Foodland

Foodland

william l.

william l.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Specialty Foods Street Eats Greek Lamb Yiros Souvlaki Kebab Meat Raw & Marinated 500g.

This has to be the most disgusting thing I've ever cooked. It appears to be left over bits of fat and gristle randomly chopped up and marinated in god knows what. I lived 10 years in the middle east and served up kebabs for 4 years so I have some insight.

Nina

NinaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Foodland Drake's North Haven.

I was pleasantly surprised by the range and quality of products. Bravo! What would make it even better would be a diverse range of age and cultures in the Frontline staff.

Peter B

Peter BEyre Peninsula, SA

Friendly service

Always served by a friendly face and have never had to wait in a line to be served and is one of the few places I buy cold meat and fresh meat products due to the high quality and low prices.

Supermarkets

Find out how Foodland compares to other Supermarkets

Jebz

JebzMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Foodland North Haven - Really Good

Happy with the service there all the time. Food is really good, baked breads are awesome, they put specials on at the end of the night to clear and markdowns are great. The meat can sometimes be a bit hit and miss but overall really happy.

Cant return items to different Foodland stores - because they are independent

@carol Bond
You cant return to different Foodland shops because they are not all owned by the same company like Coles and Woolworths
So you cant expect one shop owner to pay/ credit you when you bought an item from a different shop with quite possibly a different owner...
I find Foodland stores very helpful, clean and yes SA owned which is why i support them.

SAHmum

SAHmumFullarton

I like to support local

I shop at Foodland at Frewville and the shop is lovely. It has recently been done up which helps, but the range of food is good and the quality. Especially the meat and bakery section.

Only complaint is that I have encountered some very rude teenage girls on a checkout before so they need to pull them in to line.

Ted

Ted

Excellent customer service

This shop may be a little outdated but I love it as the staff are always helpful pack your things well and will always open another checkout if busy. You never have to spend long waiting. Parking is good too. The meat is excellent quality and cheap. The only reason why I give it 4 stars is the variety isn't as vast as some other places.
They don't have enough pet variety otherwise would only shop here

Wallaroo and Gawler Foodlands - deli sections

My sister and l live in wallaroo and gawler. we both prefer to shop foodland and enjoy the good honest approach to prices and variety, especially when australian made produce is highlighted. however, even foodland slips up with smallgoods - a plentiful display of sliced meats, chicken pieces, fish and others sometimes means the product is stale or 'off'
staff are helpful and busy but checkouts run efficiently
the deli sections seem under pressure to put copious amounts of smallgoods out for appearance but at the end of the day, we have had products that are stale or even 'off'

Delilah

DelilahMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Spoilt for choice

We are so lucky where we live - we have a Drake, IGA and Romeo's all within 5+ minutes drive of our home (Happy Valley, O'Halloran Hill, Old Reynella, Hallett Cove). Most of the stores have been re-vamped and are super-easy to get around. The variety is excellent, especially for speciality gluten-free goods; continental cheeses etc. Some prices are more expensive than Coles and Woolies but I would rather shop with a South Australian company than those conglomerates who are taking over the food, alcohol and pub markets and provide year old deep storage produce!
Friendly, close to home, good service, good variety.

Supermarkets

Find out how Foodland compares to other Supermarkets

johndurrant11

johndurrant11

Good

there is a good variety of meat products and you can find them very cheap. The staff is very friendly and helpful. you also get a good variety of other foods and prices are very good.`
you can get the basic needs here, and has a wide variety of meats. The staff is very friendly , which I haven't seen on other stores. If you need to check the availability of a particular product you can always ask the friendly staff and they will be more than happy to help you. All other products are also sold at very good rates
doesnt have outlets everywhere unlike other big stores.

pamela82

pamela82

Good

E.Baskettasked

I live in Largs Bay and am an aged pensioner, currently homebound at demand of Federal Govt. Can you deliver to my home? Have Pension Card, & visa Card but am apprehensive about using Visa because, last week I tried to buy a washing machine and my card was compromised . Waiting on Bank for new card.
Elaine Baskett (My go to shop is Foodland North Haven)

judy
judy

Sorry, I'm also a pensioner and live near the hills, Bit fare away. I would ring Foodland about deliveries. I wish you the best and stay well and safe.

E.Baskett

Good luck Judy. Haven't heard from Foodland with a positive reply but hope that on Monday they will reply.
Keep well. We must be aware of 'the arms length rule" To add to the confusion, we all have different length arms !!

Fired Up

But why post in a review site rather than ask them directly?

Jack

Jackasked

Why does the Foodland at Yankalilla frequently run out of advertised specials? The specials shelves can be empty at any time during the cycle, including the first couple of days. This happens regularly, at any time of the year and when I ask about availability, the reply is often that the supplier is responsible for stocking the shelves or the store has been busy! In my opinion both of these issues are easily addressed by effective management. JH

Fired Up

So why expect the public to know in a review site.

paws

pawsasked

Does foodland milk support dairy farmers? If it doesnt i wont buy it!

Fired Up

The milk they sell comes for dairy farmers so yes