Fitbit Ionic

Fitbit Ionic

MPN: 3709169

See the Best Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (6%) · No (94%)
  • Battery Life

Wayne

WayneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great device, be better if it worked.

Bought the ionic for $388 1.5 years ago. It's had a couple of malfunctions, fixed 2 with a reset, 3rd time it just died and did not respond to any reset for a couple of days. It died again 4 days ago and hasn't come back to life. Good product when it work, needs a longer warranty for the price you pay. Dissapointed, can't recommend them. Will be looking at other products!

Purchased in June 2018 for $388.00.

Third Time Lucky?

Purchased in August 2018 for $399.00.

Matthew K.

Matthew K.Sydney, NSW

Great tool to help you move

I bought this to help motivate me to move and get fitter. It worked pretty well. The tracking of steps and notifications are great. syncs well with my pixel3 and is reasonably tough ie no scratches to date. I'd say other products out there might do a better job but I got this on sale for $249 so definitely worth it. Fitbits app and other associated apps are a great motivation tool... Lost 4kgs with this and a balanced diet.

Purchased in September 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $249.00.

David M

David MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rubbish product

It is disappointing for three main reasons:
1. Time display is not continuous, so you have to press a button every Time you want to see the time.
2. Max. display time is only 60 seconds.
3. Step tracker is totally inaccurate for cycling. It shows approximately half the steps that SHealth shows on my phone, with the phone in my pocket.
What is the point of displaying a 50% inaccurate reading. Yes I have it correctly on my wrist and yes I have wrist placement on dominant. Buy something better.

Purchased in October 2019 for $280.00.

David TaylorPerth, WA

Ionic is Ironic ... not getting fit a bit.

Fitbit ionic purchased in January 2019 .... failed in September. Been trying to resurrect since then after resetting the following .. wifi turned off/ on, phone , iPad even my MacBook all rebooted ... just wont connect to the wifi. The Apple devices recognise the Fitbit , 4 digit numbers are exchanged between them but no connection.
Next step, live chat with Fitbit help line. Nuh , 2 hours later we gave up. Warranty claim. Im crossing my fingers on that... now looking at Apple Watch.

Purchased in January 2019 at eBay.

David Taylor

Update ... warranty rejected. Solution? .., buy another IONIC from an authorised reseller, substitute the faulty watch and ask for your money back ! Problem solved.

PaulN

PaulNSouth East Queensland, QLD

A very Smart watch

Purchased in October 2019.

Battery Life

It refuses to communicate with my phone.

I really struggle to get the watch to sync with my android phones. I have tried 3 different phones but it's always the same battle: I have to restart one or both devices for them to sync and there have been several occasions when that didn't even work. The gps function is fun on runs, and the vibrating alarm is a more gentle way to wake up than conventional blaring noise, but it's a complete waste besides that.

Purchased in January 2018.

Peter

PeterIllawarra, NSW

Poor product lifespan

Bought a Fitbit Ionic to replace a failing Blaze whose battery life faded after 18 mths. Has worked well for around 12 mths, then has simply completely died after being in the pool for 1 afternoon (it's supposed to be water-resistant) Cant find anywhere to have it repaired, and it's out of warranty. My wife's Blaze battery is now failing as well - that is three fitbits failing after ~ 1 yrs usage. We'll not be buying any more fitbits. looking at Apple watch instead

Andrew Hart

Andrew HartHunter Region, NSW

Average and unreliable.

Purchased in February 2018 for $399.00.

Unreliable, buggy

Bought this a bit over 12 months ago from Harvey Norman. I gave up on it about 6 months later because during a sync it came up with the dreaded red 'X' Sync and try again message that so many people have complained about, which basically turns the watch into an expensive brick. I've since tried everything on the online forums to fix this but to date no one has found a solution besides getting it replaced by Fitbit - if they're that lucky. It's such a shame because it's a lovely watch and I really can't afford to fork out on another one. I wouldn't recommend it.

Purchased in March 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $360.00.

R Sh

R ShSydney, NSW

Fitness tracker with some Smart Watch Features

If you are looking for a good Fitness Tracker with some smart watch features then this is a good buy. The Ionic is quite stylish and also has heaps of screen face options. The most important feature for me is the long battery of 4-5 days and the option to sleep with to capture the sleep patterns. There are some smart basic watch features like call pickup, email and text notifications and Fitbit pay. This isn’t a complete smart watch like Apple watch as it lacks apps and calling features.

Purchased in May 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $302.00.

Dan

DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Features are great, watch breaks and is unreliable. Would not buy a Fitbit product again

Purchased in December 2017 at Bing Lee for $399.00.

Cez

CezAU

Good Quality fitness tracker

I got an offer from JB hifi to buy this for $100 discount. I was looking at iWatch but felt it was too expensive. I find that this Fitbit ionic is so much better than the previous model. It is securely attached to the strap. The stats are accurate. I find it convenient that I don’t have to bring my phone if I only want to track my steps or even the weather. The only con I find is that I can’t reply to message or talk if I answer the call (still need the iPhone)

Purchased in December 2018 at JB hifi parramatta for $199.00.

CyberKingKongCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Smart Watch with a Faulty Design. Goodbye Fiibit

Purchased in January 2018 at Officeworks Online store for $397.00.

Iris H

Iris HMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very disappointed in quality vs price

Purchased in December 2017 at Harvey Norman Physical Store for $400.00.

Kathleen V.

Kathleen V.Perth, WA

good tracker- -terrible apps

While the tracker works well and provides the workout details you want, the added selling point of personal music storage is quickly becoming a nightmare as the apps to transfer music are outdated, incompatible and cumbersome . Experience is something from the early PC days in 1990's ....
Looks like they want to push everyone to a a paid Deezer subscription, which is only thing that works but with same troublesome process

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $259.00.

OzzyOptom

OzzyOptomSydney

Poor wristband design

The wrist band end is secured” by a little metal peg that fits into the two parts of the band. They get lost easily and cannot be replaced cheaply. Recommend a smart watch with normal band design not an Ionic.

Purchased in February 2018.

Kim

KimMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very Poor Product

Was worth the money at the start but after 18 months I’m beginning to change my mind. It won’t keep its charge. After charging I have to sync it with my phone just to reset the time, it’s always restarting itself. Can’t check the time without it restarting. Useless now.

Purchased in December 2017 at Harvey Norman for $430.00.

Poor quality

Had for 18months have spent more time trying to get it to work properly than actually using it. Constant syncing issues turns itself off then back on during workouts, customer care is useless just get the same advice from them every time which is the same advice as their online troubleshooting. Should never have bought would much prefer Garmin or apple instead

Purchased in December 2017 at Harvey Norman for $400.00.

Minh

MinhSydney, NSW

Works well!

It does everything it's supposed to do. Quite nice looking, feels comfortable to wear, battery life is really good, I charge it like once per week. Love the app, esp sleep track feature.

Purchased in June 2018.

Marioasked

This isnt a question, but I would like to offer a solution to those who are having trouble with syncing issues.
I was starting to recently get issues syncing, eg. "looking for device" or "device not found" and could not get sleep data for the last 2 nights.
On the phone, go to: Settings - Apps - Fitbit - Storage - Clear cache
then all of a sudden the sleep data appeared from the last 2 nights when I got back into the Fitbit App.

As a side note, I am disappointed that the phone is not smart enough to turn off the auto-on feature while sleeping. So I turned it off and never use the feature anymore. The benefit is that it now saves a significant amount of battery as it no-longer unnecessarily or accidentally turns on with each wrist movement.

Dan

Danasked

It seems everyone has the same issues, has anyone successfully had a refund?

CyberKingKong

Hi Dan. Yes I have successfully had a refund last week. Please read my review. And you will find out

kenasked

Has anyone had any experience with synching the Fitbit ionic and an oppo r9s. Are there any issues with this?

Mario

I use the Ionic with a Galaxy S8. Synching can take up to 3 tries to get the sleep data. However, I just tried this: Putting the phone over the watch, give the app screen one long drag down before release, and it all synched, including sleep data, in 1 go.

Thanks Mario for the reply

Get an answer from our members and Fitbit representatives