48Ford Everest

UA II Trend 4WD 2.0L
Sam
SamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

The perfect SUV, especially after my failing Landcruiser 200

After being treated terribly along with many issues including engine and suspension issues on our 2017 Landcruiser 200 series, our Ford dealer and Everest Titanium (Sunset Red) was a sigh relief.
After now travelling around the majority of this great southern land, we are proud to be Ford! Show details
Alex J.
Alex J.5 posts
harry
harry

ford everest

same thing with my everest trend my17 but my doing it from 2nd to 3rd gear ford dealer replace leading frame and valve body got car buck stil problem is present told need to drive for 200 to 300 kms Show details
Angela B
Motovert
Motovert3 posts
  UA II Trend RWD 2.0L

Plastic trim faulty

Bought my Everest trend new nearly a year ago and have found the black plastic trim around the bottom of the windscreen turning grey and weathered, back to the dealer to report as a warranty issue, no real help from them Ford hasn't flaged it as quality alert so they can't help me, I was told to raise the issue with Ford directly all good get claim number from them then get a call from a case manager, they told me that the dealer doesn't see it as a issue so neither did they. I think they know they have a problem but they are trying to ignore it to avoid a recall. They should tell you when you pick up your $50k plus car that. Oh by the way your black plastic trim we be grey in year. Lol

Paul
PaulBrisbane9 posts
  UA II Trend 4WD 3.2L

Great vehicle for a huge range of uses!

Bought our new MY19 Trend. Decided to go with the 3.2 LT 5 cylinder as the torque rating was better than the 2.0lt 10 speed. Haven't had it long but loving the build and drive quality of the vehicle. Purchase included nudge bar, roof racks and tow bar. Great sound system and all the tech that you need. The only downside is a lack of storage space. Whilst the total volume of storage in the back is huge with the 3rd row seats folded down it would be handy to have a few small compartments to store recovery equipment in etc. Just love the vehicle though!

Lbalyan
LbalyanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts
  UA

3.2 Titanium 2017 99k and solid drive with few minor issues!

We bought the demo 2017 last year when it had around 5k odo now it has now 18 k reading but we have absolutely no issues at all.

Have all the factory fittings no mods at all , have done bit of 4wd as well but no towing. We originally bought it as a family 7 seater , hoping to tow in future!

The car drives like a dream, with absolutely no problems till now!

Show details ·  1

Lotus Hunter
Lotus HunterPerth2 posts
  UA II Trend 4WD 3.2L

Great car no faults no rattles. Car is perfect it replaced my 2014 prado the Everest is very refined

Great car no issues.

Heaps better than my 2014 prado a heap more refined. Car has no rattles or issues. Great to drive and tows a 2.7 tonne caravan easily. The high beam is not the best. My kids love the car is very comfortable and great off-road. Totally recommend this car done 15000km so far.

Brian
Brian
  UA

Great vehicle so far 50k ,but now after 1 hour towing van unit goes into limp mode very concerning a

Car never been o/r 40k with van around aust twice, serviced regular and garaged .used regular. Its as it came out of showroom ,been a ford owner for 50 yrs and have multiple fords now . Have read numerous reports on failures but as car does not register fault code am left wondering

Mal
MalPerth, WA4 posts
Bernard
Bernard
  Verified UA

This car has been a lemon since day 1, Ford can not fix serious life threatening faults

I have had Everest since new. Vehicle has broken down since just over 30000 km's, every time I tow a trailer (1000kg's ) vehicle goes into limp mode about 2 hours into journey. Vehicle won't go over 1500 rpm and stays in 3rd gear. Vehicle has been into ford a dozen times but they say there is nothing wrong. If I go to over take a truck and engine goes into reduced power mode I will be left out on wrong side of road and if vehicle are following we are all in serious trouble. Thank you Ford for selling me a lemon. I have to hire a vehicle to take my trailer out of town.

roon
roonAU30 posts
Topcat
Topcat

Nothing to criticize ,excellent vehicle

Very comfortable and quiet. Excellent vehicle towing 2.5 tonne caravan. Fuel economy averaging 9l per100 suburban/country and 15/16 towing caravan.Great sat nav and many safety features.Adaptive cruise is excellent on

highway .Dash layout is good but miss full size tacho.Rainsensing wipers and auto dimming are very useful.Servicing costs fixed and very reasonable .

Large / 7 Seater SUVs

JinsMelbourne7 posts
Chris
Chris
  UA

Had same problem with adblue

Ad blue troubles and ford had lots of trouble fixing it . I'm talking two weeks or more for us without car. Mechanics had lot of trouble even diagnose the problem. Dealer did not seem to care or be in a hurry to get problem Car itself seems to be good until something goes wrong. Service terrible

Timbo
TimboHervey Bay9 posts

Wish both cars were Everest's

After selling my old Prado I bit the bullet and bought 1 year old Everest. OMG great 4WD that handles like a sedan. My wife and I always try to get the ford even though the liberty ain't that bad. The technology is also incredible!

Did a 7500km road trip from QLD to NT and back through southern states and the Ford didn't miss a beat. The fuel savings compared to the Prado were a real bonus. Also love the 7 seats compared to the territory which has no foot room in rear seat. It's a clear winner, thank you Ford!

Steven Seagull
Steven SeagullQLD, 400032 posts

Not Impressed

Had an Everest for a loan car for 3 days and as much as I like USA made products, the Everest fell short of expectations.

V6 engines are crap compared to a straight 6 (ie: Territory), the ride feels over balanced as the car may roll, steering is to light which created understeer yet on the plus side, very big inside and comfortable seats.

Loggersau
Loggersau8 posts

it's a good car, pity about Ford Australia

just had a new diff

got sold illegal tint

overpriced brake pads

annoying poor quality paint on a $70.000 car

lack of care about customers from fmco

this company just does not give a rats butt about those people who buy their products

its a pity there is no minus score for ford motor car company

Nick

Find out how Ford Everest compares to other Large / 7 Seater SUVs

Mullso
MullsoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC12 posts

Family motoring

What a superb car! 7 seats and air conditioning available for each person - controlled either from the front or from row 2. When you have kids this is a god send in the summer. Drives very well / handles well and certainly does not feel like a big SUV. Off road ? Its brilliant - seems to conquer all terrain I've thrown at it here in Victoria

Sync 2 entertainment system / sat nav etc is very good although Sync 3 has just come out but its $2000 to upgrade !

Pulling a trailer is a breeze and you hardly notice its there

Overall i think this is a great car - in fact i used to own a Porsche Cayenne and this believe it or not is a better car

Algard74
Algard74Illawarra, NSW27 posts

Very capable

We've done over 30000km so far with not one single issue. Have put it through its paces off-road & it's performed great.

I was intending to buy a Prado but decided to go have a look at the Everest & bought it that day.

Good size family car. Rear seats fold right out of the way.

Currently shopping around for suspension & tyre upgrades to get into the more serious stuff.

The wife loves it. She finds it very easy to drive & manoeuvre through parking lots.

We're very happy with our purchase so far.

Show details ·  1

Jade b
Jade bBroadford2 posts

Super car. Extra comfy

we love our Everest. Couldn't be happier with our purchase. It's super comfy and a pleasure to drive. If there is a downfall on the car it's that it can be a bit thirsty. Ranging anywhere from 9.5ltrs to 100klms to 14ltrs to 100klms. The technology is awesome like the lane keeping and the adaptive cruise control but does lacks a few simple things that every car has had for ever such as a simple light around the ignition barrel and half decent headlights.

Ripped of
Ripped ofMelbourne2 posts

Best 4WD i have ever owned

So easy to drive, comfortable ,plenty of power ,very quiet for a diesel engine ,stacks of safety features,if you are looking for a 4WD this is the one.Running cost around 10 L per 100KM.Passenger comfort second & third row seating very good.Computer system is very easy to use.I was a Holden owner for many of years but the Ford Everest won me over by a mile.

Kristy
Kristy3 posts

Love our Everest

The car handles really well, we bought the trend and added sat nav and a tow package.

The interior is nice, a bit plasticky but what cars aren't these days. Disappointed with the ford floor mats fitted by the dealer - they have torn holes in the carpet. Quite cheap to run a tank usually lasts me around 2 weeks with plenty of around town driving. Long trips I was getting 10L to the 100.