Fitbit Alta / Alta HR

Fitbit Alta / Alta HR

Alta and Alta HR

See the Best Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Susan

Susan

Reliable compact sports watch

I have had several different "smart" watches, including other types of Fitbits and an Apple watch and my the skin on my wrist has reacted to all of the others. This is the first one that I have been able to wear without issue. I had a battery issue with the first one however Fitbit replaced it immediately and I have had no further problems. Works well and does what I need it do love.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys Online store for $99.00.

Ken

Ken

Great birthday present

It’s really good!, got it for my birthday/ Perfect for what I need. Didn’t realize it also alerted you to incoming calls. The only problem I have is that sometimes the touch screen won’t recognise me tapping it and I stand there tapping the screen like a crazed lunatic just to read the time.

Purchased in August 2018 at Officeworks.

Rebecca Paterson

Rebecca PatersonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing device

I've had my FitBit Alta HR for quite a while now, and I love it. It is lightweight, water resistant and comfortable to wear, and tracks everything from sleep to steps to food and water intake. I really like that I can change the band over easily to dress my FitBit up or down, for work I wear it with a silver metal watch style band and for exercise I can change it to a silicone band for comfort. It hasn't missed a beat while I've owned it, and I wear it every day. It combines the features of a watch (date and time) with heart rate and step tracking.

Purchased in October 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $199.00.

RobbyPerth, WA

Can't go without my Fitbit Alta HR!!

This is an upgrade from my Fitbit Charge 2 and I just love it. This one tells me the time, day and date; steps; heart rate; exercise and when I get messages on my phone . Gets me moving with reminders to get up and go too! I have also bought pack of coloured bands to match so always colour coordinated.

Purchased in July 2019 at Amazon for $80.00.

PiajessMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great for tracking your fitness

Purchased in July 2019 at Officeworks Physical store for $30.00.

Fish

FishSydney, NSW

Great little tracker

I wanted a tracker that wasn't large as I have a small wrist. But I wanted to track my walking, sleep, heartrate, etc. and this neat device syncs to the app on my smartphone, and does everything I wanted and I highly recommend it.

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $80.00.

Mar

MarSydney Surrounds, NSW

Would have bought something else

Is comfortable enough and lightweight to wear. I find the screen hard to read particularly when outside in the light where I read it the most and it only stays on the screen for a few seconds, I would like a few more. Is hard to tap, I need to tap it many times sometimes. If I had reviewed it beforehand I would have purchased another model as I just presumed all these devices have a start, stop function. You cant start different exercises, instead, have to manually add the time in through the app. and I have found that it has incorrectly added the wrong kilometres or steps to this sometimes.

Purchased in July 2019 at Big W Online Store for $95.00.

Louise

LouiseNew South Wales

Disappointing Service

Loved my Fitbit Alta HR until over a month ago it lost its ability to receive messages. This appears to be a widely spread issue and with little response from Fitbit regarding a timely fix. So if you are wanting a tracker with this function I would look elsewhere. I really loved this feature and have been disappointed with the lack of support from Fitbit.

Purchased in January 2018 at JBHi.

Fred Kroft

Fred KroftMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Alta HR "out of network" limitations

Purchased in July 2019 at Officeworks Physical store for $99.00.

DaveB

DaveBGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Nice concept, shame about the battery life

My Fitbit Alta is only 20 months old but the battery has now completely died.
I liked the concept and found the step tracker to be fairly accurate. The sleep tracker was OK for normal nights but could be fooled when I just spent time sitting at my desk.
However, about 4 months ago, it started shutting down when I took it off my wrist. It had to be put back on the charger and rebooted. Gradually this became more frequent.
Finally this morning the battery gave up its ghost and it will only work when attached to a charger. For a device that cost me nearly $200, I find that to be most disappointing and until Fitbit find a way to address this issue, the device will only ever be an expensive novelty.

Purchased in December 2017 for $199.00.

pandatas

pandatas

Great Little Tracker!

Having had a Charge HR worn to the point of falling apart 3 times I decided to try an alternate version froFit Bit. Their app is great, I love that you can add friends and compete so wanted to stay with the brand.
I personally find it a bit chunky, but remedy this my putting the tracker on the inside of my wrist which hasn't affected my heartrate results etc.
I'd recommend this tracker, it's accurate, easy to use and heaps of band options to switch things up!

Purchased in October 2018 at officeworks for $135.00.

Shopaholic123

Shopaholic123Perth

Sleep tracker is amazing

Previously had just the normal Fitbit Alta (without the heart rate function) and the sleep tracker was accurate on some days and not on others. With this Fitbit Alta HR, the sleep tracker not only tracks the times I go to bed and wake up correctly but the amount of R.E.M. sleep I get each night. It's amazing how with just this added function of HR I can see my sleep cycles.

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi.

Romar Paz

Romar PazGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

• Alta

Nice FitBit but sometimes inaccurate

I've been using it for a while now.
I like that the silent vibration notification is more motivating than turning off an alarm on a phone. But sometimes it is really inaccurate.
The battery needs to be charged every 2-3 days and if you're lazy you can get tired of doing this very quick.
I would recommend it only if you're new to the fitness tracker world. Otherwise, look for different models!

Purchased in February 2018 at Big W for $120.00.

Looster

LoosterGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect Exercise Companion

Buying myself a Fitbit Alta HR was the best gift I could give myself, health-wise.
It has motivated me to get moving everyday and it has helped me lose a few lbs and improve cardiovascular health. An added bonus is that the device tracks sleep activity, and it has motivated me to get a minimum of 7 hours every night

Purchased in November 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $99.00.

Bzz2

Bzz2Perth, WA

Great

Purchased as a gift for my mother. She loves it and has lost a lot of weight since wearing the device - it has encouraged her to move more and has lasted the test of time.

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $99.00.

Susan N.

Susan N.Sydney, NSW

Good size, limited functionality

Fitbit alta HR is slim compared to the other Fitbits on the market with added feature of the heart rate monitor. Charges quite quickly and lasts about a week. Downsides are the limited functionalities, isn't waterproof, doesn't have gps or functionality to make payments like its counterparts

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $129.00.

KATHY

KATHY

Good healthiness monitor, ordinary smartwatch.

Good healthiness monitor to monitor your heart rate, how many steps you walk, exercise hour, sleep tracking. However, the battery life does not hold as long as it describes. also, double tap screen to stop the alarm is too hard to do it. Sometimes, sleep monitor is not tracking correctly. if it is on special is worth to buy it. if not I more prefer using the traditional watch.

Purchased in November 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $99.00.

Dee El-mobeid

Dee El-mobeidPerth, WA

Awesome little smart watch!

This fitbit alta HR is SO convenient and easy to use! Cant live without it and LOVE how it syncs to your smart phone! Very sleek and comfortable to wear on your wrist also. Great buy!

Purchased in April 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $149.00.

Sharon B.

Sharon B.Hunter Region, NSW

Great fit bit for first time user

This is a great first time fit bit. I purchased for my 10 year old son and he is really loving it. Slim line and small enough for a child.

Purchased in April 2019 at Officeworks Physical store for $63.00.

ksta

ksta

Very good

Bought this in the pink version and it has a thin and sleek design. I use this to monitor my heart rate and my sleeping patterns and usually, it will do the job but sometimes when I am sitting or don't move for a while, it will register as sleeping/taking a nap. I also use it to monitor my daily activities, including my step count as well as when I go to the gym. It is very comfortable to wear, not bulky at all and I usually only need to charge it once a week. It also reminds you to move as to reach a certain step goal every hour.

Purchased in October 2018.