Foodland

Foodland (page 3 of 4)

lavender46

lavender46adelaide

Meat

Does any real meat exist in these foodland supermarkets that havent been glued? I find this happening to legs of pork, lamb, steaks and beef cuts. They all come apart when unpackaged and cooked and there are different colors throughout the meat and in parts it tastes damn well awful. You have lost several customers due to this!!!!

Scott Matthews

Scott MatthewsAdelaide

Misleading ticket prices.

Bought 2 items that were meant to be on special. The specials ticket had been placed over the full price ticket. I was then charged full price for the items. When I returned to the store to question the sale, the manager said that in small writing under the special price is written "on marked items" The special "marked" items are mixed in with the full price "unmarked" items. Misleading advertising of cost of product and dependant of consumer to remember the product pricing at point of sale. Foodland IGA Morphett Vale.

foodland great for wallaroo

Clean , friendly staff good specials i allways shop at wallaroo store new shop opens wednesday got to be good for wallaroo

Find out how Foodland compares to other Supermarkets

Cant return items to different Foodland stores - because they are independent

@carol Bond
You cant return to different Foodland shops because they are not all owned by the same company like Coles and Woolworths
So you cant expect one shop owner to pay/ credit you when you bought an item from a different shop with quite possibly a different owner...
I find Foodland stores very helpful, clean and yes SA owned which is why i support them.

SAHmum

SAHmumFullarton

I like to support local

I shop at Foodland at Frewville and the shop is lovely. It has recently been done up which helps, but the range of food is good and the quality. Especially the meat and bakery section.

Only complaint is that I have encountered some very rude teenage girls on a checkout before so they need to pull them in to line.

Can't return items to another Foodland store?

I am disabled so getting about is hard. A friend took me shopping at Munno Para Foodland where by mistake I bought pitted dried prunes instead of unpitted dried prunes. simple I thought I could return the item with my receipt to another Foodland. WRONG ... this supposedly Australian Supermarket will not let you return items at another one of the stores. WHY NOT ... Woolworths and Coles do. I can't get back to Foodland at Munno Para easily and even if I could their policy sucks. I might add it doesn't say anything like this on their receipt docket.
I now intend to tell everyone of my experience and obviously never shop at Foodland again.

D O

D O

After going to one of the larger supermarket chains today and receiving very poor customer service it made me realise how special my local Foodland is. You're always greeted at the checkout with a friendly welcome. Whenever the queues are getting too long extra staff are called up to help. The store is well managed, well-stocked and extremely well presented and easy to move around. Thank you for realising the importance of customer service and courtesy. It makes the onerous task of shopping much more pleasant.

Whats happening with your meat Foodland

I will no longer purchase meat of Foodland Salisbury North. Thats sad because I liked supporting SA. Meat packed in these trays with very tough plastic wrapping is always full of water when cooked. Obviously your pumping something into it.

I see I am not the first one to complain either. Other than the fact you cant brown your meat properly it is also ripping ppl off. I cooked a some rump recently. The weight was 800 grams and the amount of water that came off it was 265 mls. I collected it.

I am paying for that weight and I am not happy. You have lost a loyal customer Foodland. Buck up

Anon

Anon

Off Seafood - Freville Store

It's happened twice now where we've bought off Seafood from the Freville Store - Oysters and Prawns. Disappointingly staff could not care less either. Made a comment about it on the Foodland Facebook page and it was deleted.

Neck chops under lamb 4 quarter chops

i stopped shopping at the local butcher because our Foodland was far superior - however meat quality is slipping - so disappointed to find 2 disgusting gristle filled neck chops hidden under the 4 quarter that I paid for! Don't be like Coles
And Woolies please!!

paulc1051

paulc1051South Australia, 5039

Foodland Fulham Gardens South Australia

Tania

TaniaCleve

Thanks for SA but .......

I loved the opportunity to shop locally until now! Management at the Cleve store has changed and it it super bad!! Shelves are empty - bread is being sold whilst stale - but the most unforgivable error is for the basic staple of potatoes to be out of stock for 5 days! Please do a quality control check of the Cleve store - the staff are awesome as u will see - but to be expected to pay full price for stock that is obviously out of date is wrong!! Everyone in town is talking about travelling 300kms round trip to get decent supplies! PS The meat section is usually bloody great!!
Meat section
Specials run out the morning they are posted

Charlie

CharlieAdelaide

Not my ideal supermarket

I recently purchased steak from the salisbury north drake foodland store and when I opened it, it was full of water and I also saw a mud cake on the shelf with no lid, I informed one of the staff but they didn't do much about it, they seemed too busy to care! Ridiculous!
it's close to home
customer service

nunchycrut

nunchycrutMawson Lakes

No response to complaint

I have always shopped at Foodland as I truly beleive in supporting local South Aussie business. recently however I had decided to change due to being sold some meat that when I got home I found out was inedible. It was actually green.

I had photos and receipts. I tried contacting the specific store number of times and was never called back, I also emailed them but the email address listed on the official foodland website bounced. I then emailed the foodland head office with all the information and they too have ignored my complaint.

No customer service

hermina

herminanorth haven

Go foodland go...

I love shopping at Foodland. A different feel to "Big Two" and diverse products. The best shops are the recently revamped Drake stores with their fresh bakeries and upgraded fruit and veggie section. My most favourite would be the fantastic Henley Beach supermarket? What a joy to shop there. The Norwood shop is great also and not to forget the recently renovated North Haven shop. Well done!
Drakes Foodlands are Clean, great product range, friendly staff and well priced
Some Romeo Foodlands can do with a revamp.

Ted

Ted

Excellent customer service

This shop may be a little outdated but I love it as the staff are always helpful pack your things well and will always open another checkout if busy. You never have to spend long waiting. Parking is good too. The meat is excellent quality and cheap. The only reason why I give it 4 stars is the variety isn't as vast as some other places.
They don't have enough pet variety otherwise would only shop here

Tanya Deane

Tanya DeaneAdelaide

Meat department

I do my shopping at foodland Munno Para shopping centre Main north road smithfield sa for the last six seven months the quality of the beef chop packs have been over priced and packed with mostly bone and not much meat on most of the chops and a few very big ones full of fat. I also have a big complaint about the quality of the steak it is always full of water and very tough. I cook all my meat on a goerge foreman griller plate and the drip tray is always quarter to a half full of water. The rest of the meat in the store is good and I have no other complaints about the food. The staff are always nice and polite and the weekly specials and the prices of the new products are excellent . I hope my complaint can be rectified.

Wallaroo and Gawler Foodlands - deli sections

My sister and l live in wallaroo and gawler. we both prefer to shop foodland and enjoy the good honest approach to prices and variety, especially when australian made produce is highlighted. however, even foodland slips up with smallgoods - a plentiful display of sliced meats, chicken pieces, fish and others sometimes means the product is stale or 'off'
staff are helpful and busy but checkouts run efficiently
the deli sections seem under pressure to put copious amounts of smallgoods out for appearance but at the end of the day, we have had products that are stale or even 'off'

Earl Hofert

Earl HofertAdelaide

Recent convert. Very fond of them.

Delilah

DelilahMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Spoilt for choice

We are so lucky where we live - we have a Drake, IGA and Romeo's all within 5+ minutes drive of our home (Happy Valley, O'Halloran Hill, Old Reynella, Hallett Cove). Most of the stores have been re-vamped and are super-easy to get around. The variety is excellent, especially for speciality gluten-free goods; continental cheeses etc. Some prices are more expensive than Coles and Woolies but I would rather shop with a South Australian company than those conglomerates who are taking over the food, alcohol and pub markets and provide year old deep storage produce!
Friendly, close to home, good service, good variety.

E.Baskettasked

I live in Largs Bay and am an aged pensioner, currently homebound at demand of Federal Govt. Can you deliver to my home? Have Pension Card, & visa Card but am apprehensive about using Visa because, last week I tried to buy a washing machine and my card was compromised . Waiting on Bank for new card.
Elaine Baskett (My go to shop is Foodland North Haven)

judy
judy

Sorry, I'm also a pensioner and live near the hills, Bit fare away. I would ring Foodland about deliveries. I wish you the best and stay well and safe.

E.Baskett

Good luck Judy. Haven't heard from Foodland with a positive reply but hope that on Monday they will reply.
Keep well. We must be aware of 'the arms length rule" To add to the confusion, we all have different length arms !!

Fired Up

But why post in a review site rather than ask them directly?

Jack

Jackasked

Why does the Foodland at Yankalilla frequently run out of advertised specials? The specials shelves can be empty at any time during the cycle, including the first couple of days. This happens regularly, at any time of the year and when I ask about availability, the reply is often that the supplier is responsible for stocking the shelves or the store has been busy! In my opinion both of these issues are easily addressed by effective management. JH

Fired Up

So why expect the public to know in a review site.

paws

pawsasked

Does foodland milk support dairy farmers? If it doesnt i wont buy it!

Fired Up

The milk they sell comes for dairy farmers so yes