Fitbit Charge 3

Fitbit Charge 3 (page 3 of 6)

MPNs: 4288355, 4288356, 4288357 and 2 more
See the Best Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Fitbit? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Battery Life

EHA1
EHA1Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great watch!

I love my Fitbit, it is easy to set up and use. Although I occasionally forget to charge it which has left me without my watch for the day. Overall really great watch!

pip972
pip972Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

24/7 HRM and screen turns off when you need it most

Just bought this device for its hard rate functionality and found out (the hard way) that the screen turns off after a few seconds. (even so it states 24/7 and displays a screen) There is no setting that can be changed to increase the screen 'on time' either, so the bicycle exercise mode is pretty much useless for me, as I can't monitor my heart rate when the screen is off. The hand wrist 'wiggle mode' is useless when you need your hands on the handlebar.
Went back to Good Guys Noarlunga, willing to upgrade to a model that does keep the screen on, but no help or assistance at all, very disappointing!

PC
PCSydney

Do not buy a Fitbit Charge 3!!

N Nguyen
N NguyenSydney

Easy to use but not sure about accuracy

I bought it as a gift for my dad. It has cool design and was easy to set up and use. However it did not seem to detect when my dad walk up or down the stairs.

Also, it has many languages but not Vietnamese which make it hard for my dad to use. Of course this is not everyone’s problem but please check what languages are available if you wish to use it in other language than English.

@SHiK
@SHiKGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent product

Great to use, batter life is good, easy to wear, its a handy little device does lot for fitness purposes, bought from Good guys, overall really happy, will recommend others

Top 5 Smart Watch Brands for Women

Smart Watches are a convenient and stylish way for women to keep track of their health, socialise with friends and family, and stay organised amid the business of life. Now there are more smart watches designed for women than ever before.

Isabella G.
Isabella G.30 Nov 2020
top-5-smart-watch-brands-for-women
Robbie
RobbieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Screen frozen after tracking

Each time i track & refresh on my iPhone apart from update of steps everything else freezes on the screen. Rebooting iPhone makes no difference. Fitbit rejects my feedback comments.
I also question accuracy with heaps too many steps which can be seen getting out of bed.

Gra
GraM

Finally Got it Right

Bill G
Bill GSydney, NSW

Avoid at all costs

Wouldn't touch this product AT ALL. Bought one and it lasted just over a year and refused to charge. Bought another and within a year lines of pixels on the display died BUT because I didn't keep the receipt I couldn't return it. Thought I couldn't be unlucky so purchased another in November, by the end of January lines of pixels had again died and the display was turning grey so returned it. I like the fitness side but the extremely poor quality of the hardware is to be avoided at all costs. None of the trackers were used when swimming or even in the shower. Would give this ZERO stars if I could!

will
willGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good watch, bad tracking

I've had my fitbit charge 3 for a couple of months and have found it disappointing. While the heart rate monitor, phone connection, smart pay and sleep tracker features are quite impressive, the GPS tracker is a disgrace.
After getting some disappointing times on my runs, I tested it with my Tomtom cardio runner watch which is a purpose built GPS tracking watch and found that the charge 3 GPS is out by around 300 metres per kilometre.
Fitbit need to fix this fault as it seems many people have the same issue but they don't seem to care.
If I had my time over I would have got the Garmin.

Demi
DemiSouth West, WA

Great

Really happy with my Fitbit, I use it everyday whether it’s for timing treatments at work to tracking my heart rate and steps. Awesome that you can use it in water as well.

BipolarBear
BipolarBearSydney, NSW

Pretty useless toy

It's super inaccurate in most key measurements. I take a lift, and it tells me how many stairs I've taken. I stay still and swing my arm. It counts two steps. sometimes it shows 30-40 steps before I get out of bed! :o A friend of mine has told me he had to get rid of his Fitbit because the heart rate was inaccurate as well. His doctor told him that measuring the pulse on the wrist is not reliable and proved it on the spot. The Fitbit was missing some beats. Although the friend has heart issues so this is not just misleading but is somewhat dangerous. Moving on. The sleep chart looks interesting but who knows if it's true after all. So I don't know if I should trust the device at all. The only good thing about it is it's waterproof.

Kylie
KylieDarwin

Started OK then went downhill within 3 months

Bought the Charge 3 in October. Seemed to go OK until the new year then everything went out of whack. On average my floor count per day was around 20. This trebled. Support had the hide to tell me this could change due to water or wind! It started to count exercise minutes that I wasn't doing but then wouldn't add it to my days of exercise each week anyway. Contacted support only to be given the run around. Feels like I've spent more time on forums trying to get on advice on how to fix the rotten thing than I have used it. Steer well clear.

Kelli
KelliGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Slowly getting used to it

I upgraded to this. It's harder for me to see the writing even though I've changed the clock faces. You can't custom set any of the tiles on the app. So on the app on your phone it shows the amount of stairs taken, as the main icon. I have to tap or swipe 6 times just to see the steps. That naturally means you'll need to charge it a lot sooner. Mine has the tap and go feature. It's good but not so good if you're in a drive thru as it's on my left wrist. I like the 2 minute meditation. The band is very stiff so it takes a bit of effort to get it buckled up. I like it but i wouldn't buy it again.

David.p
David.pMurray Mallee, SA

Fit bit is okay

Bought this for my child for Christmas. He loves it and uses it all the time to track his fitness. Has some cool apps that go with it, but they could be better. The display is quite good and easy to use for a child. The setup is a bit annoying because I had To link it to my email account. Overall i would recommend this product

Disappointed, Frustration, Random performance

Stopped tracking exercise. Customer service suggested fixes worked for a few days than stopped. Have tried resetting many times with no luck. Love the battery life, sleep analysis, reasonable accuracy on steps, but activity/ heart rate function is not responsive.

Nathan V.Sydney, NSW

Simple but yet stylish...

I bought the Fitbit Charge 3 approx 12 months ago. Never used one before but was able to work all the functionality within mins.

The Fitbit Charger 3 records steps, sleep patterns which helps out alot if you're on the baby brain.

I would say that if you're looking at a simple device this is the one to start you off :)

Laura D.
Laura D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I'm loving it.

I wish I invested in one earlier, it was uncomfortable at first because I wasnt use to it, but it's been a week now and I'm use to wearing it, plus it's not that large in size either. Checks your resting heart rate, how many km you've walked and steps. My favourite thing about it, is that it tracks your sleep if you wear it to bed and then check the app in the morning to review it, plus it let's you know how long you slept for. It's perfect if you dont have a watch either

Grace C.
Grace C.Perth, WA

Lasted for 3 months

247DAN
247DANSydney, NSW

Ok, swimming leaves much to be desired.

Does an ok job of most tracking, however the swimming tracking is woeful. Has never gotten it right, and is constantly off by 50-200m. Build quality seems better than previous models, but will have to wait and see how long it lasts.

Revhead
RevheadSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unreliable

I was given this Fitbit as a gift, but often it doesn't do the basic functions of shifting through screens. Have phoned several times for them to tweak it. I'm giving up. Not swapping screens again today, can't see how many steps I've done. Going to return it. I had a Garmin for 4 to 5 years and it never missed a beat.

Jen
Jen

Returned again

Unfortunately this product has been returned again due to ceasing to work this is the second time and now I have changed to a different brand, unfortunately I can't honestly say that I was very impressed with this product especially as it was replaced only 6 weeks ago and has stopped working.

Stormy
StormyPerth, WA

I regret wasting my money.

I. Have previous experience with a Fitbit, I bought the Fitbit 3 for automatically recording road bike exercise. It recorded 50 minutes of a 120 minute ride and 17 minutes of a 30 minute ride. Yesterday I got a message congratulating me on climbing 10 flights of stairs. I had been in my single story home during the relevant time.

Steve
StevePerth, WA

Love it!

Three family members have a Fitbit Charge 3 and wear them all day everyday. Comfortable and stylish looking. One failed after about 2 months but it was no issue to have it replaced in store of purchase. The phone app and website are easy to use and have all the valuable data such as steps, stairs, heart rate and sleep score. The battery only needs charging every 4 or 5 days and charges quickly.

Caz
CazFadden 2904, ACT

Fits perfect to me

I upgraded to this new model in September and love the new features of silent alarm and receiving text messages. The slim design is ideal to wearing it daily whether to work or in the weekends in the yard. Love that its waterproof so not having to take it off for showering and submerging it in the backyard pond is a time saver as I can get a full days accurate results on my fitness.

Grey mNinad
Grey mNinadHunter Region, NSW

SCREEN NOT BRIGHT ENOUGH

Im happy with the features on the phone, however, the screen is not bright enough. I have tried several of the clock faces to see if they help. When out walking, especially in sunshine, it is difficult to see heart rate, time, steps etc. I now just look at the information on my phone.