6Ford Escape

Ford Escape Questions & Answers

GRAHAM
GRAHAM · Escape ZD (2008-2012)

My ZD Escape 72000 KL old has a problem with starting key turns as it has too. How ever it cranks but fail to Fire. I have sourced various answers of which replacement of the Inner key mechanism and possible replacement of the firing switch. My question is am I going in the right direction, Plus are these 2 items available in Cairns Australia or were else. The installation will be done by my local mechanic. That the problem I hope I trust that you can be of assistance in this urgent matter. Graham Burford Cairns grahamburford@bigpond.com

GRAHAM & JOY BURFORD
[Personal Details Removed]

John E.
John E.

We have the same problem. Mechanics have been unable to solve. We apply brake, jiggle the shifter and turn the key. Eventually starts. Ford advised to buy a new Ford.

Tracey Z.
Tracey Z. · Escape

Will a gearbox from a2001 4 cylinder auto fit into a 2008 4 cylinder auto ford escape

Gracie B.
Gracie B. · Escape ZD (2008-2012)

Do you sell parts for a Ford Escape ZD 2012 please?looking for a outer left tail light for my dad's car,so hard to find it.

Petyer E
Petyer E · Escape

Hi we have a 2006 ZC FORD ESCAPE the heart switch is broken and radio not working dose any one know if a ZB or ZD would fit as the ZC are hard to get.
Peter

Craig
Craig

yes both the radio and heater modules are the same including the colour between zc and zd.

note the radio needs to come with a code " that is hand written in the owners hand book. so unless there is a 4 number code dont buy it.

there are 2 different moduals for heater control, you have the xls manual unit, I am unsure that the push button climate control unit will work.

by the way you canbuy on ebay a zc,zd facia that will accept a double din android radio for a avery cheep price. if you want TPMS , SAT nav, blue tooth, obd2 diag and reversing camera. now would be a great time to do it.

PhilS
PhilS · Escape BA/ZB (2001-2007)

How to replace odometer backlight.

Doomadgee
Doomadgee · Escape ZD (2008-2012)

Have a 2010 Ford Escape with the digital readout for climate control. When you switch on the air the air switches on but no fan. You go over a bump in the road or close the door or glove box sometimes it comes on (fan). Checked all the fuses and seem to be fine.

Fabio Granados
Fabio Granados

Bad electrical connection

Doomadgee

Ended up removing the glovebox and playing around with the wiring into the fan and it’s working now. Your 100% right.

bur b.
bur b.

Time to change the motor brother. I did mine after 3 months fiddling around

Petrus E.
Petrus E. · Escape

My escape loos water out of the resevoir it cooks out

Blown a head gasket?

George P.
George P. · ZG Trend (2016-2024)

How accurate is the fuel rating ie 5.5litres/100 km for the ZG Trend diesel.
Had a Ford Escape ST Line 2.0lt. turbo AWD that that had a fuel rating of 8.5lt/100km combined when in actual fact was over 11lt./100km and a poor 9 lt/100km country driving

Damon
Damon

I have a titanium, country driving I get an average of around 8lt/100km, in fact I drove from Perth to Sydney at Christmas and after driving around Adelaide and Melbourne got 7.2lt/100km. In Sydney traffic I'm currently getting around 10.5-11lt/100km. I use unleaded 98. My escape is an early 2019.

Stay away
Stay away · Escape ZD (2008-2012)

does the Ford Escape 2009 have a clock on the dashboard or on the radio I can't find one

derek
derek

The clock is displayed on the map display section …. at the top.

Gerard B.
Gerard B. · ZG ST-Line (2016-2024)

2016 Ford Escape: 45,000 km.
Muffler needs to be replaced. Just over 3 years old. Out of warranty for exhaust system. Will cost $700 to $1,000 to replace.
Anyone have problems with muffler so early on Escapes?

Tup
Tup · Escape ZG (2016-2024)

Has anyone experienced one or more cracked windscreens in the Escape?

My escape was 3 weeks old. I have had 2 massive cracks in a matter of weeks. The first one occured and there were no windscreens in the country. When I was driving back from it finally being replaced i got another small chip that turned into a 50cm crack across my windscreen.

I have had 2 cars previous with not one chip now two stone chips turning into cracks across my windscreen in a matter of days. So very interested to see if someone else has the same problem?

Andy1969
Andy1969 · Escape BA/ZB (2001-2007)

Hi,

I am looking at a 2007 2.3l 4cylinder Escape. It has 127,000km on it and looks well cared for. My question is regarding the gearbox. Is the 4 cylinder equipped with the same gearbox that the V6 model has? The one that is prone to failure at around 150,000km.

John S
John S

I have a 2006 2.3l Escape I have been told by my Transmission Specialist the 4Cyl model has a different Automatic and he told me I had done the right thing by buying the 4 cyl Model as the 6 cyl are very thirsty and are well known for Transmission Failure I have over 200000Km on Clock and very happy

Ken
Ken · Escape BA/ZB (2001-2007)

I am looking at buying a 2004 Limited V6, only 130K and immaculate condition. All the reports of problems are putting me off so wondering if its worth the risk for $5500? Help!

Hiedi
Hiedi · Escape BA/ZB (2001-2007)

Are these cars good on fuel around town?

Rob
Rob

We get around 8.0 l/100km around town and around 6.5 on long trip.

Mo1n0se
Mo1n0se · Escape ZG (2016-2024)

Looking to get a Ford Escape ambiente 2017 brand new and just curious to see anyone's experiences with this model to date?

TheSoloTraveler
TheSoloTraveler · Escape BA/ZB (2001-2007)

looking forward to buy this one, can you recommend it? Thanks alot. https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Ford-Escape-2003/OAG-AD-14878788/?Cr=0

Bluey

I am super impressed by the Ford Escape. I drove it to Southern Queensland & the driver comfort & ease of operation was outstanding.

Petrol consumption was very fair considering the pace (legal) that we were achieving to get to our destination.

Overtaking & visibility were two of the many driver handling issues that made our trip a joy !

Very little road noise helped with concentration levels.

Bluey

Very little road noise helped with concentration levels.

Charlie M
Charlie M · Escape ZD (2008-2012)

Looking at a second hand 2010 model Escape. Was wondering if people who own one would recommend them.

Thanks, Charlie.

Hi Charlie,

Not sure what you're budget is, however from experience I can recommend the Subaru Forester over this Ford Escape. They are similar sized vehicles, however you will be pleased with the Foresters agility, safety and quality. They are fantastic and very popular SUVs.

Let me know your thoughts happy to help,

Charlie M

Hi Daniel. The one I'm looking at is about 11k on road with 54000 km. That's about my max budget.

I prefer the subaru, i own a Liberty, but to much for me for similar year and kilometers.

Ta,

Charlie

Ssss
Ssss

$11 000 for 54 000km is a good deal, I believe Subaru is more expensive in servicing due to the opposite engine and more expensive parts

Carl
Carl · Escape BA/ZB (2001-2007)

I am going camping and need to cross a salt water creek. Can anyone advise as to the maximum depth I can safely cross before water could reach the air intake?

Daniel

I believe you shouldn't have any issues as far as sucking in water goes. What your real problem could potentially be is; Ford Escapes lack diff breathers, so in retrospect you really shouldn't be risking water crossings any deeper than your rear diff. ie. 300mm, however, I've crossed several rivers 300mm in my old Outback without an issue. To directly answer your question, however, I would open the bonnet of your car and measure the distance from the air intake to the ground. Have you seen this salt water crossing before, how deep do you believe it is? There are so many factors other than the depth of the water when your 4WDing and especially water crossings. If this information can't be found out

megaworker
megaworker · Escape BA/ZB (2001-2007)

Red light staying on in dash not sure what it is looks like battery but is not?

Rav

Don't know about that, please refer to your car operation manual or see your mechanic. If it looks like an engine icon red light then please go to mechanic. I'm getting my 2006 Escape serviced today... log book servicing every ten thousand k's. I got four new tyres put on about four years... they are still going... still has good tread on them... tread depth is 12mm... 1.2cm. Always look for higher number of treadwear on the tyre to get many years of usage. Always do wheel balance and alignment for new tyres. Hope this info helps.

jason35177
jason35177 · Escape BA/ZB (2001-2007)

How would a V6 Escape go towing a 18ft boat? Its well within its towing capacity

Rav

It'll go very well. You'll definitely need a V6 Escape for better towing then a 4cyl. Use the Overdrive button on freeway/highway only. Do a test drive in your area to see how it goes.

jason35177

I was concerned about it not having the towing capacity but the V6 has 1600kg limit which is ok. Tow ball weight needs to be under 160kg and the boats hitch is 140kg so that good. Cheers

ford boy
ford boy

Do not tow anything like max towing capacity V6 do not have got a good reputation with there gear box, Mine had been use for towing ( SHOULD HAVE KNOW HAD ELECTRIC BRAKES FITTED) and at 130,00 had to replace gearbox ( I mean replace as a clip breaks and if not picked up straight away destroys the box)

I was told, but don't know if true that Ford drop the V6 as they where having trouble with people towing heavy loads and Territory was better for this and V6 was eating into Territory sales.

Other wise it is a great vehicle in ZC V6 XLT Black. I bought V6 ZC for myself after having bought a 4ycl ZD new for my wife and found it to be a great replacement for our previous CRV ( new Model at time had a body change and I could not get in and out of it with my damaged knee as easy as old model) Both are great vehicle having no other problems with them. If I was to buy again I would have bought second 4 cyl as fuel economy is much better and around town do not need V6 performance. Great cruiser on highway.

jason35177

Ive had my V6 escape for a couple years now. Done heaps of towing with the 18ft boat and towing race car to race meets. Only drama is on hot days, aircon doesn't work well. I should add that i bought mine with a broken tranny. Auto transmission place told me the clutch drums are weak so he replaced mine with a aftermarket one. Its coped a flogging on the beach! I burnt the tranny fluid and needed to change it. Easy to do yourself. Super reliable car! Clicked 80.000km with little dramas if any.

Get an answer from our members and Ford representatives

Select a listing for your question
Ford Escape