flybuys travel

flybuys travel

• Trip Completed Yes · No (62)
  • Ease of Booking
Graham

GrahamPerth, WA

Customer service to change a flight is really abysmal

After making a return flight booking from Perth to Cairns, I needed to see if I could change my return flight. I rang 131116 and waited for 20 minutes to be then told I had to ring 1300 315 654. This number kept me waiting for 45 minutes with no explanation, no idea of a reasonable waiting time and no apologies. Just the same boring music and no voice at all. This is just plain rude customer service. Eventually the phone was answered and I was told it was an after hours service and they could not help me unless my flight was imminent. I will have to ring back tomorrow during office hours and experience the same bad service. This telephone number needs a radical overhaul to meet customer service expectations.

Venera

VeneraNorth Queensland, QLD

Unhappy with Flybuy Travel

DebbieSydney, NSW

Check your T&Cs very carefully

We booked a flight with Flybuys to Tasi on the 13/11, after an email inviting us to book with full cancellation. I also booked travel insurance through them just in case. As the borders closed due to COVID-19, we tried to cancel it today. Turns out the free cancellation was only for hotel+flights, and they will not refund us for the flight, only credit. We were also told that insurance does not cover COVID, so what is the point? We are very upset as it quite a lot of money, which means we cannot travel anywhere now. Given this bed situation, I would like Flybuys and Qantas to show some consideration to their customers.

Debbie

I would like to update that after some additional talk with Flybuys that have put a request for Qantas to refund us and last month they did. So they do deserve positive feedback on this.

Inadequate Communication and Care

The flight department is fine. Unfortunately, when booking a cruise, they transfer to another department, where I had had no end of trouble with the booking. My name was spelled wrong, my birthdate was recorded wrong, my address was even listed as the wrong state. I was seriously concerned because travel papers need to match my I.D. and how could they if full of errors? Trip canceled due to covid, but they will not release my credit.

Inflexible

Booked a flight through Flybuys to Sydney (flying Virgin Airlines) but due to COVID restriction we had to change destination to Perth. Unfortunately the ONLY way you can change your booking with Flybuys is calling the number on your itinerary, and the number is meant for EMERGENCY USE ONLY outside of office hour!

It is now Friday night and we could not change our booking, or even over the weekend. We have no choice but to sit and look at the price go up until Monday morning to change our flight!

I would NEVER book a flight through them, I'd go directly with the airlines from now on. This is frustrating and made travel changes very expensive!

Unhappywasher

UnhappywasherSouth East Queensland, QLD

I still have no idea what happened

Booking TypeAccommodation

Excellent customer service

Receiving fantastic service from flybuys travel as I'm trying to sort out a trip that won't go ahead due to COVID, with flights booked through an airline in administration. The consultant from flybuys travel has dealt with my many questions quickly and efficiently and is doing all he can to find alternative options. Much appreciated! Have booked flights with flybuys travel before and always find them good value and website easy to use.

PETER MCBRIDElast

PETER MCBRIDElast

Cancelled due to COVID 19.

C We had to cancel our trip due to OVID19. As far as I know we have received a credit towards a similar trip next year. We are assuming this includes the cash payment

Mich

MichSydney, NSW

Easy booking and no hassle refund

Booked my trip last year using a mix of points and credit card payment through Flybuys Travel. My trip was then cancelled due to covid but Flybuys refunded my points and helped process my cash refund from Cathay.

Mel

MelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Refund of points due to Coronavirus

Due to Coronavirus we were unable to take our trip to Sydney but flybuys quickly refunded all flybuys points I had used to pay for the hotel accomodation. I was really impressed how quickly and easy they made the refund and we will now use those points to book again when restrictions are eased.

Booking TypeAccommodation
Jen

JenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Thanks FlyBuys

Booking was easy, prices were great and refund for my cancelled trip was easy, a bit slow but easy. A real shame my trip was cancelled due to Covid-19. Thank you FlyBuys for being awesome!!

Jodie R.

Jodie R.Southern and Hills, SA

Covid cancellation

Due to Covid trip cancelled given a credit which I can use at a later date booked trip with Virgin so still unsure if I will ever get that trip ,were getting points back would have been better.This is the first time this has happened maybe next time look at this.

Points should be refunded

The booking itself was easier for my trip Cairns - Brisbane return 16/4 to 23/4 for my ailing mums 80th. Using flybuy points.
Unfortunately had to cancelled due to covid.
It was messy trying to address this with contacting.
I was given a credit to be used at later date.
I am feeling highly disappointed that the points were not reimbursed which would have been of more benefit during this time I am sure this would be for many.
I would much prefer the points be reimbursed to my account so could use on other things.

Dee

DeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

great service

i received fantastic service from fly buys for my trip
thanks so much i appreciate your service so much
I could not have managed to do this on my own and appreciate the help

Carrie

CarrieMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Assured in worrying times.

I had return flights booked to go to Phuket in April. With Covid 19 pandemic, all flights were cancelled and all international boarders closed. Flybys responded before the departure date and all points were refunded back to me.
Peace of mind!!

Vicki N

Vicki NCanberra 2600, ACT

Confused

I am not sure why I have been asked to review a flight that did not go ahead because of Covid19. I would appreciate some communication about a refund or an opportunity to rebook so that I do not lose the money paid.

Booking TypeFlights

I went, I saw things, I came home.

I flew from Queensland to New South Wales for a wedding. Flights were great and the booking process was very easy. Loved the fact that there was a 24/7 phone line if there was any issues, night or day! :)

mikeWANNIASSA

No idea whats happening

We booked through this agency and found at the time the service was quick and very smooth. Then this virus struck and we are left in limbo about our travel plans because we cannot get a straight answer from either them or Virgin Airlines about whats happening to our flights. This a wedding anniversary present to myself and my wife, our 50th to be exact. We are pensioners and saved for our trip, now we have no idea what will happen and it looks like we have lost all out money. Neither you nor Virgin will help us, all you seem to want to do is hide from us and you both keep blaming each other, we have lodged a complaint with the ACCC, lets see where that gets us.

mike

Just like i thought, they will not reply either to this or emails, how can they get such good ratings, were the others paid for a good review.

yvonne

yvonneHunter Region, NSW

lockdown

lockdown - no travel - Still waiting to hear about how to rebook. I booked virgin flights from sydney to darwin , 16/04/20 and then broome to sydney.28/04/20 I've been told I'd get a credit to rebook. Not sure how that is going at the moment.

Angela

AngelaSydney, NSW

Ticket In Credit

I booked returned flights to Hervey Bay with Flybuys travel, last year in September 2019 for travel over Easter 2020. Of course, the trip didn't happen due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, in the interim, I've dealt with Flybuys travel and even though there were some minor delays - this was to be expected as they were inundated with anxious customers such as myself - they have dealt with this unprecedented situation efficiently and professionally. Currently, our ticket is in credit until the end of 2021, so I'm really happy about this! Good luck, all and keep safe!