Foodland

Foodland

Julie I.

Julie I.South Australia

Too expensive

I found foodland to be more expensive than other supermarkets. How is it justified, I feel ripped off. I have to travel to buy the bulk of my shopping can't you have prices inline with the Other supermarkets. We've all got to eat, but costing more is a bit unfair. This is the reason there not busy, people go elsewhere and only get supplies if they have too.

Arty

ArtyCentral, SA

Please explain.....

Saturday 13 October...Purchased a box of Magnum ice cream.....On arriving home I opened the box...which appeared to have been correctly sealed...gave out the first two which were fine...the third one, the wrapper had been opened and half of it was missing...with teeth marks clearly visible in the ice cream/chocolate. Too late to return to store as it was 1710 and the store already closed...?????

dadndoc

dadndocSouth Australia, 5158

Not so fast checkouts

The fast checkout lines at Hallett Cove for customers with only a few items can work really well if managed fairly. Unfortunately it doesn't matter how long the queue happens to be, or even if only one or two checkout operators are on duty, priority service is ALWAYS given to anyone purchasing cigarettes. A cigarette customer who approaches the service counter from outside the shop is always served immediately, regardless of how long other customers have been waiting in the inside shop queue. Placing profits ahead of fair service appears to be the Foodland approach to its customers waiting patiently on those "not so fast" checkout lines.

Supermarkets

Find out how Foodland compares to other Supermarkets

Meat at Foodland

Chops at Mawson lakes Foodland very tough I did talk to the manager who basically said leg chops are tough - well not from other shops!!!

Special

Black and Gold Butter 500g normally $4.89 was on Special today at Drakes Surry Downs for $4.92. Printed on a yellow special ticket which was placed over the normal price.

Renovations costly to customers

Since Foodland Happy Valley have renovated its store (which is very nice) I have noticed my groceries are costing me a lot more every week. I cant afford to shop there now so have gone back to Woolworths to give them a try.

Neck chops under lamb 4 quarter chops

i stopped shopping at the local butcher because our Foodland was far superior - however meat quality is slipping - so disappointed to find 2 disgusting gristle filled neck chops hidden under the 4 quarter that I paid for! Don't be like Coles
And Woolies please!!

Tanya Deane

Tanya DeaneAdelaide

Meat department

I do my shopping at foodland Munno Para shopping centre Main north road smithfield sa for the last six seven months the quality of the beef chop packs have been over priced and packed with mostly bone and not much meat on most of the chops and a few very big ones full of fat. I also have a big complaint about the quality of the steak it is always full of water and very tough. I cook all my meat on a goerge foreman griller plate and the drip tray is always quarter to a half full of water. The rest of the meat in the store is good and I have no other complaints about the food. The staff are always nice and polite and the weekly specials and the prices of the new products are excellent . I hope my complaint can be rectified.

Cashedup

CashedupSA

OK

Supermarkets

Find out how Foodland compares to other Supermarkets

notcold1

notcold1AU

local stores

They promote themselves as a store that has local produce and that is a store that supports buy Australian but i have noticed that they are starting to sell a lot of foreign foods and they are putting them on special and promoting them in there weekly catalogues that you get in the post box. The stores seem very crowded and disorganised and there is always stuff on the floor and the staff are nit that helpful but in the plus side they do have great specials that save me a lot of money sometimes. They are locally owned which makes it better then giving your money to faceless suits.

E.Baskettasked

I live in Largs Bay and am an aged pensioner, currently homebound at demand of Federal Govt. Can you deliver to my home? Have Pension Card, & visa Card but am apprehensive about using Visa because, last week I tried to buy a washing machine and my card was compromised . Waiting on Bank for new card.
Elaine Baskett (My go to shop is Foodland North Haven)

judy
judy

Sorry, I'm also a pensioner and live near the hills, Bit fare away. I would ring Foodland about deliveries. I wish you the best and stay well and safe.

E.Baskett

Good luck Judy. Haven't heard from Foodland with a positive reply but hope that on Monday they will reply.
Keep well. We must be aware of 'the arms length rule" To add to the confusion, we all have different length arms !!

Fired Up

But why post in a review site rather than ask them directly?

Jack

Jackasked

Why does the Foodland at Yankalilla frequently run out of advertised specials? The specials shelves can be empty at any time during the cycle, including the first couple of days. This happens regularly, at any time of the year and when I ask about availability, the reply is often that the supplier is responsible for stocking the shelves or the store has been busy! In my opinion both of these issues are easily addressed by effective management. JH

Fired Up

So why expect the public to know in a review site.

paws

pawsasked

Does foodland milk support dairy farmers? If it doesnt i wont buy it!

Fired Up

The milk they sell comes for dairy farmers so yes