Foodland

Foodland

Chris

ChrisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

From GO to WOAH.

This supermarket has gone from top notch to bottom notch almost overnight. The management have become deliberately deceptive and misleading in their marketing strategies. Its crystal clear that Mr.Nick has overcapitalised and expects us to pick up the bill. Sorry buddy, I am tapping out.

Billie

BillieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

HORRIBLE staff

Always treated like trash in every foodland!! Terrible staff, nothing except about 6 products Aussie owned everything else is imported!!! Staff need to be fired and hire people who are ACTUALLY trained in customer service! Pasadena foodland used to be amazing now it's disgusting and their behavior is as old as the patrons!!

ElioF

ElioFPayneham

Gala Apples from Foodland Athelstone are rubbish

I usually buy my fruit from Coles, which always tends to be very good and fresh. In particular, I like the Gala Apples and they are always crunchy when I buy them from there. I recently bought Gala Apples from Foodland and for some reason they are flowery and soft - hate that so much. I threw the whole bag of apples that I bought from Foodland Athelstone in the "green bin". Won't waste my time or money buying fruit from Foodland again. Very disappointing.

Wendy

WendyAdelaide

Very expensive

At foodland modbury. The staff are friendly. But they are very expensive. There prices are very high. The meat section looks sad .with very little selection. Woolworths and Coles much cheaper

StewMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rudeness at Sefton Park

I was overcharged because the checkout operator scanned items twice. When I queried whether this made these items free under the supermarket code I was told it was a human error and I would only receive a refund for being overcharged. When I persisted with the argument that it was their error and therefore it should meet the code, the supervisor became hostile and rude. I was told to take my money and go away. Then she walked away from the counter.
After shopping at Sefton Park for 30 years and ignoring other incidents of false specials etc, I've got to say "enough is enough". My business is going elsewhere.

Stew

Have been loyal to Foodland for over 30 years. Time to shop elsewhere.

Aynsliee

AynslieeAdelaide

Dont waste your money on meat in foodland in general

Your meat tastes like crap and sickly dont waste your money buying meat because it tastes nothing like what it actually is. One time both
Mum and myself felt sick the day after having spaghetti bolognese the night before the whole lot was wasted and chucked in the bin.

bretann

bretann

bretannMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

More Overcharging

Find out how Foodland compares to other Supermarkets

Poor standards of customer service, expired food/drinks on shelves

over charging customers

today went to foodland fulham gardens at 12.30pm where i have been shopping for the past 30+ years and i have lost count at how many times i have been over charged but today it happened 3 times in the hour i was there, twice in the deli department and then at the checkout. How many customers would have been over charged today before i pointed it out to them maybe they should do stories of this manner on tv instead of always hearing about how much supermarkets loose to theft and start hearing about how much they make on over charging the consumer.

Roger

RogerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

bad service

Being going to the Valley View Foodland for years, new owners moved in and now the service from the staff is not there, no please no thank you, charge you 10c for degradable plastic shopping bags which are not degradable. Sorry to say Foodland Valley View if you want customers, who are or should be important to you, to come back especially when you have Coles Woolworths and Aldi just around the corner teach your staff manners manners and have respect. I can see why some of the younger staff working there work as cashiers, they have no respect for customers so that is all they will do in life, they will never advance. Tell you the truth I have put up with it for over 6 months and I will not go back

lavender46

lavender46adelaide

Meat

Does any real meat exist in these foodland supermarkets that havent been glued? I find this happening to legs of pork, lamb, steaks and beef cuts. They all come apart when unpackaged and cooked and there are different colors throughout the meat and in parts it tastes damn well awful. You have lost several customers due to this!!!!

Can't return items to another Foodland store?

I am disabled so getting about is hard. A friend took me shopping at Munno Para Foodland where by mistake I bought pitted dried prunes instead of unpitted dried prunes. simple I thought I could return the item with my receipt to another Foodland. WRONG ... this supposedly Australian Supermarket will not let you return items at another one of the stores. WHY NOT ... Woolworths and Coles do. I can't get back to Foodland at Munno Para easily and even if I could their policy sucks. I might add it doesn't say anything like this on their receipt docket.
I now intend to tell everyone of my experience and obviously never shop at Foodland again.

Whats happening with your meat Foodland

I will no longer purchase meat of Foodland Salisbury North. Thats sad because I liked supporting SA. Meat packed in these trays with very tough plastic wrapping is always full of water when cooked. Obviously your pumping something into it.

I see I am not the first one to complain either. Other than the fact you cant brown your meat properly it is also ripping ppl off. I cooked a some rump recently. The weight was 800 grams and the amount of water that came off it was 265 mls. I collected it.

I am paying for that weight and I am not happy. You have lost a loyal customer Foodland. Buck up

Anon

Anon

Off Seafood - Freville Store

It's happened twice now where we've bought off Seafood from the Freville Store - Oysters and Prawns. Disappointingly staff could not care less either. Made a comment about it on the Foodland Facebook page and it was deleted.

Charlie

CharlieAdelaide

Not my ideal supermarket

I recently purchased steak from the salisbury north drake foodland store and when I opened it, it was full of water and I also saw a mud cake on the shelf with no lid, I informed one of the staff but they didn't do much about it, they seemed too busy to care! Ridiculous!
it's close to home
customer service

nunchycrut

nunchycrutMawson Lakes

No response to complaint

I have always shopped at Foodland as I truly beleive in supporting local South Aussie business. recently however I had decided to change due to being sold some meat that when I got home I found out was inedible. It was actually green.

I had photos and receipts. I tried contacting the specific store number of times and was never called back, I also emailed them but the email address listed on the official foodland website bounced. I then emailed the foodland head office with all the information and they too have ignored my complaint.

No customer service

StormCrow

StormCrowMELBOURNE

Unkempt Stores, Ugly 'Home Brand' Colours, Deli Foods Sold When Out Of Date

I no longer shop at Foodland after purchasing a potato salad from their deli that was anything but freshly made.

When the lid was removed from the product on our arrival home, we gagged from the foul stench. I have no idea how their staff managed to keep straight faces while they sold it to all and sundry.

No, we didn't bother lodging a complaint. The best form of customer revenge is word of mouth, and taking your custom elsewhere.

On other counts, range of products are appallingly limited, advertised prices (in the junk mail variety) are inaccurate and not displayed in store.

Staff (mostly teens) tend to look as miserable as a wet weekend.

E.Baskettasked

I live in Largs Bay and am an aged pensioner, currently homebound at demand of Federal Govt. Can you deliver to my home? Have Pension Card, & visa Card but am apprehensive about using Visa because, last week I tried to buy a washing machine and my card was compromised . Waiting on Bank for new card.
Elaine Baskett (My go to shop is Foodland North Haven)

judy
judy

Sorry, I'm also a pensioner and live near the hills, Bit fare away. I would ring Foodland about deliveries. I wish you the best and stay well and safe.

E.Baskett

Good luck Judy. Haven't heard from Foodland with a positive reply but hope that on Monday they will reply.
Keep well. We must be aware of 'the arms length rule" To add to the confusion, we all have different length arms !!

Fired Up

But why post in a review site rather than ask them directly?

Jack

Jackasked

Why does the Foodland at Yankalilla frequently run out of advertised specials? The specials shelves can be empty at any time during the cycle, including the first couple of days. This happens regularly, at any time of the year and when I ask about availability, the reply is often that the supplier is responsible for stocking the shelves or the store has been busy! In my opinion both of these issues are easily addressed by effective management. JH

Fired Up

So why expect the public to know in a review site.

paws

pawsasked

Does foodland milk support dairy farmers? If it doesnt i wont buy it!

Fired Up

The milk they sell comes for dairy farmers so yes