Foodland

Foodland (page 4 of 4)

Miss Opinionator

Miss OpinionatorAdelaide

Go you mighty south aussies!

I love my mighty south aussies! I save money, they supply a great range of products and support a lot of local family owned SA businesses just like them! Some stores do need upgrades otherwise overall well equipped stores with all necessary amenities. Staff could use better and more training in certain stores even is its up to individual to use comnon sense i think lack of training and supervision is a great contributor to overall complacency
Save money, great range, local, supports local

Service Plus

Foodland is in my opinion, the best supermarket around. Not only can you easily find all the groceries you need, if you need help there is always someone around to lend you a helping hand and a smile. With cheap prices like Coles and Woolworths but the comforting feel of a small, family market, you really can't go wrong.
Excellent service, positive atmosphere, inexpensive, friendly staff
Differs from store to store

StormCrow

StormCrowMELBOURNE

Unkempt Stores, Ugly 'Home Brand' Colours, Deli Foods Sold When Out Of Date

I no longer shop at Foodland after purchasing a potato salad from their deli that was anything but freshly made.

When the lid was removed from the product on our arrival home, we gagged from the foul stench. I have no idea how their staff managed to keep straight faces while they sold it to all and sundry.

No, we didn't bother lodging a complaint. The best form of customer revenge is word of mouth, and taking your custom elsewhere.

On other counts, range of products are appallingly limited, advertised prices (in the junk mail variety) are inaccurate and not displayed in store.

Staff (mostly teens) tend to look as miserable as a wet weekend.

Darren53

Darren53ADELAIDE

Incorrect pricing

Olga Aquije

Olga AquijeAU

bad service and no much variety

I used to go to Foodland near my house nearly every two days and there was an special offer which you could get a free stuff toy every time you spend 30 dollars o more. When I went there the last time the cashier did not want to give me the toy because I mentioned at the end.Since then I decided to drive a bit far but not to go there ever again.

bad service

Cashedup

CashedupSA

OK

notcold1

notcold1AU

local stores

They promote themselves as a store that has local produce and that is a store that supports buy Australian but i have noticed that they are starting to sell a lot of foreign foods and they are putting them on special and promoting them in there weekly catalogues that you get in the post box. The stores seem very crowded and disorganised and there is always stuff on the floor and the staff are nit that helpful but in the plus side they do have great specials that save me a lot of money sometimes. They are locally owned which makes it better then giving your money to faceless suits.

Euronymous

EuronymousAU

Great supermarket

My local foodland is amazing! It is one of the gourmet ones and I genuinely love shopping there.

It has a good range of food and always good quality. The staff are friendly and helpful. I also like that they dont push the bulk-buy thing like the big supermarkets do. I live alone, I dont need a kilo of mince!! Foodland often have one-person sized quantities rather than big lots.

It is a bit more expensive than other supermarkets but I think they are worth it.
Single serves of meat
Expensive

LittleDCJ

LittleDCJAU

Foodland have great sales each week in their catalogue. I really like shopping at Foodland as it stocks all the major labels but also some relatively unknown local suppliers. It helps with supporting the local community and producers. I think more advertising should be made instore of these local items and given them more support as it's too easy to get lost in the aisle with all the other products. Prices are reasonable, food is fresh and staff are friendly, a great shopping experience.
Great product range, local produce that isn't stocks in the major supermarkets, great specials in weekly catalogue, clean stores, friendly staff, local and family owned
Nothing I can think of

Juliamer

JuliamerAU

twink118

twink118Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

This supermarket is great there are a lot of them located all around SA in easy to get to places. They have good parking and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The products that they stock are of a very high quality and they always have great specials on.
A great supermarket that really promotes what South Australia has to offer they highly promote SA goods over the imported foreign goods. I find that the fruit and veg tends to be much cheaper here. They also have a wide range of speciality foods on offer.
Nothing at all great place.

AnonymousBuyer

AnonymousBuyerSA, 5095

Foodland is great and deserves a 4.5/5, I prefer it a lot more than Supermarket Giants Coles and Woolworths. Foodland tend to have better specials and at the same time your supporting your own state as Foodland go out there way to purchase South Aussie stock.
South Australian owned, SA stock gets priority, Great specials most better than Coles/Woolies, Great bargains in the bargain bin
Different types of Foodland gets confusing (IGA, Drake, Romeo) as they have separate catalogs and specials. -- Smaller stores don't have a proper support desk so if there is a mistake with your item is harder to get a refund.

Kiriana

Kiriana

I have always preferred shopping at Foodland because I feel like I am helping out the community I live in, since it is owned locally and run locally. Many of their products are also locally made.
Locally owned - you know your money is going back into the community rather than to an over-seas owned company. Lots of really good specials. Offer rainchecks if something is not available. Always have plenty of checkouts open - unlike the other big two supermarkets. Offer a range of products and have labels on the shelves to show which products are Aussie owned.
There are several different types of Foodland, so not all of them have the same specials.

Sonsa

Sonsa

I love my local Foodland. I love how it's owned locally and it really supports local South Australian companies. Most of the time I am able to find groceries that other supermarkets don't stock anymore. Foodland always have amazing specials. I give it 5 stars easily.
Friendly personalized service, locally owned, shelves not full of own brand (black and gold, IGA and foodland brand)and not knocking out other brands, every foodland store is different. Always found in small towns.
Sometimes I want weird ingredients and it's not stocked...but then, you find that situation in other supermarket chains.

shackles87

shackles87

Overall I would recommend Foodland over other supermarkets. It is a relaxing friendly environment to shop in and they have a wide range of brands to choose from.
Foodland provides a relaxing, friendly and family oriented shopping experience. I love that Foodland provides a much wider range of brands for each product. They are willing to get things in if they don't have it. Foodland staff are always really helpful and friendly, and they will go the extra mile.
Foodland's base prices tend to be a tad pricier than mainstream supermarkets. However if you wait for their sales, you will get a much better price than anywhere else.

taniaberman

taniaberman

my local foodland is fantastic, its so big you can get lost in it. the variety is amazing. i dont have to go to separate continental shops to. get what i want. they even sell the ikea cookies my daughter loves which is fantastic becoase ikea is a long way from me. foodlands chicken, any cut, crumbed, non crumbed, whatever, is the best i have had,much better than lenords, which i do not shop at any more. the fruit and veg come straight from the grower which is half an hour away from store and is always great. buy local stay local

queues

johndurrant11

johndurrant11

Good

there is a good variety of meat products and you can find them very cheap. The staff is very friendly and helpful. you also get a good variety of other foods and prices are very good.`
you can get the basic needs here, and has a wide variety of meats. The staff is very friendly , which I haven't seen on other stores. If you need to check the availability of a particular product you can always ask the friendly staff and they will be more than happy to help you. All other products are also sold at very good rates
doesnt have outlets everywhere unlike other big stores.

pamela82

pamela82

Good

E.Baskettasked

I live in Largs Bay and am an aged pensioner, currently homebound at demand of Federal Govt. Can you deliver to my home? Have Pension Card, & visa Card but am apprehensive about using Visa because, last week I tried to buy a washing machine and my card was compromised . Waiting on Bank for new card.
Elaine Baskett (My go to shop is Foodland North Haven)

judy
judy

Sorry, I'm also a pensioner and live near the hills, Bit fare away. I would ring Foodland about deliveries. I wish you the best and stay well and safe.

E.Baskett

Good luck Judy. Haven't heard from Foodland with a positive reply but hope that on Monday they will reply.
Keep well. We must be aware of 'the arms length rule" To add to the confusion, we all have different length arms !!

Fired Up

But why post in a review site rather than ask them directly?

Jack

Jackasked

Why does the Foodland at Yankalilla frequently run out of advertised specials? The specials shelves can be empty at any time during the cycle, including the first couple of days. This happens regularly, at any time of the year and when I ask about availability, the reply is often that the supplier is responsible for stocking the shelves or the store has been busy! In my opinion both of these issues are easily addressed by effective management. JH

Fired Up

So why expect the public to know in a review site.

paws

pawsasked

Does foodland milk support dairy farmers? If it doesnt i wont buy it!

Fired Up

The milk they sell comes for dairy farmers so yes