6Ford Escape

Ford Escape Questions & Answers (page 2)

alf
alf · Escape BA/ZB (2001-2007)

Looking at buying 2005 Ford escape v6 167000 km in decent condition inside and out isles smoothly gear change smooth $3500 happy with price but concerned by some bad reviews want advice.

anthonycrosby

V6 will average 16-18L/100km for city driving. Freeway driving may get down to 11L/100km.

Craig Smith
Craig Smith · Escape BA/ZB (2001-2007)

can you please tell me about the remote control that when a person buys a new 2002 model ford escape whate dose the remote control look like thate locks and opens all of the doors of this car

anthonycrosby

The remote control is not integrated into the key for a 2001 BA. The remote control is a small plastic rectangle unit that attaches to the key ring. It has two buttons: Lock and Unlock.

Wayne
Wayne · Escape BA/ZB (2001-2007)

My Escape is nearly three years old with 60,000klm on the clock. Always Ford serviced with most driving long trips. Recently the transmission is squealing when trying to downshift to progress around corners. Dealer says nothing to worry about and the computer test indicates no problem?

Any one else having this problem.

Some interesting reports of transmission problems on the nett.

anthonycrosby

My BA auto gearbox failed without warning: teh gears are in paris so I lost 2nd/4th. Ford provided a new gearbox (I paid as out of warranty for $5500). New box only comes with a 6 month warranty. It failed 15000km later outside of the warranty. My suggestion: go to a local automatic gearbox reapir shop and get advice. They will probably advise over the phone. The Escape is a lemon. By the way repairing my gearbox (teh second one) was only $2200 and came with a 6mth warranty. Never trust a ford dealer.

pAringa pete

Ive had no problems with my escape We do both country and city driving Its an automatic box tho not manual

My wife loves it . Definitely not a lemon even though we only have basic model ,

Angus54
Angus54 · Escape BA/ZB (2001-2007)

I am looking at buying a ford escape 2001 is there anything I should look for when test driving?

lerchie
lerchie

Hi angus

i only have a 2011 escape & i love it

no problems at all

regards robin

pAringa pete

Get the six cylinder make sure computer has upgraded software some had idle problems

Don't drive in deep water can get a warped manifold. My rear door lock actuator has stuffed up have to lock manually. My wife loves hers apart from this. Have a 2004 model

HenryS
HenryS

I have owned the 2001 V6 XLS BA model since 2005. I am now very reluctantly looking at trading in for a people mover as the family has grown. Though the trade-in quote is not impressive Thinking of selling privately.

In your quest, Look for worn front disc rotors, (The originals were quite soft). I needed to replace mine at around 70, 000 Kms. The warning lights can flicker- generally dirty connections or faulty sensor. Check for disconeccted units. Check under the roof rails for rust and Make sure it is the rail and not the roof!! Make sure you get or re-enter the security code for the original radio and write it down somewhere.

Get the diff locked checked as If it has been left engaged during driving on anything other than mud or loose sand. This can stuff up the diff very quickly.

As with "pAringa pete" the tailgate lock now only works manually. Though if I lock and unlock manualy at the tailgate it engages the central locking.

Rav
Rav

I suggest you buy models from 2006 and up. I have 2006 model, much improved. Gear selector is on the floor... no column shift. Improved interior design especially air vents for better air flow. My rear door lock actuator is broken so it doesn't lock... I'm going to buy the actuator on ebay and install it myself. It's runs on timing chain engine so no need to replace anything... will last for the life of the engine unlike timing belts. Mine is 2006 4cyl 2.3L XLT ZC.

Dave5040
Dave5040 · Escape BA/ZB (2001-2007)

Can it be converted to LPG??

Anthony Abela
Anthony Abela

Yes you most definately can. I did mine with someone who knows the game. It is Gas fuel injected, the same as dedicated gas that Ford do. There is hardly any difference between petrol and gas except slightly ,when going uphill. I love it and this new direct injection has just been released some 12 months ago or so. I will help you in youe-mail me as there is so much to praise this new system.

Get an answer from our members and Ford representatives

Select a listing for your question
Ford Escape