Fitbit Charge 3

Fitbit Charge 3

MPNs: 4288355, 4288356, 4288357 and 2 more
See the Best Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Fitbit? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Battery Life

Looses time and won’t sync

I got the charge 3 to replace my charge 2 as I like the idea of not having to worry about taking it off to shower/swim. The band broke within 12 months then once I had a replacement band it kept loosing time and then failing to sync to correct the time. As it use it primarily as a watch that tracks fitness it was no longer fit for purpose and I have returned to my charge 2. Really disappointing product.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman Online.

Redfox
RedfoxMid North Coast, NSW

Doesn't last long for the price

Good accurate monitoring but after 15 months it started going crazy with screen flashes, vibrates, and then just completely died. Too short a life for a rather expensive item. Will try another brand.

Purchased in September 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $175.00.

Christine Fry
Christine FryForresters Beach

Not great

Purchased in January 2020 at Officeworks for $149.00.

Christine
ChristineMelbourne

OK but not durable

Was bought this as a gift. Just after 2 years it stopped synching with my phone. Then the screen went mad- cycling through the functions (many of which were previously not visible- part of premium??). I tried a reset but it just starts rapid scrolling and vibrating again which kills the battery in 20 mins.

Will not buy again as 150bucks per year for a watch is too much (300 purchase price/lasted 2 years).This fault seems to be very common after 2 years- maybe built in obsolescence?
Off to buy a cheap copy this time.

R0byns
R0bynsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Total waste of money

The band broke after 8 months. Wasn’t replaced because they were “out of stock” of plain black silicon bands. If I wanted to follow up, I would have to call them back. Great service guys! I bought a leather band. Then the numbers started disappearing from the watch dial 2 months later. Then the thing stopped charging 13 months after purchase. It’s expensive junk.

Purchased in January 2020 at Duty free at Brisbane International airport for $269.00.

Top 5 Smart Watch Brands for Women

Smart Watches are a convenient and stylish way for women to keep track of their health, socialise with friends and family, and stay organised amid the business of life. Now there are more smart watches designed for women than ever before.

Isabella G.
Isabella G.30 Nov 2020
top-5-smart-watch-brands-for-women
Jacob G.
Jacob G.Sydney, NSW

Like the watch but reliability is very poor

I have had to get two replacements over the course of owning this watch. Both times it started buzzing uncontrollably and the touch screen went erratic. Fitbit has been good with getting replacements out but very disappointed with the durability for the tracker. The watch straps have also not lasted well, with cracks starting to form. Other than the durability I have been pretty happy with the tracker. I only paid $100 on sale.

Purchased in February 2020 at Officeworks Online store for $108.00.

Julie
JulieSydney Surrounds, NSW

Good while it works but don't expect much more than 12 months out of it

My Charge 3 was fine while it was working, yes its band broke around 11 months in but it was quickly replaced by fitbit.
However, after only 13 months, one month out of warranty, lines started appearing in the screen, I tried all the online help available, then it started flashing on and off, and then it became super hot while recharging and died completely.
It is not good enough for a product to only last 13 months, I certainly won't buy another one nor would i recommend this product

Purchased in October 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $179.00.

Pat and harry
Pat and harryNorth Queensland, QLD

Don’t waste your money

Don’t buy this had Fitbit 2 and 3 straps break continually only had a new band 2 days when it broke my husband glued it on now the other side has broken . Not worth the money

Purchased in August 2019 at Big W.

Jud
JudGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't buy it Not worth price and hassle

Does not always since
quickly ., with app. Freezes up. Does not provide all data on phone Stops vibrating, for daily targets. . Seems from previous there are long term problems, and nothing done

Purchased in June 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $149.00.

Dee
DeeThurgoona

Band is Rubbish lasts 2 months

My band has lasted 2 months, although i can claim a new one with no issue 'apparently'
Fitbit will send same substandard quality that will only last 2 months. Not good

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys.

Unhappy customer
Unhappy customerSydney, NSW

Not worth the price if you were buying it

Purchased in April 2019.

kirbrit
kirbritSydney, NSW

Don't expect it to stay on

The band is pretty well useless. The band broke the first time and a new one was sent. Fortunately I kept the one half of the band that was ok because then the other half broke. Inferior product

Robbie
RobbieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Screen frozen after tracking

Each time i track & refresh on my iPhone apart from update of steps everything else freezes on the screen. Rebooting iPhone makes no difference. Fitbit rejects my feedback comments.
I also question accuracy with heaps too many steps which can be seen getting out of bed.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for $110.00.

will
willGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good watch, bad tracking

I've had my fitbit charge 3 for a couple of months and have found it disappointing. While the heart rate monitor, phone connection, smart pay and sleep tracker features are quite impressive, the GPS tracker is a disgrace.
After getting some disappointing times on my runs, I tested it with my Tomtom cardio runner watch which is a purpose built GPS tracking watch and found that the charge 3 GPS is out by around 300 metres per kilometre.
Fitbit need to fix this fault as it seems many people have the same issue but they don't seem to care.
If I had my time over I would have got the Garmin.

Purchased in January 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $99.00.

BipolarBear
BipolarBearSydney, NSW

Pretty useless toy

It's super inaccurate in most key measurements. I take a lift, and it tells me how many stairs I've taken. I stay still and swing my arm. It counts two steps. sometimes it shows 30-40 steps before I get out of bed! :o A friend of mine has told me he had to get rid of his Fitbit because the heart rate was inaccurate as well. His doctor told him that measuring the pulse on the wrist is not reliable and proved it on the spot. The Fitbit was missing some beats. Although the friend has heart issues so this is not just misleading but is somewhat dangerous. Moving on. The sleep chart looks interesting but who knows if it's true after all. So I don't know if I should trust the device at all. The only good thing about it is it's waterproof.

Purchased in January 2020 for $130.00.