Fitness Playground

Fitness Playground

See the Best Gyms in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Fitness Playground? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.2
  • Rates and Fees
Dave F
Dave FDarwin, NT

Continues to charge you after cancellation

Signed up for month to month access to Fitness Playground in Gateway, NT. Gave 30 days written notice to gym in June - continue to be charged in August and September. No response to emails or confirmation my membership is cancelled.

Bianca S.
Bianca S.Sydney, NSW

Fitness playground Newtown

I was told I would get a refund on the swipe card and now they are telling me there is no refund. How can an access card cost $70? I also went to cancel and they came back with emails that continued to suggest alternatives to cancelling. There’s been 4 emails and I just continue to respond with “I want to cancel” The sales part of this gym makes the gym feel like your in fraud. They are terrible .

Nicola G.
Nicola G.Sydney, NSW

Fit Fam!

The FP has become part of my extended family. Members and staff are amazing and the training environment is great!
People are very supportive and encouraging, classes are thought but super fun! Incredible contribution to my fitness journey! 5 years going strong.

sarahj
sarahjSydney, NSW

taking money whilst all gyms are closed during lockdown??

I have tried canceling my membership, left messages, email, tried calling. no response they have continued to take my money even though my gym is closed due to lockdown, would give 0 stars if I could

Member since 2016

David
DavidSydney, NSW

Inappropriate customer service

I requested to cancel extra sessions that was not under the gym membership contract. They ignored request and charged me hundreds and I had no clue. No receipts, emails or proof of purchase and zero communication from them regarding the payments. Loved the trainers but admin quite negligent.

They would keep charging a deceased person and would have no idea if they turned up to personal one-on-one training. They treat their members like bank accounts instead of people.

Yuanchen G.
Yuanchen G.Sydney, NSW

one of the best

This shop do actually care about customers’s feedback, all the staffs are friendly and encouraging, you can always find them in gym. Quintin is extremly helpful to solve the problem.

Rhiannon
RhiannonSydney, NSW

Best Gym!

The staff here have always been incredibly welcoming, helpful and super friendly!
There is lots of varied equipment, different machines and they havs such a large selection of different classes on offer!

Other Gyms

Beware Very Difficult To Cancel.

My membership had expired and it was on week to week (fortnightly payments). I requested to cancel my membership and was informed that it was a thirty days minimum to notify cancellation. Be very careful when signing up. They make it very easy to signup online and you have to go in person to cancel. Very dodgy.

Love my PT and training at Fitness Playground

I started at Fitness Playground 2 years ago, seeking personal training. I love it! I only really planned to do it for 8 months, but have seen so many positive changes to my body and strength. The gym and my PT was also great in reacting to COVID and giving me options with my membership. I would recommend this gym for people looking for a PT and/or great equipment to work with.

The worst customer service for cancelling

I have been a member for over two years, tried to cancel because of covid but got refused. They force me to pay a huge amount (over $300) of cancelling fee just to ripping me off, and even threatening to call a debt collector. Since when gym become a gang? Please do not sign up for this mob, otherwise you will definitely regret it. A huge waste of time and money! Staff are very rude and hang up on me over the phone when I tried to resolve this issue. This place should be named money sucker gang playground.

Sarah
SarahSydney, NSW

Appalling customer service - misled pregnant customer

I joined the gym when 6 months pregnant and signed up for PT training to get me fit before giving birth. I had to chase up 4 times to arrange my PT sessions after being constantly ignored. I was also misled to believe the group classes would be appropriate for pregnancy. By the time I was put in touch with the PT it was too late for me to begin my sessions so I cancelled my membership and am yet to receive a refund for unused PT sessions (3 weeks later!). A huge waste of time and money!

shaun
shaunSydney Surrounds, NSW

Head Down and Work Hard

Love Surry Hills gym , I walk in the place is clean and not packed. I don't interact with the staff or any other persons so cannot comment on their behaviour and tbh I'm not interested in interacting considering im there to work out... nothing more.
The atmosphere is amazing with other male / females that have their head down working out hard , equipment is top notch aswell . I do have to say that Ive been working out in gyms for over 20 years and they are alll the same so no matter who you choose they all screw you esp New Year resolutioners.

stephanie
stephanieDarwin, NT

Rude attitude of the staff/manager, HORRIBLE customer service, DO NOT GO THERE!

Customer service was horrible! I booked the class by phone and got a friend who is a member there who went to confirm the booking again face to face,,when I turned up on the day, they said their system didn't have the booking! The manager was useless and kept asking me " What do you want me to do?" with a rude attitude and didn't admit it was their mistake at all!! Other staff were slacking in the front office and didn't bother to offer help! At the end we had to leave as the class was full! This gym just wanna suck people money and treat the member well first and totally irrespect to new/potential customers!

Shutters
Shutters

Ruthless cancellation policy

After being a member for 10 months, having a PT twice a week and supporting them through Covid, when relocating to Bondi, I was told it was still within a 20km radius so didn’t qualify to cancel early.

I had to pay 50% remaining contract out, as a sign of good will from the gym.

It feels like their main objective is sucking money out of their customers... Not customer service.

I hope the $130 was worth it.