flybuys travel

flybuys travel

• Trip Completed Yes (4) · No (16)
  • Ease of Booking
Graham

GrahamPerth, WA

Customer service to change a flight is really abysmal

After making a return flight booking from Perth to Cairns, I needed to see if I could change my return flight. I rang 131116 and waited for 20 minutes to be then told I had to ring 1300 315 654. This number kept me waiting for 45 minutes with no explanation, no idea of a reasonable waiting time and no apologies. Just the same boring music and no voice at all. This is just plain rude customer service. Eventually the phone was answered and I was told it was an after hours service and they could not help me unless my flight was imminent. I will have to ring back tomorrow during office hours and experience the same bad service. This telephone number needs a radical overhaul to meet customer service expectations.

Venera

VeneraNorth Queensland, QLD

Unhappy with Flybuy Travel

DebbieSydney, NSW

Check your T&Cs very carefully

We booked a flight with Flybuys to Tasi on the 13/11, after an email inviting us to book with full cancellation. I also booked travel insurance through them just in case. As the borders closed due to COVID-19, we tried to cancel it today. Turns out the free cancellation was only for hotel+flights, and they will not refund us for the flight, only credit. We were also told that insurance does not cover COVID, so what is the point? We are very upset as it quite a lot of money, which means we cannot travel anywhere now. Given this bed situation, I would like Flybuys and Qantas to show some consideration to their customers.

Debbie

I would like to update that after some additional talk with Flybuys that have put a request for Qantas to refund us and last month they did. So they do deserve positive feedback on this.

Inflexible

Booked a flight through Flybuys to Sydney (flying Virgin Airlines) but due to COVID restriction we had to change destination to Perth. Unfortunately the ONLY way you can change your booking with Flybuys is calling the number on your itinerary, and the number is meant for EMERGENCY USE ONLY outside of office hour!

It is now Friday night and we could not change our booking, or even over the weekend. We have no choice but to sit and look at the price go up until Monday morning to change our flight!

I would NEVER book a flight through them, I'd go directly with the airlines from now on. This is frustrating and made travel changes very expensive!

PETER MCBRIDElast

PETER MCBRIDElast

Cancelled due to COVID 19.

C We had to cancel our trip due to OVID19. As far as I know we have received a credit towards a similar trip next year. We are assuming this includes the cash payment

mikeWANNIASSA

No idea whats happening

We booked through this agency and found at the time the service was quick and very smooth. Then this virus struck and we are left in limbo about our travel plans because we cannot get a straight answer from either them or Virgin Airlines about whats happening to our flights. This a wedding anniversary present to myself and my wife, our 50th to be exact. We are pensioners and saved for our trip, now we have no idea what will happen and it looks like we have lost all out money. Neither you nor Virgin will help us, all you seem to want to do is hide from us and you both keep blaming each other, we have lodged a complaint with the ACCC, lets see where that gets us.

mike

Just like i thought, they will not reply either to this or emails, how can they get such good ratings, were the others paid for a good review.

Kell G.

Kell G.Hobart, TAS

Covid-19 stopped the trip

No problems with booking fees, covid-19 stopped my trip so i syayed at home and got a travel credit with virgin australia... it was very eady to cancel the trip, just an email.

Susan

SusanPerth, WA

Not happy

Had to call them for Details of flight cancellations. Flybys didn’t call me. Terrible. Was left stranded in the Uk and had to find a flight home and I’m still waiting for refund

Trip CompletedYes
Booking TypeFlights
Alison T.

Alison T.Perth, WA

Rubbish

Be careful! Had to cancel flights with virgin and they wouldn't give back points I used to book flights. Even tho conditions say if you cancel you get points back. Virgin gave me credits to use on them which is very disappointing and they had an expiry of Feb next year. I've probably lost everything!! Very upset and annoyed!

Lester

LesterSydney, NSW

Infection Ship

Our holiday was booked through Flybuys Travel. It was on the Ruby Princess and both my wife and I have contracted Covid-19 from the feral passengers - no more to be said!

Tones

TonesSydney, NSW

flybuys travel needs to improve

It took me 4 phones calls to receive my points. Every time I was told the manager has to approve the points but it seems he is very slow to approve.
They need to Update their systems so this does not happen to other travelers.

Jacqui

JacquiSydney Surrounds, NSW

Not Happy

Thought we booked with Emirates because of Emirates icon selected and the flight was actually with Qantas. No E tickets were emailed just itinerary. Flight and food were good. Customer service wasn’t helpful.

Manu

ManuSydney Surrounds, NSW

Worst customer support

Worst customer support ever. I won’t recommend this to any one as I am not at all happy with their dealings. They make false promises and will ignore once you make the bookings

Maybeline

MaybelineSYDNEY

Very inefficient staff.

Ruby S.

Ruby S.Southwest, VIC

Rip off.

Later found that it was $15 more expensive to book through this service. I earned 170 points - you need 2000 to redeem $10 in store. If I'd booked directly through the vendor I'd have paid $155 & saved Cole's $15 of fees. V disappointing :(

Beatris

BeatrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Would not recommend at all, useless.

Tried to call many times, left messages three times.
But no-one called me back.
Wanted to ask a few further questions about their recent holiday special 5 nights in Port Douglas.
Why even put a phone number when can't get through.
If you want to go for a holiday, better just go to a real travel centre.
Same deals, same price or even better price, and you are face to face with real person.

Mike

MikeNorth West, QLD

Useless, useless, useless

smok

smokCentral Queensland, QLD

What a bloody rip off. No value whatsoever.

Aleks P.

Aleks P.Sydney, NSW

Watch out for the “fine print”

I booked a hotel and then when cancelled they charged $27.50. None of this is visible and requires searching for the info. Dodgy dodgy dodgy. Should be more transparent than this.

Jane

JaneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible service...cheap website?

Tried to book flights 8 times but computer rejected my email and flybuys number repeatedly. Can't contact by phone...it's a weekend. Tried email...it refused my name. Extremely frustrating. Poor service.