Fon

Fon

Brand Manager for Fon? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.2
  • Adequate Speeds Yes (3) · No (18)

JONBOY3131
JONBOY3131Sydney, NSW

Frustration amplified.

Drops out regularly.
Will not download larger files eg any games
Could not download any site to do with Fon to complain or question
VERY frustrating and
Expensive for what it is.

Pooriya
PooriyaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Its not perfect, but better than nothing

Used it as a temporary connection when I was moving into a new place. Good speed, typically around 50 Mbps. But the problem is that the connection disconnects a lot, usually when you are not using the device, thus you have yo re-enter the password several times during the day. SEVERAL TIMES!

Fon WiFi not working

During a move and lack of internet, I purchased a Telstra Fon 5 day WiFi pass, which worked on day 1 (with constantly having to re-sign in), but I was not able to connect after that. Telstra support (as Fon partner in Australia) could not help and hung up on me (!) and a potential reply to the Fon helpdesk ticket was not accessible, so no help there and FAQs did not provide an answer. I wasted time and money and I do not recommend to purchase a Fon WiFi pass.

Just awful

Constant drop outs, have to login in at least once every half hour or less even, despite ticking "remember me". Does not reconnect without at least 5 minutes of hair pulling frustration of being jumped from one site to another before getting to login. Awful, huge waste of money and will never use this again.

Malcolm
MalcolmRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Beware

A series of unauthorized transactions on my credit card started immediately after signing up with these guys. ndyngv.com eagcsw.com vehgws.com
wcmtye.com satfet.com stgdve.com vndvhe.com, mostly through a subscription management service in the UK

MARKUS Far North Queensland, QLD

Total waste of time and money bin unable to log in code 301 is a endless loop.....

Total waste of time and money bin through the internet and the internet service to find out what to do about the code 301 loops with no success
Not possible to connect
Unable to connect
Code 301
The latest 4 days I am frastrated

Adequate Speeds No
MARKUS

It's been a few days since I have published this review and guessing by the reaction.....
I am not the only one who has a bad experience....
There is no response from the Fon team. I am not able to log in....

Heather Wood
Heather WoodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best internet connection

I have been using TestraFon for over a week now from my home laptop and so far I can't complain about anything. I have always been able to connect, the speeds are incredible and thank goodness I haven't had that message about too many users. If I had seen this site before I would not have purchased. I wonder why I am having such a great experience with it? Last night I had Testing upload…77.5 Mbps download... 16.2. Others in my neighbourhood are complaining about their NBN, so I'm happy I'm not on NBN and are using TelstraFon. Unless it is just beginners luck or because it is at Christmas time who knows. I'll update my review if things change.

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
caroleous
caroleous

Total Scam

If I could have connected to the internet I would have found these reviews and not bothered with Fon Wifi but unfortunately I was in a bind and was sucked in. No service, repeatedly have to log in every few minutes, have spent more time trying to work out what I'm doing wrong than anything else. Will put a Paypal complaint in to get my money back since there is no way to contact them.

Jeejee E.
Jeejee E.Sydney, NSW

Its scam!

Be ware of this company! I should checked the reviews before I signed up!!! And waste of $45! They should've banned this company, it's scam. I couldn't believe that I did it.!!!

Meri R.
Meri R.Sydney, NSW

DON'T DO IT!!!!

Please don't do it!
The only time you'll find good connection is when you sign up. The smoothest and fastest process ever, no web connection disturbance when registering for the product.
Immediately after.. Nothing connects. Ever.
Despite a full connection bar.
Waste of $25 for the five days.

Being a student working from home, during exam period, and in need of a stable and unlimited connection, this offer was music to my ears; especially seeing those full wifi bars for telstra air or fon in your internet connection settings.

Simply put... It's whack.
Apologies telstra. But please give my back my money :(

Maiko I.
Maiko I.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

I would give 0 star

Drop every second. Should not provide. This is joke. I wasted $23 for nothing. I wish they have refund policy. I highly not recommend anyone. I should checked those review before.

Poor connection, regular dropouts

As noted by just about all below connection was strong when purchasing pass, but dropped out soon thereafter. When able to reconnect (this was hit and miss), speed was average and dropouts frequent.
Avoid.

Logan R
Logan R

Scam Alert should have checked other reviews

I can't believe this company can get away with this. Once you pay the wifi suddenly it disappears and you can't use it ever again. Total scam i lost $44 on this rubbish wifi scam. Everyone be careful.

Pathetic! A rip off does not work eats up your credit while waiting endlessly to connect.

Completely useless, loose credit While trying to connect. The only thing that worked was taking payment then signing you up. A great scam for share holders with the customer getting squat! Oh, you will be charged though they get that right at warp speed! I Other than that, best of luck I suggest donate your payment to a worthy charity or look elsewhere. Very unethical! A lesson in how to over promise and under deliver and walk away with consumers money while providing them with nothing! I’m certain even the most patient soul on the planet will loose their temper with the complaint loop m, another antiquated waste of time bouncing back to the start in circles over and over its comical!

ifudge
ifudge

How are they even allowed to sell this???

If I could give it zero stars I would.
Easy to sign up and pay, but then no service provided. What a scam. And then tried to get tech support but got handballed with no solutions available. Absolutely hopeless. What a frustrating and infuriating experience. Just stay away.