Fit n Fast

Fit n Fast

See the Best Gyms in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Scammmm

They say "$13.99" a membership but i still pay $18 and arnt getting a refund of any sort. ??? False advertising, didn't offer me a refund and still have to pay $18 a week to use the gym.

Dishonest sales tactics

I was a long-time member of this gym last year and honestly, I had no issues with FNF in the past. I left for a smaller gym, with a closer-knit community vibe. My big issues with this gym came July this year when I decided to re-join on the ex-member deal and was promised a $2 upgrade email for the yoga bar by their staff. No email came and turns out that this was never a valid deal. FNF staff lied to get both myself and housemate to join. I only joined for the yoga. No other reason (which I stated on sign up and was promised yoga would be available for $2 more by FNF five dock many times!!). This gym uses dishonest tactics to coerce people into signing long contacts. To top it off, they also wouldn’t let me out of my membership without forking over another $99 on their “goodwill”, despite their mistakes and lies. I would have never signed up if I knew I wasn’t going to get the yoga at the price I was promised. I have now put through my case with ACCC and Fair trading. It’s a joke that this business is allowed to run like this. I WARN YOU: Be careful with this gym. Do not sign anything if promised something else. You won’t get what they promised and they will lie that they never promised it to you when their head office "investigates." That’s pretty poor business and sale tactics all round.. Would give 0 stars if I could.

Rates and Fees

same issue as everyone canceled,they still charge me !

It’s a very small guy and don’t have much class to choice.the PT ask me to pay $2000 for 20classes to his personal account and ask me to use 2-3calss a week cz I m a beginner.i joined online and canceled it in 7days cooling period.but they charged me 1 month later which I just found out. The unfriendly staff try to found some reason they can’t cancel my membership but they didn’t ,then the staff send me to head office. Watch out ur bank account!

Rates and Fees

Taking payments after five year

Not Happy, they have taken two payment from my bank July & August 2019. I have not been to this place or had payment out from August 2014 as I cancelled the membership. But the problem I was told a glitch in the system so now they have been chasing the payment. They said if I have proof that I closed the account with a email the would refund me the two payments. Now since 2014 I don't have the same email so I have no proof. But the proof must be that the payments stopped back in April 2014 and never been chased for payment as the same banking details. The staff at the centre were nice but could not help and would not put me to the manager ( good chance he was the manager) just that they have no proof of the cancelling the membership. Worse decision I ever made joining this place.

3 years after ceasing membership they start direct debits

I have not been a member of this gym for over 3 years and getting out of that was an ordeal at the time.
They make it hard to contact to them and then are less than friendly when you do.
So in July 2019 have noticed 2 random direct debits a fortnight apart, on my bank statement. I have not re- joined this gym. I have sent them an email to stop this and refund the relevant amount... they are yet to respond.
If this doesn't happen will be happy to take it further with relevant agencies that support the ripped off customer.

Dodgy scammers that keep your bank records and withdraw randomly at a later date.

8 months after I cancelled my membership they started taking money again from my account. The front desk referred it to a glitch in the system and referred me to the managers email. He replied saying I never handed in written cancellation. Fit n fast St. Peter’s are a fraud.

Absolute thieves.

I joined the Campbelltown outlet 5 years ago and after being stung with ‘upkeep’ fees at random times and a refusal to explain properly how this occurs or what upkeep I’m paying for, I had my bank block all their transactions and never went back.

Fast forward to today 16/7/19 and I’ve been charged for using a gym I haven’t set foot in in 5 years because they were stealing from me to begin with. Do not sign up with this fraudulent company.

The worst gym experience

Would warn against anyone joining one 0f these gyms. My bad experience was with the one at Burwood but it was concerning inflexible, unfair rip off policies which were blamed on uncontrollable company policy from above.....so, would warn against dealing with the chain at all, anywhere

same story everyone else has with this gym

12 month contract expired, they kept charging me.

Now they won't cancel my subscription and continue to charge me. I've contacted head office and the management team and still nothing. It's been 2 months since the subscription ended. The ACCC can take them to court now.

Average

Been going to burwood gym for over 7 years. Use to be good now they have changed it way to small and the equipment is old no new equipment. I also needed a new swope to get in and they charged me 20 dollars. The swipe card i had was over 4 years old and didnt work. Only need the card cause there is no staff there half of the time. There aircon keeps breaking down and the toilet stinks

Absolutely disgusting staff at head office

I have requested my fit n fast membership to be canceled and I have been declined the opportunity to speak to [name removed] on the phone as she advised she only speaks to people via email. Everytime I try to call head office I am told that she is not to speak with me on the phone as she is only able to talk on emails but I have not got a response about my membership being cancelled or any form of confirmation. It seems they will not speak to me as they know who I am and because I escalated an issue from my club to head office involving my account being put on hold due to multiple knee surgeries. More on this below. Basically, if you have an issue, they will kick you to the curb and you will not be able to contact them especially if it is regarding them giving you a refund for being away from the gym despite providing medical certificates. The reason I am trying to cancel is because of how disgustingly I was treated when trying to put my account on hold due to injury and then when I tried following it up, no one would speak with me to resolve the issue.

[name removed] is absolutely rude and disgusting when she speaks to you, if she ever does. She refuses to speak to people on the phone and when I was finally allowed to speak to her once, she hung up on me as she realised I was trying to cancel. She only operates via email, but does not respond to emails and now I have no idea when my account will ever be cancelled.

I tried to call the next day as i still hadn’t heard anything about my membership being cancelled and the lady asked ‘is this Christian?’ And hung up on me straight away. It sounds like as soon as you are trying to cancel they make things extremely difficult and stop answering phone calls and emails.

I had a knee operation and tried placing my membership on hold which took a long time for head office to finally approve, I then had to get another knee operation (both in the space of 4 months) as I had complications from the first one and had to fight to put my account back on hold and get a refund for monies debited when I could clearly not attend a gym when I haven’t been able to walk for 4 months despite providing valid medical certificates.

I have worked at fitness first and usually if someone wants to place their account on hold, it’s a simple process of showing some certificate and it gets placed on hold for as long as you like, this gym has so many hidden fees and rules you are not informed about when you sign up.

This gym is known to do things like this based on reviews and my advise would be to not deal with Head office or this gym in general. If you have problems, I suggest you make a complaint to fair trading as I have and leave it in their hands.

This review is so that others can understand what this gym is like and how head office will treat you if you try and cancel or place your account on hold with a valid certificate.

'Contracts-commitment'

Typical cautionary tale.

Signed up for a 12 month term, with the lady short signed me up saying that after that period the membership would cease.
Now I mainly went at night due to work hours, so after the set period expired I assumed as I was told the membership would expire and no longer pay (the whole reason I paid more for this set time period)

Fast forward to finding out that after the set contract expired the payments kept going as it just simply renewed to a fortnightly membership.

Typical, do not go to this gym or any that auto.atically withdraws funds from your accounts

Very disappointing...

signed up for a 6 month contract and used direct debit. they take out money from my bank account after my contract has ended. they also charge you and extra $1+ every time their not able to take money out of your bank account. i recommend not going to this gym at all. they charge you $149 if you cancel within 6 months which is absolutely insanely expensive. fit n fast wetherill park lack a lot of machines and equipment. everything is very unhygienic which is very misleading of this gym as they do not live by their so called "Hygienic policy". this gym is absurd, a rip off and a scam. i email them to ask if i'm still within my 6 month contract and i ask for the amount of months left until my contract ends and they will not tell me!!! worst gym i've ever been to with very poor customer service. do yourselves a favour and do not come to this gym.

This gym is awful

I use to like fit n fast when it first opened. But they have changed the equipments to an older machine & they took away most of their equipment so they can fit in a playground for fitness, which i see no point in having, hardly anyone uses it!!

The gym use to be spacious, it’s now so small and squishy!!

The most part that made me disappointed was, i paid for a joining free and a contract for 12 months. I then hurt myself after 2 weeks, I had a disc extrusion which cause me to stop walking altogether, i could not walk or stand and i was home in massive pain. The doctor advised me to not exercise again, and recommended me to have surgery.
I had a disc impingement, i had sciatica on both legs and i thought in one stage that i would end up in a wheel chair.
So i had to be off work for months and months.

The second week of my gym work out my dr wrote a letter to the gym stating about my serious injury, and to cancel my gym membership with no penalty fees or exit fees.

The gym declined and charged me a fee, even though they clearly understood the situation i was in!!! They knew i wasn’t able to work out again!!!!! But they had the audacity to charge a person with a disability.

So yes i use to be an ongoing client previously, i would cancel then go back and forth.. probably 2-3 times previously but after what had happened, they obviously didnt care about their clients in that regard. All they care about is overcharging their clients!!!!!!

I had trouble with cancellations before that period as well. Why do i keep going back!? Never again, i have learnt my lesson now.

Please do yourself a favour and don’t join this gym.

Average

Small boutique gym in South Yarra. It's ok but not many group classes until you want to pay more .

They won’t let me use my membership

I was not allowed to use my membership cause it under my mums name. I’m still paying for it I’m allowed in everytime.

Purchased a 3 week trial and they only honoured 2 and a half weeks Fit N Fast Liverpool St Sydney

I purchased a 3 week pass for Fit N Fast on Groupon. I attended the Liverpool street gym and after 2 and a half weeks I was told that I could not enter the gym with out signing up to a membership. I tried to explain that there was still a few days left before the 3 weeks and I had paid for a 3 week trial. The staff member refused to honour the final few days that I had paid for and insisted that I become a member.

I would not recommend this gym, because if they are difficult to deal with and lie so they can rip me off about a 3 week pass. What are they going to rip me off and lie about when it comes to memberships.

Gyms seem to have a bad wrap when it comes to memberships and getting as much money as they can. The equipment and programs are not good enough at Fit N Fast Liverpool st to put up with unscrupulous behaviour of the staff. There are plenty of gyms in Sydney don't go to this one.

Fit n Fast Cheltenham (VIC) Southland Westfield - Scammers!! Beware!

I have joined Fit n Fast (Cheltenham) on 30th July 2018. On 26th July, I went to the gym to inquire about the membership and the receptionist (a tall guy) said that that 2 weeks free offer going on for their basic membership plan, ie; the $9.95/PER week and this offer will be available only till the end of July. I said I will think about it and will let him know soon. On Friday, the 27th of July, I returned to the gym to sign up and to avail this discount. But then that person told me that he was wrong and the offer is only available for the higher packages and not the basic package. I felt there is something fishy about it so did not join the gym. Once reached home, I searched online and found that I can get 2 weeks free gym pass (fit n fast Cheltenham) for just $12 from Groupon. So I have purchased it. I had to activate this gym pass on or before 6 August 2018.

On Monday morning (30 July), I have got a call from the same person (the tall guy). Since I did not pick the call, he left me a voice message indicating that he spoke with his manager and his manager agreed that he can give me 2 weeks free if I join the BASIC membership on the same day (30 July). So I went to the gym and met him. I informed him that I have purchased 2 weeks gym pass from Groupon and if he is ready to give me 2 weeks additional (as indicated in the voicemail) I will sign-up right away. He went to consult with his manager. He told me that he can give me 4 weeks off (2 weeks as per his offer+2 weeks because I have purchased Groupon). I have agreed to that plan and signed up. I also asked him money per automatic debit and the date of first automatic debit and he said that it will be 19.95 for 2 weeks in advance and the first debit will be in the first week of September 2018 (because first 4 weeks are free). When I asked him to confirm me the accurate date, he said he is not sure but I will be getting an email before the due which will include the the date of upcoming debit date.

On the 3rd of August 2018, these people have taken money from my account! I was not even aware of it. During those days, I had a chance to read the reviews of this gym online and found that this gym is known for scamming. Having realized this, I have moved all the funds to another bank account so that they will not be able to take the money before September 2018. On the 17th of August, they have tried taking the money from my account again (using a third party named Eazypay) but the payment was dishonored because I have moved the funds to another account. As you all know, this might have affected my credit score. I have also got an email from Eazypay indicating that the payment was dishonored and they will try to debit the amount again on 20th August.

I call the gym to inform the misdeeds they have committed and to stop the automatic debit and to get the full refund including the joining fee ($85). They said it was a mistake by the guy who signed me up and I need to wait till the end of the day (20 Aug) to get more clarifications. I told them that in the meantime Eazypay will try to debit the money again and since I am not keeping funds in that account, it will be dishonoured and it will affect my credit score even more. They said they can't do anything about it!!! The person who picked the call kept on saying that she can't do anything then I I asked her to forward the call to someone who has the capacity to make decisions. She said that none is available at that moment and people will be available only by 1 PM. I said an automatic debit will be attempted again by that time and she was kept telling me that she can't do anything about it!!!

Then I called up the Sydney office. The person who picked the call took the details from me and asked me why I did not keep enough money in my account!!! seriously???!!! This means she wanted me to keep the money in my account so that they can take it whenever they want. I said the person who signed me up gave me the wrong info and he is responsible for all these. Also asked her why did they try to take money from my account in August? She was not answering that question and was keep telling me that she will get back to me by noon. Because I asked this question, again and again, she hung up the call.

Verdict...... Consider joining other gyms. Overall, the reviews show that Fit n Fast in general tricks people (you may read other reviews in product review). Particularly, if you are in Cheltenham, do not even think of joining this gym because they will trick you n make you sign up on the first day itself. They will tell you 2 or 4 weeks free but you will be in trouble later. Think about a situation that they are tricking 300 people a month - they easily get $25500 (85 per person membership). Do not join this gym, especially if you are living in the Cheltenham area. I am not sure whether I am going to get the full refund including the membership fee but let's see. To file a complaint with VCAT we have to pay then $60 so I am still thinking. If you are in the Cheltenham area, Anytime Fitness would be a good choice.

Amazing Customer Service

Fit n Fast Penrith are providing excellent Customer Service, constantly being polite and understanding.

They are also very willing and happy to help you in any circumstance.

Good gym, staff and great value

Wow. I was just browsing opening times and I spotted the very harsh rating of fit n fast. As a pretty happy customer I feel it’s only fair to leave a review. Unfortunately we generally don’t leave reviews until we’ve feel slighted.

Anyway. I’ve been with them for nearly two years and mostly frequent the Sydney and five dock venues. I’ve been pretty happy with the gyms, equipment is plentiful, seems uptodate and I rarely wait to use anything. Admittedly I try to avoid morning and lunch rush, preferring evenings. Westfield Sydney would be my favourite venue, I just prefer the boutique feel of it. I mostly use free weights, as should anyone anyway.

The staff I’ve always found receptive and friendly in the venue and online. I’ve challenged them on a few things in the past and felt satisfied with the outcomes. Finally I think the pricing is pretty reasonable and was pretty transparent I think if you read the terms etc.

Of course I haven’t included the QMax nor Yogabar in this review since I’m not sure if they should be reviewed independently on the site? Otherwise, I’d simply say the offers to combine all three are simply incredible value! There’s is simply nothing else on the market that compares to yogabar so when you mix all three it’s just a mind boggling deal.

The main improvements I’d really, really like to see are 1. More venues, especially one in Balmain NSW! 2. More 24h gyms or at least longer hours.

Anyway, I hope other happy members remember to leave a review sometime. I know they exist cause I see them every week!