Fisher-Price Rainforest Open Top Take-Along Swing

Fisher-Price Rainforest Open Top Take-Along Swing

See the Best Baby Bouncers / Rockers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Fisher-Price? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.1
    cdizio
    cdizioSydney, NSW

Great Swing, Save your Sanity

This is a great swing, it will save your sanity and worth every cent. There are lots of rockers on the market which can be very expensive but this rocket is everything you need at a very reasonable price. Can be used for newborns. Don't bother getting a bouncer this is all you need. You will probably only have use of it for 6 months up until baby gets too heavy for it (Max. 11.3kgs) or baby is able climb out of it but it's worth it.

Mommy
    MommyMelbourne

Fantastic little swing!

This battery powered little swing has a lot of power. The music is ordinary and the vibration is a bit strange.... But for a baby that loves to swing, this is excellent!
    The music turns itself off after a while, but it keeps swinging swinging swing!
    This swing apparently has one of the most comfortable seats because my baby prefers this to sit - over the larger swing, bouncer, bumbo, or high chair.

Ange BGold Coast

A must have item!

Ange B

I wrote this review for the Newborn to Toddler Rainforest Rocker not the above item. Not sure why this has changed?

sare100
    sare100Port Lincoln

Okay but there are better swings available

I used another swing set prior to this one and have to say that I was dissapointed with this swing. My son is 3 months and likes to be able to grab hold toys hanging from above. With this, the toys (which were really cute and colourful) were too high to be able to reach. I also did not like the angles of the seat. It seams that you can alter the heights but the more seated position did not lock in for me. Unfortunately my son's time was shortened greatly in this swing. He lasted 10mins max, while in the other swing he would last 20-30mins.
    colours and animals/print
    toys not reachable, seat on awkward angle.

Baby Bouncers / Rockers

Find out how Fisher-Price Rainforest Open Top Take-Along Swing compares to other Baby Bouncers / Rockers

shahna
    shahnacanberra

Put my boy to sleep!

Love this swing, easy to pack up, move around and is light weight. The swinging motion puts my boy to sleep with ease and also has great soft tunes to fall asleep to. My boy is big and heavy and we need to use the fastest speed for it to move him well so wont last him much longer unfortunately but great investment. The seat is a great size and a good shape to hold him in nice and snug (like he is being cuddled)
    The shape, colour, easy to pack up to take with you also for packing away, the music is good too
    The fastest speed is almost not strong enough to swing my boy

Shannon MathewsVictoria, 3350

Love it!! couldn't live without it

Loved it!!!!! My bought this for my newborn and put him in it from 8 weeks onwards. It was very handy for when i needed to cook tea or hang washing as he loved to be held and rocked. I think i nearly cried when he grew out of it. I will defently be using it for our next one.
    Inexpensive, Colourful, Lullaby music and 5 speeds

nataliepr
    natalieprNSW, 2111

Not as compact as the title would suggest

I thought this was OK but didn't use it a lot. My baby didn't like it much so it was only useful when she was sleepy but wouldn't go to sleep - it would lull her into what looked like a kind a of trance. Still, a lot of people swear by swings so I think my feelings about it have more to do with my baby than the product itself.
    Looks nice; the music isn't too loud; sometimes bubs would fall asleep in it if she had a dummy; deep seat so it didn't feel as though she was going to roll out when she got a bit older
    Expensive; the music gets annoying after a while; when folded it's still pretty chunky so I can't imagine actually "taking it along"; only has a three point harness

The baby product awards for 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019

hambag

sammyjane_21
    sammyjane_21South East Queensland, QLD

OK

This has been a very useful item to keep baby amused. She loves watching the toys as she swings and usually falls asleep after not too long. I have to keep it on low though as the seat is not particularly supportive for small babies and she tends to slide sideways and slump over. I have to keep an eye on her in case this happens. It is quite bulky although it does fold for storage and transportation.
    Keeps baby amused while mum gets on with other things
    Not great for new babies because they tend to slide sideways and slump over. Quite bulky but does fold a bit for storage or transportation although even folded its quite large. Music is very irritating after any length of time

dta_sfa
    dta_sfa

All I can say is OMG at this swing.
    From the moment I put my bub in this swing his eyes were closed within a minute!
    My bub is 6 weeks old and a average size and the seat seems to cradle him perfectly. I am sure to go through loads of batteries if he stays in it as much as he has these first few days!
    Highly recommend this swing!
    Open top is easy access to bub. Settles bub straight away. Quiet compared to other swings.

Hannahrose
    Hannahrose

i couldnt have survived the first months without it, the house would never have been clean. i would reccomend this to every new mum
    I looked at alot of swings but decided on this one. I only got to use it for about the first 3 months but i found it to be a lifesaver. I put my son in it from newborn and it put him to sleep every time. i like that it has different speeds and different songs. It takes 4 "D" batteries which i thought was alot but one lot lasted me the entire time, even accidently leavin g it on overnight a few times. so easy to set up and move around

Suellen
    Suellen

OK

I chose this swing because it doesn't take up as much room as some of the other swings fisher-price do. It was great for 0 to 3 months then the swing wasn't powerful enough to swing my baby.
    The swing worked wonders with settling my baby when he was a newborn. He absolutely loved it.
    It goes through batteries quite quickly (I used Duracell). My baby has always been under the average weight for his age but he was too heavy for the swing to swing (even on the fastest setting) by three months of age. It's meant to swing an 11kg baby.

young_bub
    young_bub

i would reccommend this swing to everyone, it is not too bulky so doesnt take up the whole lounge, kept my little one settled when nothin else would, nice and compact so its easy to take away with you, 3 point restraint to keep baby safe, and different modes which would suit different ages.
    this swing was god send, my baby was extremely unsettled however once he was placed in the swing on low rocking spped he would drift off to sleep, different speeds, easy to fold up and take away with you
    uses alot of battery (however we brought rechargeables so this wasnt too much of a problem)

connielaura
    connielaura

This swing is amazing, i had my son in it from the first week, it took about 5 minutes to get him to sleep, it was the only way i could get anything done.
    Can buy other products in the same room, to keep the same theme. very lightweight, volume controls and different songs. Cover is easily removed and is machine washable. My son loved the bright coloured toys that it comes with. Also has different speeds that can be changed as baby drifts to sleep
    I paid $170 which i thought was alot, not enough head support for newborn baby