flybuys travel

flybuys travel

• Trip Completed Yes (2) · No (5)
  • Ease of Booking

Inadequate Communication and Care

The flight department is fine. Unfortunately, when booking a cruise, they transfer to another department, where I had had no end of trouble with the booking. My name was spelled wrong, my birthdate was recorded wrong, my address was even listed as the wrong state. I was seriously concerned because travel papers need to match my I.D. and how could they if full of errors? Trip canceled due to covid, but they will not release my credit.

Unhappywasher

UnhappywasherSouth East Queensland, QLD

I still have no idea what happened

Jodie R.

Jodie R.Southern and Hills, SA

Covid cancellation

Due to Covid trip cancelled given a credit which I can use at a later date booked trip with Virgin so still unsure if I will ever get that trip ,were getting points back would have been better.This is the first time this has happened maybe next time look at this.

Booking Services

Find out how flybuys travel compares to other Booking Services

Vicki N

Vicki NCanberra 2600, ACT

Confused

I am not sure why I have been asked to review a flight that did not go ahead because of Covid19. I would appreciate some communication about a refund or an opportunity to rebook so that I do not lose the money paid.

yvonne

yvonneHunter Region, NSW

lockdown

lockdown - no travel - Still waiting to hear about how to rebook. I booked virgin flights from sydney to darwin , 16/04/20 and then broome to sydney.28/04/20 I've been told I'd get a credit to rebook. Not sure how that is going at the moment.

Jturi

JturiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sydney to Brisbane flights

We had to fly home earlier than expected due to a medical emergency. Flybuys charges a booking cancellation fee per ticket (not per booking) and so does the airline so it ended up being cheaper to buy new tickets with Virgin. I also found it confusing booking for my unborn baby (I needed to book him in as early as possible but didn't have a birth date) and then amend the booking to update the birth date. I wouldn't recomend flights via flybuys as they double dip on cancellation fees.

Ease of Booking
Booking TypeFlights

Unhelpful at an sad time

I had a room booked and paid for through Fly buys Travel for a recent concert I was to attend. On the day of the concert we had a death in the family and I was unable to go to Sydney for the show hence I didn't need my accomodation. On ringing Fly buys I was told there was nothing that could be done, no refund or credit for another night. They said it had been booked through expedia so was non refundable. I thought this strange since I booked everything through Fly buys.
What a waste of money!!!

kylie

kylie

Not the usual Novotel standard

Staff were lovely but the ammenities were outdated.
*pool tiles were broken and falling off
*out of the 5 elevators 2-3 worked at any given time. The wait for a lift was 20 minutes during peak times.
*parking was shared with a shopping centre. Spots were hard to find. Parking would take up to an hour. All for the bargain price of $18 a day.
*bathroom was gross, no air vent so smells would linger.
*basic bath/shower in one.
Having stayed at Novotel in Wollongong, Canberra and Darling Harbour this one was not up to Novotel’s usually high standards!

Disappointed

Disappointed couldn't use points towards my cruise or tour excursions, when cruise booked, told that couldn't use points towards fare maybe on shore excursion which I found that I couldn't

Trip CompletedYes
Booking Services

Find out how flybuys travel compares to other Booking Services

Arthur

ArthurGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good prices but don't use if you want flexibility

Amy

AmyPerth, WA

They take your money with no authorisation

Sharron L

Sharron Lasked

When will a refund be made on a cruise cancelled over 12 months ago? Never booking with flybuys again ever!

stevo

stevoasked

Why are flybuys sending requests for reviews of trips which have obviously been cancelled due to CoVid19?
Somebody there needs to correct this. My review:- Disappointing. Flybuys will not even refund our points back on to our statement when it is highly unlikely we will be able to re-book our triip

Newy mum
Newy mum

We got to go on our trip. It was not cancelled. We returned the night before the mandatory quarantine started. This is a genuine review

Andrew F.

Andrew F.asked

HI The flight to Melbourne was cancelled more than a month ago and I was advised the points used could be re used for a Virgin flight.

Get an answer from our members and flybuys representatives