99% · 1720%

GemmaMelbourne
Mal
MalCarlisle

Efficient, helpful and professional

From the time I submitted my manuscript to Fontaine/Vivid it did not take long to see it in print. Nicola, Jason and the rest of the very efficient team did a wonderful job with my book, “Into the Eternal Moment”. I made several changes during the

process and, without any fuss, my wishes were accommodate. They always responded promptly. I am very pleased with the beautiful cover as well as the style and format of the book. These guys have my tick of approval.

Tom Trifonoff
Tom Trifonoff

Great Self-Publishing Company For My Two Books

I have had two books published by Vivid/Fontaine in the last 12 months: "Pub Quizzes Ready To Use" and "The Quiz Book For Kids".

I found their expertise and advice very helpful. Jason offered me ideas on formatting, layout and general presentation. He was always prompt with email replies and took me through every step of the process in a very professional manner.

The time from submitting my manuscript to publishing was quicker than I thought, which was very welcome.

I would use Vivid/Fontaine Publishing again for my future projects. And the real bonus is that they are an Australian based company.

Cathy
Cathy2 posts

Fast,friendly, professional

I commissioned Fontaine publishing to bring my 1st picture story book to life. The process for me as a novice author was daunting but Fontaine publishing know their business. In the end it was smooth sailing. Prompt, helpful and professional they were easy to work with and I love the finished product.

John de Dijon.
John de Dijon.Melbourne

David T
David T

Absolute pleasure to work with

Fontaine worked closely with me to help realise my dream - to publish my debut novel, Helium and Honey. The journey for a novice like me is challenging and at times confusing. The team at Fontaine were patience, understanding and methodical, providing timely advice and service. Jason, Nicola-Jane, and the whole team, were an absolute pleasure to work with and I would recommend them to any prospective or established author.

brucem
brucemScarborough2 posts

Helpful and efficient

Everyone from Fontaine I had contact with was very customer focussed: they helped when I asked for it, and responded quickly and efficiently to every request. I'll use them again. Fontaine took the hassles out of the whole publishing routine.

Emily
EmilySydney

Exceptional understanding

"Eureka! an introduction to Classical Greek for young Australians" is itself a bold, non-commercial venture in producing a cross-cultural textbook for a small market. I have been delighted with the service from Fontaine in terms of promptness, quality and attention to detail, willingness to make a correction in the proof in Greek font (!), and amazing control over the delivery of the finished product within a tight timeline. Jason really seemed to understand what we were trying to achieve! The Flexicore binding will withstand even the worst students can do, and the paper and colour quality are tops. The Classical Languages Teachers Association is very grateful.

SharynG
SharynGAdelaide

Check off the bucket list

I have recently self published my first children's picture book. I was very happy with the service provided. There was always prompt and helpful advice and being able to do this all online made it very simple for me as I have a rather hectic life outside of this project.

Glenn
GlennBrisbane

I recently printed a hard cover children's book 'We Can't All Be The Same,' through Fontaine and used some of their extra publishing services. I had previously used their printing company to print another hard cover children's book 'The Mighty Kite Flight.' Both times I was extremely happy with their service. Jason was always very helpful and often went beyond what was required. Jason was usually very prompt with replies. He helped me through the whole process (especially the first time). The quality of the second book seemed even better than the one from 2 years ago. Very happy with the overall service. Glenn Martin.

Helsey
Helsey

Great Publishing Firm

I self published my first book with Fontaine Publishing Group and was very happy with the advice and support I received from Jason. The process of publishing was very new to me and the support I received was encouraging. I wouldn't hesitate to use Fontaine again

November 30th 2017 Update: Very Professional Service

I published my first book , Violence in a Box, with Fontaine Publishing Group. Being inexperienced with publishing I found Fontaine extremely helpful and they responded to my questions and emails promptly. I would not hesitate to use them again

Peter J.
Peter J.

Very Happy

I thought the Fontaine Publishing team did a great job with my book, The Devil's Spawn. They were quick to reply to emails and made the whole process smooth. Once all the details were sorted, the printing took hardly any time at all. I'm definitely going to use them again.

Jeff.V
Jeff.V

Excellent!

I've recently self-published my picture story book 'Awake' with Fontaine. The quality and production of the book was excellent and the service and support from Jason and the team at Fontaine was amazing. They are an absolute pleasure to deal with and made my first self-publishing experience easier than what I had imagined. I am very pleased with the finished product and would definitely publish another book with Fontaine. I would highly recommend them to anyone who is wanting to self-publish!

What a joke
What a joke2 posts

Mixed bag

I've self-published twice with Fontaine. They produced an amazing looking product within a reasonable time with good support. However, avoid their Print on Demand option unless you are confident you'll sell a lot overseas. It was supposed to be for overseas, but then they used it themselves to sell copies domestically to a trade customer of theirs. I got the royalties, sure, but they got the profits and there's another box of product I'd paid in full for sitting in my garage I could have sold that customer.

The post production marketing support is non-existent.

Their accounting of royalties seems a bit amateur.

Maureen J.
Maureen J.Brisbane2 posts

Delighted

Fontaine Publishing did a great job with my self-published book, 'The Kuranya'.. Jason was patience personified. The help and advice I received were invaluable in adding to the presentation of the book and - saving me money!. The finished product is everything I hoped it would be. Many thanks to Jason and the team and I would certainly recommend Fontaine Publishing to everyone!

Angela
Angela

Impressive!

Very professional, friendly and accommodating. An absolute pleasure to deal with. The whole team made publishing "Dreams and Awe" a breeze and I am very happy with the result.

Aashraya P
Aashraya P

Perfect

Fontaine Publishing was a very simple, smooth process with kind people, Ilan and Nicola, who made publishing 'Dragon Rising' an absolute breeze. They designed the cover efficiently and quickly, and answered any question in the blink of an eye, and made it incredibly easy for me, with a young age, to publish the book.

Bob F.
Bob F.

Fontaine turns in for me another Gold Medal performance

Very pleased with interpersonal skills of Fontaine staff re negotiations over printing of my book 'VANUATU. Arrival of the Europeans, 1606-1809.' Service prompt, ethical. Delighted with finished product which is just how I imagined it should be!

Angela B
Angela B

Professional and prompt service for an outstanding result

Fontaine publishing provided professional and prompt service for our book Murray-Darling Journeys (2017). Their advice and understanding led us to publishing a book that we are proud of and are excited about selling to the public. They helped design the cover and recommended flexicover binding which was a good choice for the style of book. Everyone who has seen the book has been impressed with the result. Jason and team’s patience in guiding us through the process of preparing the book for publication has made the process much easier and a more pleasant experience. We highly recommend Fontaine publishing.

Angela and Mike Bremers

Elizabeth
Elizabeth2 posts

A really professional company to work with

My entire experience with Vivid, from first approach to finished product, has been simply excellent. Yasmin, Jason & Nicola between them answered every question, proved themselves knowledgeable, efficient and delivered on their promises, without fail. When we had an unforeseen last minute query regarding the weight of the book, the matter was efficiently resolved and didn't impact on the delivery date at all. I am more than impressed and can only recommend Vivid and their great staff to any author considering the self-publishing process.

Jon de graaff
Jon de graaffSydney

Firstly very patient, quicker than expected, very friendly, professional, efficiency at its best

I thought I was giving them a hard time but what I got back was quick friendly service. I most definitely recommend Fontaine Publishing, and I'll be working with the for my future work.

Tony B
Tony B

Professional, Friendly, Encouraging - Efficient. Tony Brennan

I was nervous at approaching self-publishing with my book: 'And The Dance Goes On'. I realize now what dumb questions I asked throughout the process. Nicola handled all my queries with ease. Jason and Nicola turned out a book that startled me; it was done with such professionalism and skill that I felt proud of the end product. The cover alone was an indication of how closely they understood the plot and the period in which the book was set. I'm sending my next one to Jason this very week. Thank you Nicola and Jason.

Tim Muirhead
Tim MuirheadPerth

Efficient, friendly, reliable...a real pleasure to work with

I chose Fontaine's self-publishing arm (Vivid) to assist me with publishing my book, 'Finding Heraan', because they're located round the corner. What a stroke of luck. I'd now use them again (and again) no matter where I lived in the world. They are genuinely efficient, knowledgeable, creative and easy going. Self-publishing, rich as it is, can be filled with discomfort and awkwardness. But Jason and Nicola-Jane made me feel comfortable the whole way.

They also helped my Mum publish her memoirs 'My 90 Year Journey', and created a more beautiful product than even she had envisaged.

Louise
Louise

High Quality Book and Excellent Service

Jason and his professional team at Fontaine Publishing made 'On Active Service' stand out. Their expertise on choice of size, format and font and layout of the photographs, resulted in a high quality book which not only looks good, it even has tactile appeal. Friendly and approachable for a first-time author, outlining the publishing process and expected time-frame for each stage, I recommend them without reservation. First print run sold out !

Eleanor
Eleanor

A very professional company

Nicola at Fontaine has worked rapidly and meticulously to turn my out-of-print children's novel, 'The 89th Kitten', into an ebook. Her emails were always clear and detailed, and made the process an easy and straightforward one. She was also warm and enthusiastic, really seeming to care about the progress of the book. Eleanor Nilsson

Trev
Trev

They say what they do - then do what they say. A quality experience

I'm a male and therefore have never given birth - except to my 'baby'; my first book. After the hard-slog gestation period and final push, my nervous and abiding hope was that I was in the hands of professionals who would bring it into the world with all of the bells and baubles. Nicola and her crew delivered it - in spades. No awkward time delays, no stuffing about. It happened in a managed and timely way.

No question about going back for a second time - if I'm in the same condition again.

Gere RIHS
Gere RIHSBANGALOW

Yes ! I Will Write Your Story, my first book !

I make this very personal as Nicola-Jane Le Breton and her colleagues have acted in a most professional and constructive manner so that I could bring my first book to the public. Having had most unpleasant early contacts with other US publishers, I am quite happy to recommend Nicola-Jane and her company to anyone else considering this major step in their life...

Gere RIHS

Sudhir
Sudhir

Getting my Paperback turned into an ebook with Fontaine has been a breeze

Nicola at Fontaine has made the process of getting my paperback book "Astrology: For Those Who Won't Admit They're Interested" turned into and ebook and placed on all the major ebook sales sites, seamless and easy. I procrastinated for years doing this and now wonder why. My experience has been simple, practical, uncomplicated, professional and friendly. It's rare that one feels like one gets more than they paid for these days, but in this case I most certainly have. Brilliant. I would gladly do it again....

Denis L
Denis L

Showing the way through the jungle

My primary objective in writing a book about Papua and Papuans has been to expose and extrapolate on a way of being human, and lead one to comprehend and understand how another can be so different but have good reason and rationale for being so. After six years of hard slog writing Plantation Papua, the dreaded last challenge proved to be a breeze with the help of Yasmin and Jason who keep me on the rails with this first book, and guided me through to a most pleasing outcome.

Lena Elliott
Lena ElliottWheatbelt, WA6 posts

Turning 'something' into reality

Sometimes you feel you have something to share with the world. To create a book out of that 'something' is a journey filled with doubt, delay, distractions, dilemmas and drama. The greatest joy comes from the delivery of that 'something' that you can hold in your hand to pass onto the readers hand.

'BREAD ON THE TABLE' was printed to a standard above my expectations-Thank you to Jason and team for helping me turn that 'something' into reality. Lena Elliott

Margaret
MargaretPerth

Margaret Muirhead

After five years of writing my memoirs, "My 90 Year Journey", Jason and his team were amazingly wise, creative and helpful

in putting my manuscript into a very well presented book. It was all done in a very short time, and at reasonable cost.

I confidently recommend Fontaine Publishing Group to anyone wishing to self-publish their literary work.

Bianca GPG
Bianca GPGCentral Coast

dorr
dorr

Top marks

A nice simple straight-forward way to self-publish an ebook.

Value for money. Very happy with the result cheers david orr

Keith.W.Lofthouse
Keith.W.LofthouseVictoria, 33802 posts

Nico
Nico

Fontaine Publishing Group make it easy

I'm not technically savvy, yet Nicola made the experience of me writing "John William Waterhouse Light and Love" and turning it into an ebook, a very enjoyable one. I may not write again but if you feel you have something to say to the world I strongly suggest you use Fontaine and the wonderful people that make it what it is.

Very Happy First Timer

As the first time author with a first time illustrator of a children's picture book, "Dangar Island, birds, barrows a ferry and me", we asked many basic questions all of which were answered patiently and promptly. The process took over a year and Yasmin and Jason were supportive throughout. I am thrilled with the book and highly recommend Fontaine Publishing Group.

Joanne Karcz

Author of "Dangar Island: birds, barrows, a ferry and me"

Guy
GuySydney2 posts

Excellent responsiveness and result

First run of a first book is a bit ( I'd imagine) like gestating a baby. Well the delivery went excellently. And Yasmin and Jason were very pro active during the gestation, even though my book 'Building Your Bali Dream Villa' had many 'firsts' in terms of format, finish, size etc. Very pleased, nice to sense some good old fashioned service in an age when its seems hard to come by.

Sue
Sue

Quality Service

The Fontaine publishing group have just delivered our book Billy and The Mad Dog. We cannot believe the quality of the product and the pre and post service that was delivered by this company. Yasmin, Nicola and Jason were quick to deliver on the various parts of the project but more importantly always available to answer any questions and discuss any changes. In fact the reply of emails, phone calls and product stages were so swift , we had trouble keeping up! They were very clear with what was required, so we were very well informed and that generated confidence from the beginning inquiry to the delivery of the books. We would recommended this company to anyone

who is interesting in publishing their own work. Thank you so much.

PennyF
PennyF3 posts
Sophie
Sophie

Professional and streamlined service

As a new author I was a little apprehensive to begin with but the team at Fontaine were professional, prompt and approachable. It's a real thrill to have 'The Scent of Eucalyptus' showcased around the globe and I love the cover design. All in all, it's been an extremely rewarding experience and I would recommend them to anybody who wants to self-publish.

Sophie Chenoweth

(Author of poetry book 'The Scent of Eucalyptus', which is an ode to her childhood growing up in the Sydney bush)

Extra Information