48Ford Everest

Ford Everest Questions & Answers (page 2)

Max
Max · Everest UA II (2018-2022)

Ford Everest: 'thump' noise on 5-6 gearshift

This relates to the review with the above title. My Everest had a similar issue between 2nd and 3rd when up changing and backing off the throttle. Ford did a number of software updates, but the problem went away after I towed a 2t boat on an 800km return trip. Never happened since, that was on the 50,000kms mark. Anyone have a similar experience?

Peter
Peter

I have a similar issue , my Everest has just done 120k, still has the "thumping" ford cannot find issue frustrating

Robert M.
Robert M. · Everest

What is the difference between series UA II & UA on a 2018 Ford Everest Trent?
Also what is the difference between MY18 & MY19 on a 2018 Everest Trend's?

Sam
Sam

The difference between UA II and UA on the Ford Everest Trend is. In addition to the great suite of features on the UA, the UA II gains a full leather interior, Bi-Turbo engine with 10 speed automatic transmission (bringing the braked towing capicty up 100 kilograms) Black interior panels, LED headlights, acoustic windscreen, updated grill to name a few.

marie
marie · Everest

any one tell me of any issues with the ford everest 2017 thinking of that or a 2015 parado, advise please

Alex J.

See my review all known/reported common issues listed.

DIANNE
DIANNE · Everest UA (2015-2018)

Can you leave lights on

Hi Dianne,

Yes it has auto off after a few minutes, however, you will receive a chime warning when you take the key out of the ignition if you have left the lights on.

Cheers
Alex

Kaycee E.
Kaycee E. · Everest

Hi Looking at getting a second hand Ford Everest titanium 2015-2017 7-seater just wanting to know what is the boot space like with all 3 rows up. Would I be able to fit a pram in it

Hi Kaycee,
The boot space with all three rows up is approximately 2ft deep (a couple full shopping bags) and 3 ft high, not that ideal for the infant size prams but probably ok for those folding toddler strollers. Whereas if you have the rear seat row down then the boot space is excellent. Getting kids in the last row of seats is not easy also you will need to load them from the boot, as access from the back doors to the last row of seats is not fantastic. The Everest titanium 3.2L model is really safe for kids as it has lots of kids proof safety features (rear door lock out, seat belt not engaged warnings, window lockout, aircon lock out etc) a solid chassis, reinforced doors + 360 airbags that will withstand a high speed collision reasonably well and is high up, wont roll easily due to the traction control, but as said you wont get the space of a family wagon, the latter gives you room but you compromise safety, as its just a thin metal box with wheels.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Alex

Tony P.
Tony P. · Everest

Has anyone out there had any luck in improving ride quality? I have a 2017 Titanium and the only thing letting it down is the quality of the ride. I drive a lot of back/country roads and if i have passengers they complain about the poor ride in the rear.

Candice
Candice · Everest

Hi I have a 2015 Ford Everest Trend and randomly it just won’t start. The engine will crank but just not start. If I let the car sit for a few minutes it will then start perfectly, like nothing was wrong.
The other issue that I have randomly is that I can’t keep the car running. If it’s in park it will idle but as soon as I put it into gear the car will die. I have to ride the brake in order to keep the car running so that I can accelerate and get the car to drive however, as soon as I start braking and slowing down, the car will just shutdown. When I accelerate at times, the car is also non responsive. It won’t go anywhere but it also doesn’t rev.
Everytime I take it to the dealers, it doesn’t occur for them and my computer does not record any fault.
Has anyone had this issue as it’s a dangerous and life threatening issue if I get caught in an intersection and my car switches off or becomes non reaponsive

Angela B

Do you use a dash cam? If it is recording it will record the issues with the car in so far as what you were doing at the time ie still at a stop sign, and when you went to take off it died etc? They may be able to review the footage to see if you just drove a large hill or something that put something under strain? I really can't offer more than that other that I had an intermittent stereo/navigation issue with mine that never played up for them and I know that was super frustrating for us all. I filmed it on my phone once and that was a huge help for them to see it ycling through the issue rather than me just trying to explain it? Sorry... Not a mechanic....

John S.
John S. · Everest

Overall length of everest?

Motovert
Motovert

4892 mm

John S.
John S. · Everest

What is the overall length of the trend?

PTs
PTs · Everest

I have a 2017 Everest Trend in Sunset Red and to my mind the paint work seems very poor when it comes to resilience, it seems to wear and chip very easily, even the paint on floor of the sill on the drivers door is wearing off. I use it every day to go to work and work in an office environment so standard dress shoes. it seems to me that the paint is very thin and has no body or substance to it. Has anybody else noticed or experienced this?

Perry
Perry · Everest

Good am..what is the common parts in the new ford everest trend 2018 model that usually be replaced when it reaches 30,000 mileage? Because i was told that i alteady have to replace my LEFT SHOCKABSORBER coz i has la leak..How does it happend? Whats the explanation behind this? Pls enlightened me.

Perry

roon
roon

That is a warranty item failure. Only service items at that mileage. Oils filters etc probably from new unless you really pound your eve

Ella
Ella · Everest

Seeking information about problems with fuel line clips, loose battery cables or broken plastic cover on the battery. I'm having issues with my new (2017) Ford Everest. Would love to hear from you. Ella

TomS
TomS · Everest

Hi. Has anyone carried a car topper boat on top of their Everest. If so what roof rack did you use and how did it go? Thanks for any help.

Big Jim
Big Jim · Everest

Is it normal for brand new 2018 Ford Everest cast engine body and exhaust header to be coated in rust?

Don
Don · Everest

I need to have the accelerator and brake pedals swapped around (I'm a disabled driver) but mechanical engineers can't do it. I don't understand why not. Any clues?

Sandy
Sandy

I would think it could be done. I would think in an Automatic Everest the brake pedal could be left where it is and the left foot rest could be removed and the accelerator pedal could be duplicated so that you have two accelerator pedals so that someone that doesn't have a disability can drive the car as well. My reasons for saying this is I did a google and I came up with these two places and there would be more, I found these in a few minutes. Look halfway down both pages https://www.gilaniengineering.com.au/ndis/vsccs-engineering/dual-control-pedal-modification/ and this one http://franksengineering.com.au/disability-driving-aids/ I hope you find what you want because a proper engineer can redesign things. You might have to copy and paste the links to get access and if you have trouble the two places are Gilani Engineering

info@gilaniengineering.com.au

Email: sales@franksengineering.com.au

Phone: +613 9354 0400

Fax: +613 9354 0344

Angela B

I'm late to the party on this one, but I could only suggest the Everest/Rangers are particularly fussy about anyone playing with their electrics and can go into LIMP mode if the slightest move isn't perfect. I can only suggest this might be why the modification is being avoided by anyone to do it? I would imagine there is a lot of pre collision wiring etc in there and they don't want to touch it? I have the TREND 2WD and know that it's pretty intense with all the sensors etc. I hope by now you found someone to do it for you?

Fanie · Everest

Is it normal for the 3.2 Everest (1 700km on the clock) to spit out a cloud of smoke when started in the morning?

Jins
Jins

Hi Fanie,

No,it is not normal,have checked with ford service to find out whether it’s because adblue or some other reasons.

terry.johnsen
terry.johnsen

It might be. If the morning is very cold and you crank the motor without waiting for the glow plugs to heat up you may get a white cloud up unburnt fuel coming out the exhaust. If you have no idea what i am talking about then read the operating manual.

DOOMSDAYER
DOOMSDAYER

You have faulty glow plugs. They are on recall as they fail early.Mine were all swapped out,No dash warning.Use a forscan or similar or any mechanic can read code.3 out of 5 of mine had failed

Fanie

I have determined that it is definitely not normal by talking to various 3.2 owners in South Africa. I have left the ignition on for 5 minutes before cranking the motor. I have even turning the ignition on and of 5 consecutive times, but no success. Numerous tests were done by the local Ford dealers(including testing the injectors), Glow Plugs were replaced, the software were updated once and totally redone once and the Exhaust Gas Temperature sensor replaced (that was after I saw that possibility on a Ford Everest SA facebook group), but no success. I have taken this matter up with Ford SA CEO seeing that I have seen speculation that other Ford 3.2 engines packed up after just over 100 000 km on the clock and all of them with problems on no 3 injector and that is not where I want to end.

Steven Seagull
Steven Seagull · Everest

What country is the Everest manufactured in ?

Pat M
Pat M

Thailand same factory the Ranger and Mazda BT50.

Brian
Brian

The everest and it's sister the ranger is built in thailand. The factory is between bangkok and pattaya,

Get an answer from our members and Ford representatives

Select a listing for your question
Ford Everest