Focus On Furniture

Focus On Furniture Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

Online store, Physical store
4.2 from 4,815 reviews

33 questions from our users

Bryce

Bryceasked

Focus On Furniture

Ok guys how do focus on furniture leather couches hold up?

Marcus
Marcus

I bought mine in Jan and its holding up pretty well so far, I did get a leather cleaning spray bottle thing for about $50, and i just use that to clean it every so often. I do know there are different qualities/ thicknesses of the leather.
If you want one more resistant to damage go a thicker leather lounge

Kylie
Kylie

bought my leather lounge over 5 years ago from focus, I use a leather conditioner every few months and only use a damp cloth for any spills. leather has no marks or cracks or wear. I have 3 young grandchildren that climb over the lounge and are continually spilling food and drinks on it and it is still in great condition.

abby

abbyasked

Focus On Furniture

are their prices on their lounges negotiable at all?

Youyou
Youyou

Yes, for some of them, could get a discount around $100. Dont fully trust what they say though.

UNA BATCHELOR
UNA BATCHELOR

We negotiated a price for multiple items, we were happy.

Sam

Samasked

Focus On Furniture

I purchase a fabric couch July 2016. Got issue with fabric back and sitting area . Asked a technician to check it. He permanently fixed it and recommend me to go for exchange. I sent messages to the email he sent me to ask advice. Anita and Karrie rudely send me email to persue the matter in other. Channels .
The couch is less than 4 month old and supposed to be heavy duty fabric.I m really sad and feel my right as a customer is ignored!!!
Any advice is greatly appreciated?

EmmandD

What store was this at? Remember the dare gallery stores were taken over. Saying that your warranty still would of been granted. Really your first point of call would of been to contact focus rather than seek advice elsewhere, remember any kind of modification I.e repair or use of materials that are similar but not exact, could have a negative impact on your warranty. I can belive a disgruntled customer service assistant but 2 with out reason? Sometimes when we read emails or texts even letters they can come across blunt/ rude it's hard to gage a conversation through a email.
Next time infor, the retailer first there's a chain to follow which would work in your favour should your dealings with them be as accurate as you said.

Tauapai
Tauapai

I just had a rude conversation with Kerri too at customer service were she told me to grow up and get a brain. There is so much negetuvr comments and all have a similar story of either being given incorrect info to get the sale or screwed when dealing with a complaint

Williarrmo

my advice would be to walk away, never shop here and again and tell anyone that will listen not to shop here! i too have had an awful experience and this is the only power you have left when dealing with a company like focus that clearly does not care.

Swaasked

Focus On Furniture

Im lookIng at buying a couch from their geelong store has anyone had bad experiences from there?

Jflow8
Jflow8

hi they are all the same make sure you question them in regards to the quality and grade of leather they use a handy tip to know for all furniture out lets

Swa

Thanks for that what do you mean by know all out lets? Sorry am not very saavy on leather I know I want a soft leather couch thats it. Should I ask where its made and what from?

Williarrmo

never shop with focus, you will regret it, trust me!

JIll

JIllasked

Focus On Furniture

Lounge suite just delivered, looks great but I have to put the supports/feet. The issue is that there's no holes apart from the support one in the middle of the 3 seater and a single hole at each corner which doesn't match up. No instructions either. It's a statesman. Surely I don't have to drill holes in it. Any suggestions?

Ka786
Ka786

I am having the same issue and jumped online to find a solutions. Sadly, nobody has answered you. Will have to call the store tomorrow!

EmmandD

You can drill or using a screwdriver, they would line up in each corner as the pictureon the net or when you saw it store would show. You would have to be pretty special not to be able to put them on, but if you ordered delivery the drivers should of done it for you.

Memrmack

Memrmackasked

Focus On Furniture

Who's had bad delivery experience anyone?

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Never buy any forniture from focus I'm waiting for my propo delivery 6manths, firstly I was waiting for the delivery 2 months when they came they been damaged they should be changed didn't happent when we call we been told next week I'm loosing my patients. Focus on offer the worst service and ignorance never ever buy any forniture from tham

Sal

Salasked

Focus On Furniture

Why do your leather lounges start to peel after 6 months?

Cheryl
Cheryl

Possibly its bonded leather which is not real leather but a composite of vinyl and leather offcuts.

blue.dot.
blue.dot.

They are 100% leather, you usually have to moisturise and care for your leather to stop it from drying out, it is skin after all and requires care for up keep, hope this helps :)

EmmandD

The skin was once alive yes, this myth that you should treat it like skin you don't. This is not a living organism it's dead, preservation would be difficult in terms of a sofa. That's why it goes through processes and grading warm water is fine stains would need something stronger

Milly Maree Flynnt

Milly Maree Flynntasked

Focus On Furniture

How to build my Austin bed as it came with no instructions its the one with shelves in the head board and pull out draws?

Sheryll
Sheryll

I haven't brought a bed from them only a lounge suite

yazflute

yazfluteasked

Focus On Furniture

Does anyone have any experience with the Geelong (Corio, Princess Hwy) store?

SJ
SJ

No I don't sorry only focus on furniture in south wharf and nunawading

Dani
Dani

I bought a bedroom suite in January, love it, great service, great price. Salesman Andrew was fantastic. Delivered earlier than expected and everything was how it should have been.

rayasked

Focus On Furniture

Do you assemble dinning tables when you deliver?

brookelorna
brookelorna

I'm not quite sure whether they are pre assembled or not sorry. I still haven't picked mine up yet.

ray

my got delivered today and they come in boxes and you have to pre-assemble them yourself so there is the answer

vicki woods

vicki woodsasked

Focus On Furniture

Do u deliver to nowra nsw 2541? I looked at yr catolouge and wld like to purchase a few items from the nervada range

demmi c
demmi c

Honestly, go elsewhere. I live in Canberra at it took more than 2 mmonths after they said 2-3 weeks. Also it arrived broken.

JB4134

JB4134asked

Focus On Furniture

Thinking about purchasing the Senator 6 seater modular sofa 100% Leather,now I read some of these bad reviews and it worries me can you give me any guarantees that your quality is as good as you say?

Savvy Shopper73
Savvy Shopper73

I bought a fabric modula sofa at the beginning of 2012. The cushions do need rotating regularly otherwise they loose their shape and become lumpy. However this sofa was only $700 and can fit 7 people on it so seemed good value and haven't had any issues with it so far.

subscriptionpr

stay away. I bought someething in dec and they are yet to deliver it.

Teena Knight
Teena Knight

I have been waiting 6 months and still waiting. i'd never shop there again,

KB35

KB35asked

Focus On Furniture

I have never purchased furniture from Focus before. The prices are hard to believe, and I am considering purchasing the Vienna 3 + 2 seater advertised in your latest catalogue for $799. But I am concerned about the quality of the fabric?

Melissa5735
Melissa5735

We purchased the Chloe. We love it. Comfortable and we have young children too we also brought the cleaning kit. Which is a good idea. Other furniture shops had similar lounges for almost double the price. I recommend buying from focus on furniture. Lounges last as good as you treat them.

Focus On FurnitureFocus On Furniture

Hello KB35, thank you for your enquiry. Yes we agree, the prices are hard to believe but this does not mean you substitute quality. Regarding your question about fabric quality – our fabric suppliers like all suppliers in our industry will do rub tests on their ranges and then categorize them either light domestic, domestic, commercial, heavy commercial etc; each category means a different life expectancy, so we know the fabric chosen suits the purpose for lounge suites.

This industry standard and based on past performance given that we have had this particular product in our range for over 18 months and have had no complaints from any of our stores regarding premature wear we can confidently assure you, you will not have issues in quality. In fact the smoother the texture the less likely it is going to show signs of wear, also being polyester it is very strong.

Hope this assists with your enquiry.

subscriptionpr

Do not buy. They are a really bad organisation and you will have to wait for you product for a long time.

Get an answer from our members and Focus On Furniture representatives