch the POWER button twice in quick succession.

sue

Thank you! Seems so easy - feel a bit of a fool for not working it out, but the book didn't mention anything!

Mishl
Mishlasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

Are you all still happy with this F&P front load machine? Mine arrived with a broken latch this week & although the appliance store is happy to swap it over, I'm a bit nervous about the build-quality now and thinking I should swap it for another brand...?

Donna NZ

Yes very happy with ours, and I've had it since Feb 2017. You should get it fixed or replaced no charge if it's arrived broken. I've had no issues with the quality or strength of the machine and I've got 3 children and do quite a few loads of washing every week. It must have had a heck of a knock to break the latch....especially while it was packaged in the box. I'd ask for a new one in case it's been dropped in transit. There could be more damage to it you're not aware of.

Fiona
Fionaasked
WashSmart WH7560P2 (7.5kg)

Hi my machine has started having the detergent (always use liquid) full of water at the end of a wash???

Avon
Avon

My machine has started doing the same thing after 15 months of use,any solution for this problem?

Benwahasked
WashSmart WH7560P2 (7.5kg)

Hi, how do i turn the volume up on the beep at the end of a wash cycle???

CharlieBrown
CharlieBrown

I’m not sure about that. Does it say you can in the instructions? The beep is loud enough for me.

Fired Up
Fired Up

If it is not in the manual .. no

Benwah

There is nothing in the manual about it. So i assume i cant turn it up. Its just a little hard to hear the beep at the end of the cycle with the laundry door shut. Sleeping baby in the next room so we don't want to leave the door open.

Finn
Finnasked

What is error clr fler?

fisher_man

clear filter - found behind flap in bottom right hand corner of machine.
It's probably blocked preventing it from draining fast.

TPA
TPAasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

Can anybody confirm the length of the drainage outlet hose, for this model? I've read it's shorter than some, so want to be sure it's suitable before purchasing. Many thanks

fisher_man

It's not the length- its the height (pressure pump).
You can add an extension (within reason)

Mamamia
Mamamiaasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

When the machine is collecting water to star the washing cycle, the pressure of drawing water seems to be excessive as I can hear the water pipe clank sound each time water is sucked by the washing machine, is there anything I can do? Call the service guy from FIsher and Paykel? Do you think they can put in a pressure reducer or some Sort?

fisher_man

The sudden change in pressure is causing the pipes in the house to rattle.
Try turning the tap off until less water is flowing - might help.

gedeks
gedeks

You can buy a water hammer arrestor which fits on the tap connection ..this should stop the water hammer..it is a very common problem with all washing machines

Rustyasked
WashSmart WH7560P2 (7.5kg)

I placed a loader in the washing machine and my arm rubbed against the rubber the metal that clamps the door rubber in place came off how to I put it back on please?

Clarke
Clarke

I'm currently having the same problem

Not easy.
fit the part that has the screw and put screw in to hold wire.
now fit the wire around the seal and, still holding the end, remove the screw without losing that end and fit through the hook in the wire, then re attach.
like I said, not easy.

GreenVomit8

The Everyday wash cycle only takes 60 min verses more than 2 hours with the default 'Cottons' wash cycle and we have been using the Everyday wash cycle as the goto wash cycle for most washes.

Rocka
Rockaasked
WashSmart WH7560P2 (7.5kg)

I have water coming from underneath the machine after it has stopped washing
Any ideas why?

Rusty

I placed a load in the washing machine and a round metal piece came off from the door rubber how do I get it back on

fisher_man

Dozens of ideas, need a lot more info.

Grahamasked
WashSmart WH7560P2 (7.5kg)

Hi, our washer is connected to hot and cold. The element still runs to heat the water to 20 deg on the cold cycle. Can we stop or bypass this somehow? We are off-grid.

fisher_man

Most detergents don't start working till the water temp reaches approx 25C.
Being a water saving device, this prevents the detergent becoming a paste and damaging clothes.
(which customers wrongly complain is the fault of the washing machine)

Yosarian
Yosarian

If you select a higher temperature then it will draw water from the hot water line and not use the inbuilt heater. If I use it this way, I run the hot water tap Into the laundry sink first so the washer gets hot water as soon as it needs it. Don't worry that the water temp will be too high as the volume used, as long as you don't have a full heavy load, to do any damage to your clothes

Graham

Thanks for that information. I'm told the washer heats the water to 20 deg with it's in build heater even when connected to the hot water and a hot wash is selected. I'll confirm if this is correct by watching my amp meter and selecting a hot wash.
Cheers,

Peter S
Peter Sasked

Error code: E 700?

any ideas?

fisher_man

Fault in the main (direct) drive motor or control circuit (below motor at back of machine.)

Cherya
Cheryaasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

Can I put a dryer on top of this machine?

fisher_man

If the washer is on a stable surface ie won't shake on spin cycle
and a mat is installed between the 2 machines - to absorb vibrations..

Sarah
Sarahasked

HI,

Our washing machine has been flashing clean filter. We have cleaned the filter and put the machine on drum clean and it is still flashing Clean Filter. Is there anything else that could be causing this issue?

fisher_man

is water coming out drain hose when on drain cycle?
If not then hose/ bloked, pump has bobby pin/ hair band/ needle or something preventing it spinning.
Check spigot at end of drain pipe.

Bruce of Perth
Bruce of Perthasked
WashSmart WH7560P2 (7.5kg)

When I select the spin cycle the system the speed is very slow and it does not seem down the clock. Any ideas?

Judy C
Judy Casked
WashSmart WH7560P2 (7.5kg)

I am getting black flakes on my wash. I don't use fabric softener and I have cleaned the filter(what a stupid place to put a filter) another story, and done a drum wash. What can it be. Why is the filter on the floor and it takes a mighty effort to get the hose out. Im 72 and was talked into getting a front loader. Bad idea.

Trish L
Trish L

Contact dealer or manufacturer

Carrie
Carrie

The black flakes could be due to pilling, poor quality washing detergent. I don't think its the washing machine.

Denise F.
Denise F.

My Mum's washer is doing the same thing. She has done a drum wash and checked the filter as well. She doesn't use fabric softener and uses a good quality washing powder in it. I would be interested to know if you have been able to fix the problem, so I can tell her how to fix it. Thanks.

Hel
Helasked
WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

I have a machine full of laundry & water - it wont drain - I cleaned the filter (as needed on the previous load and it is all clear) I have put drain cleaning chemicals down the drain incase it is a light blockage there - now I am stuck, I can't drain that much water through the filter cleaning portal, it will flood the house. How do I drain the water?

fisher_man

pull machine forward - yes it is heavy (80kg + mass of water) then tilt back so water level is below door level.
turn on and door will unlock, then water can be scooped out.
Is draim pump operating - listen for its humm.
is spigot under sink blocked, preventing drain hose from draining.

Jenny J
Jenny Jasked
WashSmart WH8060P2 (8.0kg)

I have a brand new machine (4 days old), it is leaking from under the base of the machine. I have checked it is level, hose connections and drainage. Is there anything else I can do OR is this a lemon?

fisher_man

Call f&p - it is covered by 2 yr warranty.

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives