Fitbit Charge 2

Fitbit Charge 2

MPNs: 36468978, 36468979, 36511965 and 5 more

Good for what it is. Battery lasts a long time between charges

I like this Fitbit, I wouldn't rush out to buy the next model but for me this is good enough. I don't care if I reach 10,000 steps in a day or if I stick to any calorie regime or fitness plan but if I have a big day or night I do tend to check the stats the next day.

It is comfortable to wear, I like it for the sleep monitoring as I often have late nights and wake up during odd hours like if the F1 Grand Prix is on etc and I can then see how much sleep I missed out on or actually got during the night.

I have had ZERO problems with the band it hasn't broken and I haven't needed any Bluetooth app to find it if misplaced as I wear it all the time and store it in the same regular place when not wearing it.

I sync it via Bluetooth to my iPhone and have no problems with it synchronizing using the app from Apple App store https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fitbit-activity-calorie-tracker/id462638897

I like it as a watch too how it shows the time only if I raise my hand to view it.

Sorry for not adding store info, my review is about the product not the retailer.

Purchased in September 2018.

No bluetooth connection - think I've done my money

So I got a new Fitbit Charge 3.  I'm trying to sync with Bluetooth on my Iphone 8 IOS V12.2.  Watch just sits there with a www.fitbit.com/setup.  So I go there and follow the steps.  I know bluetooth is working with my phone as I sync with other devices.  Both the phone and fitbit are charged. Multiple resets of both phone and fitbit show nothing.  I also tried a friend's [hone with bluetooth.  I think I've done my money.

Purchased in April 2019.

Excellent starter watch

Have had excellent use of this device. Occasionally won't pick up heart rate if it sits too high up on my wrist, and have had to replace the band due to my over tightening while exercising to try and stop it from moving up my wrist.

I'm clumsy and the fitbit works great even with a few scratches and knocks, good battery life.

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $99.00.

Great incentive to stay in shape

Worked brilliantly but died during a charge was covered under warranty and was replaced without question, excellent service. New one works well , it does keep you motivated , connects with phone reads text messages , tells you who is calling, good level of information, steps, heart rate, sleep, stairs, and more

Purchased in January 2016 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $195.00.

good for motivation

I puchased my fitbit in December 2018 so I could keep an eye on my pulse rate and sleep cycles, I find it does both of these things well enough to help me monitor and adjust my daily activities as needed.
The pedometer lets you know how many steps you have done each day so you know if you hit your 10.000 step mark or not ( this may or may not be important to many people ) If find it useful it helps to keep me moving and active. I have had no issues with charging as other reviews have stated , mind you I have only had mine for 6 months so hoping it gives me no problems. Know I must add many people have asked the question is the fitbit charge 2 waterproof?. The official answer if you ask fitbit is NO it is not water proof only water resist meaning it will handle splashes from washing dishes or sweat from workouts. Know for an item such as a watch or fitness tracker such as the fitbit to be deemed water resistance it must of had water proof seals used in the manufacturing process of the item. This being the case and the fitbit being a sealed unit that should not be opened under normal circumstances unless it is sent for repairs. Would mean that despite what the official answer from fitbit is I would say that the unit is in fact waterproof. I have showered with it many times, I have not used it for swimming but I have read many reviews from other users who have used it while swimming all have stated that it has not damaged fitbit in any way. Again Fitbit will tell you it should not be used while showering or swimming, I suppose it is their way of avoiding warranty claims if it stops working while showering or swimming . So use at your own risk in these conditions.
*Note the following* If you do decide to wear it while showering or swimming there are two things you should never do.
1/ Do not press in the button while fitbit is wet under any condition, as water will most likely enter through the small gap caused when button is depressed.
2/While swimming do not go swimming to great depths, the deeper the water the greater the pressure will be . Since Fitbit is not classed as water proof any seals used in the manufacture will most likely not withstand deep water pressure and will fail.
*Again please remember fitbit will NOT cover any damage caused while showering or swimming*

Purchased in December 2018.

Cheap crap

After a whopping 5 months, the fitbit stopped charging and then died completely. I noticed the cheap clip on charger was ill fitting from the get go and often needed quite a bit of jiggling to get it to activate the charge. I won't be buying fitbit again; they just still aren't up to the task of giving the value for the money they cost. They're not cheap but the parts and technology in them are.

Purchased in November 2018.

Stopped charging

I have had my fitbit Charge 2 for 2 1/2 yrs, by no means am I actually that active. I have it because I have the guilts from not being active enough, so not like I have banged it or been to physical... It's stiopped charging though now and it just landfill :/

Purchased in April 2017 at JB Hi-Fi for $199.00.

LOVE IT, helps to keep me motivated

Recently purchased this item and I'm really happy with it. It helps to keep me motivated and has me setting goals to keep me on the move. The app works fine between my mobile and Fitbit so I can keep track of everything. Glad I purchased it, have definitely made more progress with my weight loss since I've had it so can't complain. Love the fact you can get different bands so you can change the colour to suit your mood or clothing - it's a win/win for me!

Purchased in February 2019.

It's ok, but...

I really love the functionality of my fitbit. However, the band breaking is a serious drawback. Even if it weren't a sport type product, a watch coming off unexpectedly is a problem. However, while jogging or exercising, it's easy to miss that it falls off. And really, in this day and age, faulty bands shouldn't exist.

Purchased in June 2017 for $300.00.

Tracks stats fine, but somewhat uncomfortable.

I've had absolutely no issues with the technical, tracking side of this Fitbit. It tracks my activity well, has an accurate heartrate reading, has a good battery life, and it looks pretty good too.

Unfortunately, I also find it somewhat uncomfortable to wear. It digs into my wrist a little, making sleeping with it bothersome. I also find the plastic wrist band gets VERY sweaty underneath.

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $120.00.

Design is not comfortable. Would not recommend.

I have had bad luck with the Fitbit Charge 2. The first I ordered, the head unit turned on, vibrated 4 times and then switched off, and never turned back on again. I have to admit the Fitbit support team are very efficient, and it was promptly returned (reply paid) and a brand new head unit (pebble) sent back out to me.

However, there is a lot to be desired in the design of the Charge 2. The back part of the head unit where really imbeds into your skin leaving a big indent, this is even when the wrist band is relatively loose on your wrist because the sensor projects out so much from watch. Its not a comfortable design.

Purchased in January 2019 at Big W Online Store for $159.00.

Perfect

Honestly love my fit bit so much. Looks amazing, works well and has lasted well over a year now. I’m impressed. I will definitely be buying another again. Very impressed

Purchased in June 2017 at Amart Furniture for $204.00.

Love It

This Fitbit is simple, easy to use and looks very 'unassuming', meaning that it goes with whatever you are wearing.I lparticularly like the way it prompts me to move. It is easy to recharge and holds a charge for days. Just a simple and good product.

Purchased in June 2018 at JB HiFi Preston.

Don't Leave Home Without It...

I upgraded from the Fitbit Flex and love all the features especially the HR monitor and the fact it has a clock. The sleep tracker provides a detailed personal sleep pattern. I also use it to track steps and calories and the ability to sync it to my smartphone is very convenient. Really good battery life, I was actually quite surprised.

Purchased in October 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $99.00.

Very inaccurate step tracker

Hate to say it but my fitbit charge 2 is junk. I had cheap activity tracker, which was junk also, which is the reason I spent money on expensive fitbit, thinking it would be great, but very unhappy with it. Very inaccurate with steps, which is main reason I bought it.. I usually awaken to 75 - 100 steps, and I don't sleep walk, get 15 - 20 steps when done urinating, I am a male, so yes, shaking movement gives me steps. And when I actually walk with it, and take exactly 100 steps, it gives me a bit over 80. It says I get over 12,000 steps in a day, and I certainly am not walking 5 miles a day while at work. And seems no sensitivity adjustment, like a phone ap I had been using, and will probably go back to. So, maybe mine is a lemon, but I would not recommend if you want to track steps.

Purchased in January 2019.

Not good

I have had to take my Fitbit charge 2 back multiple times because the band keeps on breaking. The band keeps on coming off on the side and I’m not sure if it’s just me having this problem but it’s frustrating!

Purchased in June 2018 at Officeworks Online store for $150.00.

Not as good as I was hoping

Step counter way out. Driving a car for 2 hours produced 3800 steps. Very miss leading. Not reliable for fittness purposes. I could not recommend anyone buying a Fitbit device. I had a Garman before this and it was ok but failed after 2 years. Can anyone recommend a fitness tracker that is accurate.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Good

It is good on tracking ever day activity however I found with bouncing it tracked it as a step. Great sleep tracker as shows different level of sleep through a night. Battery charge seems to last for two days which is handy and you are able to change straps which is a good feature

Date PurchasedOct 2018

surprisingly good

Wow what a concept. I did not realise that such a watch can record so much information. I am a mental health practitioner and one of the most important things to record, as accurately as possible is sleep and exercise which this fitbit charge 2 can do. What you can record manually, which is just as important, is your water and food intake. For those who are overweight, there is a monitoring and weight-loss component that can be utilised. I really love my watch and it motivates me to keep track of my health. This one is not perfect but for those who become obsessed and have money to spend on something of a higher model that suit your nerds. But for those who don't have the money this model and lesser is a great start. Make sure you download the app and use it to it's full benefits.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

motivation, why not

fitbit charge 2 has given me motivation to walk (count steps): using it for gauging levels of activity, sleep, heart rate, calorie intake v output, and bp. it does even more - set it up to notify that movement is due, and even calls and texts are coming thru. the thing is tho, you are doing all the work, not the fitbit - it will read input, breakdown into results for incentive to go further. i just wish i could wear it in the water - it's not waterproof.

Date PurchasedJan 2019