Fitbit Alta / Alta HR

Fitbit Alta / Alta HR

Alta and Alta HR

Nice FitBit but sometimes inaccurate

I've been using it for a while now.
I like that the silent vibration notification is more motivating than turning off an alarm on a phone. But sometimes it is really inaccurate.
The battery needs to be charged every 2-3 days and if you're lazy you can get tired of doing this very quick.
I would recommend it only if you're new to the fitness tracker world. Otherwise, look for different models!

Purchased in February 2018 at Big W for $120.00.

Perfect Exercise Companion

Buying myself a Fitbit Alta HR was the best gift I could give myself, health-wise.
It has motivated me to get moving everyday and it has helped me lose a few lbs and improve cardiovascular health. An added bonus is that the device tracks sleep activity, and it has motivated me to get a minimum of 7 hours every night

Purchased in November 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $99.00.

Great

Purchased as a gift for my mother. She loves it and has lost a lot of weight since wearing the device - it has encouraged her to move more and has lasted the test of time.

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $99.00.

Good size, limited functionality

Fitbit alta HR is slim compared to the other Fitbits on the market with added feature of the heart rate monitor. Charges quite quickly and lasts about a week. Downsides are the limited functionalities, isn't waterproof, doesn't have gps or functionality to make payments like its counterparts

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $129.00.

Good healthiness monitor, ordinary smartwatch.

Good healthiness monitor to monitor your heart rate, how many steps you walk, exercise hour, sleep tracking. However, the battery life does not hold as long as it describes. also, double tap screen to stop the alarm is too hard to do it. Sometimes, sleep monitor is not tracking correctly. if it is on special is worth to buy it. if not I more prefer using the traditional watch.

Purchased in November 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $99.00.

Awesome little smart watch!

This fitbit alta HR is SO convenient and easy to use! Cant live without it and LOVE how it syncs to your smart phone! Very sleek and comfortable to wear on your wrist also. Great buy!

Purchased in April 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $149.00.

Great fit bit for first time user

This is a great first time fit bit. I purchased for my 10 year old son and he is really loving it. Slim line and small enough for a child.

Purchased in April 2019 at Officeworks Physical store for $63.00.

Very good

Bought this in the pink version and it has a thin and sleek design. I use this to monitor my heart rate and my sleeping patterns and usually, it will do the job but sometimes when I am sitting or don't move for a while, it will register as sleeping/taking a nap. I also use it to monitor my daily activities, including my step count as well as when I go to the gym. It is very comfortable to wear, not bulky at all and I usually only need to charge it once a week. It also reminds you to move as to reach a certain step goal every hour.

Purchased in October 2018.

I am not using my watch any more

I owned Fitbit charge until my band snapped after research purchased this Alta and could not be happier, it comes with interchangeable bracelets and so many different looks, I also bought one for my son and he uses it instead of a watch, very smart!

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman Online for $160.00.

pretty good!

it has helped me monitor my sleep and my pulse rate while running, and knowing my pulse has lowered my pulse rate which is good as it has allowed me to run further and faster, wish the large band was slightly larger.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman Online for $98.00.

Won't wake up

I never found this fitbit reliable. From the very start it was reluctant to show the display without having to tap the screen several times. I found it useless as a watch if I needed a quick check on time. The screen was never bright enough to see outside. It now won't wake up at all unless you plug it in. All new firmware is updated but it has not made a difference. I note that several other people have the same issue. I will never use this brand again.

Purchased in October 2016.

Great entry level fitness tracker

This fitness tracker is great for anyone who is looking to kick-start their health and fitness. It is comfortable to wear and isn't as obtrusive as some of the bigger trackers/watches on the market. The FitBit app is also great for reviewing your stats.

Purchased in February 2019 at Office Works for $128.00.

Great to start but unreliable and just turns off

This is my second Alta. The first one stopped working literally 2 weeks after the end of the warranty period. Fitbit were good about it and agreed to a one time replacement or gave me the option of 50% off a new purchase if I wanted a different model. I likes the look and feel of the alta - not to big for my small wrists and hands so went with the replacement. They just replace the pebble bit, not a box like when new with the charger etc. So it is now a year since that was done, and what do you know, this one is now not working. It is so unreliable and will just switch off. It is at least 1/2 charged so it is not the battery. I have been on all the community sites and it seems to be a somewhat common problem. It suggests resetting it....that works for about 2 hours when it then happens again. I do like being able to get my texts and calendar reminders on it, as well as my steps, but can't trust it to work for a whole day at a time so will be looking for an alternative to Fitbit when I go to replace it.

Purchased in February 2018.

Works but Bad Quality

The device works great.

Tracks steps, sleep, HR and activities as advertised.

Only problem is that it is made of poor quality.

I have a puppy and she likes to nibble on my hands when we play. Unfortunately the fitbit is now all scratched up. I've only had it for two months but it looks like I've had it for years.

Doesn't stand up to daily use and abuse. Sad cause I expected more from a watch that's designed for active lifestyle. My Casio G-shock is a lot hardier in comparison.

Purchased in December 2018.

Unfortunately only last for 3 years

Bought this 3 years ago, works perfectly until one day my Fitbit Alta only seems to work while it is charging. I have tried to reset it several times using the button on the charger. It syncs with my phone while it charges and shows full charge. Once I remove it from the charger, it does not work at all. It won't light up when not charging and my phone can't find it at all.

Unfortunately, it seems the battery is no longer working. Although when on a charger it shows that the battery is charging and works. It was told to me yesterday by the customer care rep that my ONLY resolution was to purchase a new FitBit, which I certainly will NOT be doing if the life expectancy is less than 3 years.

Good luck to whoever just purchased this product.

Purchased in March 2016 at Officeworks for $179.00.

Fitbit

Purchased two Fitbit Alta’s and they’re outstanding. Delivers the goods and has motivated the two of us.so glad I chose a good product as there are so many to choose from.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $99.00.

Bands keep breaking.

My band for my Fitbit keeps breaking. This is the second time it broke. They need to make sturdier bands. Don’t waste your money on this unless you plan on spending $30.00 biannually to buy new bands. There is a manufacturing defect on it. Instead, buy a watch from another place like apple.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Extremely Disappointed - SCREEN is UNREADABLE OUTDOORS DURING THE DAY

The functionality of the software is great, but this product has one MAJOR and basic flaw. If you are someone who plans to track your exercise outdoors, this product WILL NOT WORK for you. You cannot see the screen when outdoors during the day. When I contacted the company, they wanted me to leave feedback on their own board. I was a little irritated with this since I already had to take time from my schedule to contact them. Their representative should be responsible for passing along the feedback, not the customer. And let's not forget, if the product had been tested properly, to begin with, they would already know you cannot see the screen outdoors during the day. How can they get away with advertising this product for outdoors use during daylight hours? This is NOT okay.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Great

I have only used for about a month so far but it has been amazing I use it for everything I do really the only thing I would change is having a longer battery life otherwise it is great is amazing how tracts all of your steps your sleep the calories you burn it also decides if you’re running walking jogging this device has changed my life .

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Fantastic and comfortable Fitbit

Bought this Fitbit a few years ago and it was easy to set up. The Fitbit itself is comfortable to wear and it is practical for exercise and daily use (such as checking the time). You are also able to sync this onto your phone via the Fitbit app to track your daily use.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

How can I delete old measurements on my phone. Don't need to look back more than a week?

I can't get any info on my Alta while I am wearing it no clock nothing it only works for 30 seconds after charging any help please I really need to get this woking?

Does the device operate without installing software from a phone/computer. I understand that external apps are required for extra features/data. But can it operate with inbuilt systems?
Not sure if I can make it clear, but no - in order to set it up at all you must download an app - to phone, tablet or PC. You input your personal data onto the app and change the settings, including things like if you want to see the display vertically or horizontally. Then the device connects to the app, updated, then operates without those things, for instance going for a walk or exercising you do not need a phone or tablet with you, it has sensors that 'read' your movements and in the case of the HR, your heart rate, and display them. Anytime the fitbit is close to the phone/tablet or Bluetooth PC on which the app is installed, it will automatically connect or you can go into the app and update the data it has recorded and stored. Or you can open the app if you want to update it yourself and it will do it. Your data such as steps and heart rate and sleeping patterns are then uploaded to the app, where you can view the data. Hope this helps - it sounds more complicated than it is, but if you are familiar with using apps is not hard.I used the internet to set up my Fitbit. If you decide to take part in the challenges with your friends you will need to use the internet. Your progress is easier to see on a device but not strictly necessary for everyday use.No....... It works well with phone App and register , I use Iphone for mine and it does connect via bluetooth and give me the results etc on the phone. Mcalary has given a full explanation. Thanks

AltaAlta HR