Fisher & Paykel CleanSmart

Fisher & Paykel CleanSmart

WL1068P1 (10kg), WL8060P1 (8kg) and WL1068PW1

banya

banyaperth

Leaves lint all over clothes, leaks and doesnt spin on anything but lowest setting

This machine has a lifespan of about 3 years, after that it leaks, and doesnt spin on anything other than lowest setting. Apart from this, from new, there were problems, the machine has no removable filter so no matter what you wash it will have lint on it, Even the highest setting of water doesnt soak the material sufficiently as its still 10cms below the clothes level. You have to put an additional rinse time of 33 mins to actually get your clothes clean, so claims of water and energy efficiency are woefully incorrect.
Bad buy

Purchased in October 2015.

little star l.

little star l.South East Queensland, QLD

never ever to buy it! who like to have my washing machine, give it to you for free!

never washed and cleaned properly, wasting water, wasting my hot water for bowl cleaning!!!

Now I have to manually put out the clothes before draining the water, hand rinse them and put back to spin, terrible!

Purchased in September 2018.

Not a happy customer

Not the best machine I’ve had unfortunately... find it doesn’t wash properly , had to change from powder to liquid . Winds up pant legs and twist sheets n dish towels to the point they rip
.. would NOT buy it again

Purchased in January 2017 for $1,800.00.

Lee35Western District, VIC

Having no agitator is great!

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

trinayj

trinayjSydney, NSW

Terrible. A complete lemon.

Was dead on arrival, brand new out of the box. Error 50. Motherboard replaced. Less than a year later, same thing.
4 months after that, same thing.
This machine is a complete and utter lemon, I would strongly recommend you don't buy it.

Purchased in February 2017 at The Good Guys for $1,500.00.

3Oh

3OhSunshine Coast

This Rating is for the service only as I did not like it at all for my needs

Purchased in April 2018 at super centre sunshine coast for $799.00.

Dani

Dani

This machine is ruining and ripping our clothes and bedding!

Purchased in July 2017 for $1,388.00.

Ann

AnnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst machine I have ever purchased

Mark D

Mark DSydney, NSW

Absolutely pathetic

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,350.00.

Tom

TomGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

OVERALL AN EXCELLENT WASHING MACHINE 4 STAR RATING OUT OF 5 IF ONLY IT HAD A LINT FILTER

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys Online store for $1,299.00.

MicheleSydney, NSW

Will never buy another of their products

My parents bought a new washing machine less than 12 months ago. It broke down the rude technican came out and said cockroach caused the computer to fail. Never heard of such a poor excuse. I have complained to the company as they claim we need to pay for repairs
Stay away from them the service is bad

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Michele

Lodged a complaint with department of fair trading they are claiming that a cockroach caused a computer to be replaced

Michele

Interesting so many people have the same breakdown issue with same model!!!! Fisher and paykel please read these reviews.

Michele

Also where we bought the machine bing lee Hurstville were of no assistance
Lodged a complaint with department of fair trading

Ash

Ash

Huge and efficient

With 4 boys, I have constant washing, and with the size, I can get so much done in one load it is almost ridiculous, I can even fit 2 winter blankets in at one time! The controls are great, large to see, easy to understand, modes for everything you could think of from blanket washing to delicates and everything between, and easy to access places for each detergent, soak agent and fabric softener. Also has a digital timer to tell you exactly how long is left. Washes very well and haven't had a problem with it.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Bernard

BernardMossy Point

Quality Terrible

Broke down 18 months after purchase, but then started working again. Has just broken down again, 1 month out of 2 yr warrantee period. F&P have offered to replace the mother board free (this tells me that they known the machine was defective from factory) but I need to pay the call out fee for the guy fitting it. So, costing me another 10% of the purchase price 2 years after purchase. That's a joke. The machine replaced a Whirlpool one we had for 20+ years with no breakdowns and only replaced because we thought a new one would be "greener" .... but has turned out to be more of a "lemon" colour. I would really avoid Fisher & Paykel. Why reward Fisher & Paykel for not being a good corporate citizen, and selling junk?

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Kitty Kat

Kitty Kat

Worst Washing Machine I’ve ever owned

Purchased this washer for its size and energy rating. What a waste of time, the so called eco functions don’t wash your clothes at all. The clothes come out just as dirty as when they went in even with the smallest loads. The only way to get them partially clean is to use the sheet cycle, which defeats the purpose of the energy rating as it uses a heap more water and still doesn’t get the clothes completely clean. They company should be sued for false advertising. Never again will I purchase a Fisher & Payless washer or dryer. They should stick to fridges

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Big disappointment

Very disappointed in this machine.
Clothes come out with dry patches, I don’t overload the machine.
Biggest disappointment is the washing of dark clothes.....have tried turning things inside out....tried many different washing products, powder vs liquid, always a mess and need rewashing. Very frustrating.
I have looked through other reviews and notice no reply from the company to anyone’s issues.....I will never buy this brand again.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Carbarandmar

CarbarandmarNSW, 2560

Best on the market

This has to be the largest washing machine I have used. It doesn't have an agitator, meaning I can place more in the bowl for a better clean and less tangles. It's large enough to wash the biggest of doonas.. it's wells rating is one of the highest and uses less water than our 8kg washer that we had for 10 years. I recommended a friend to buy one and she's happy that she bought it.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Terrible. Rubbish. Don't waste your money.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Busy mum

Busy mumSouthwest, VIC

Not Good at all, half of my clothes don’t get cleaned

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Hate it

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Hannah

HannahSydney

Happy. Been using this washer for 3 months.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Scott D

Scott Dasked

CleanSmart WL1068P1 (10kg)

When my machine is off and not running it slowly leaks water into the bowl. I have found the leak. It is coming from near the spray water at the top of the bowl directly underneath the control panel. It is coming from a round rubber Gromit about the size of a 20 cent piece. The gromit looks as though it is designed to pass water build up. How do I fix this leak?

Ken M

Ken Masked

CleanSmart WL8060P1 (8kg)

does this machine have a large agitator? or a low profile one?

Unhappy
Unhappy

Low, it tangles and rips trouser legs, tea towels, sheets, bath towels

Lee35

You cannot see the agitator so it can hold a lot of clothes. I have had nothing rip at all. The only thing is that if you do not have a full load of sheets, they can get a little tangled due to all the space but that is not a drama. I have 3 tradie boys and so I wash all the time and everything comes out fabulous. I even find occasional screws and bolts in the bottom of the machine but it has no gaps so I do not have to worry.

David D.

David D.asked

CleanSmart WL8060P1 (8kg)

Bought an 8 kg washer one month out of warranty and touch screen has stopped working. If you unplug the machine for a minute then plug it back in you get one shot at turn on an select your wash then touch screen goes non responsive again

Lee35

Wow! I am so sorry to hear that. I have had my machine for nearly a year now and I have had NO problems, touch wood. I have 5 adults and three are tradies so I use my machine nearly everyday and everything comes out so clean. I love my machine because I can put two sheets of sheets in at a time. It is like buying a car. Sometimes you get a lemon!!!

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives

Fisher & Paykel CleanSmart WL1068P1 (10kg)

Fisher & Paykel CleanSmart WL1068P1 (10kg)

2.1
Fisher & Paykel CleanSmart WL8060P1 (8kg)

Fisher & Paykel CleanSmart WL8060P1 (8kg)

2.9
Fisher & Paykel CleanSmart WL1068PW1
  • Discontinued

Fisher & Paykel CleanSmart WL1068PW1

2.0
CategoryTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing Machines
Price (RRP) $1,549.00$1,299.00
Capacity10 kg8 kg
Household Size 5+ people3-4 people
FeaturesAuto Balancing, Auto Dispense and Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)Auto Balancing, Auto Dispense and Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)
Water Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)
Drum MaterialStainless SteelStainless Steel
Colour / Finish WhiteWhite
Dimensions 1090 x 685 x 700 mm1075 x 600 x 600 mm
Motor TypeSmartDriveSmartDrive
Max Spin Speed 1,100 rpm1,100 rpm
Number of Wash Cycles1212
MechanismAgitatorAgitator
Open Lid Height 1,460 mm1,380 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateOct 2012Oct 2012