Ford Falcon AU

Ford Falcon AU (1998-2002)

4.3

• Boot Size
  • Comfort
  • Features

Need my car

My ex is locked up with my car key and it's registered in his name but I bought it how do I get a new key or get it back to my home address

Josh A.

Josh A.Central, SA

Unkillable

Got a spare $500 then you got an AU. She will never let you down. I have owned 4 in total. Had one that o converted to manual and it was the best car i have owned to date. Nicer to drive than a manual fgx xr6 and oh did I give it 4 years of hell, not that an au cares how bad you treat it.

Purchased in August 2011 for $1,200.00.

Neil

NeilNew South Wales

Reliable and economical

Have had two AU Falcon wagons. The First One dual fuel I put 500000km on clock until gas computer died. Very reliable cars with beautiful interior unlike the later Falcons which seem more plastic inside. So good that I purchased a second wagon a year ago which was well looked after by a pensioner. Very economic on petrol if driven light footed I constantly get 8.7 L/100 combined running. Extremely reliable and comfortable cars that are tremendous value for money.

Purchased in January 2018 for $2,500.00.

Skyla

SkylaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

AU XR6 Tickford Spec

Hand built Engine, made in Australia for Australian conditions. This car has done over 200,000 kms and still has around 300,000 more to go, its held up extremely well, and requires almost no maintenance, the electronics in the car still work great. Has the original dash and everything. The build quality on these model and year are fantastic, if you can find one thats in reasonably well kept condition even at higher KM's you should pick it up. The only thing people dont like about the series 1 AU is the bug eye lights, which personally I love.

BadgeXR6 Limited Edition
Date PurchasedMar 2018
Joe

JoeMelbourne

Perfection at it's finest

I love my car use it on daily and a track car, never missed a beat , strongest car I've owned )ticking strong at 600,00km, , (owned daweoos to porches) and so far this is the greatest machine , A true drivers car ,
Goods : strong
: Cheap
: Parts are free/cheap and everywhere
: Very fun to drive
: Safe car
: if dual fuel good on fuel cost
: Parts are compatible with other models
: Easy to fix
: Rarity of tickford models

BadgeXR6 VCT Sprint
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedDec 2002
Bee

BeeSYDNEY

i love my car!

Hi I am just wondering why my car horn is going off all the time for no reason, it went off today while I was driving and people thought I was honking at them!!! and im getting honked at and sworn at, its like you've just got your hand on the horn

BadgeClassic Futura
Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Best car i have ever owned..

My 1999 AU Fairmont is the best car i have ever owned.I have owned 27 cars in 19 years, various makes and models, but the most reliable, cheap maintenance cost, comfortable, smooth, car i will never sell is my Fairmont. It truly is an amazing car, and 100% reliable, with very minor mechanical issues, and in 10 years of ownership i consider it a honour to have such a amazing car, now 220,000 on the clock and i know it will last another 500,000 km.

Date PurchasedJune 1999
Dogs are the best.

Dogs are the best.Sydney, NSW

The best Tickford enhanced XR8

I have always owned Ford's, mostly Falcons. The AUII XR8 sedan I currently drive is one of the sweetest cars I have owned. Iv'e always loved the design & the 220kw Windsor in the last series 2 & in all series 3. The steering & handling is excellent, many say better than B & F series Falcons. The brakes are adequate but for those wanting more, later model big brake packages bolt straight on. Whilst the adaptive shift auto does the job, purests will prefer the 5 speed manual which really gets the little Windsor singing nicely. I strongly suggest upgrading the exhaust system if the car your looking at has the original factory system. For those looking for something a bit special, check out the T series from the same era.

BadgeXR8
Engine Size5.0
Date PurchasedOct 2001
Dave of WA

Dave of WAPerth

Good alrounder, Classy Fairmont, best bang for buck out there.

These are a very solid A to B vehicle. Plenty of power and surprisingly economical we have 2 for our 20, 22 yr olds who are at uni. They love them. We looked at smaller cars but $6k small car is a joke compared to a $2k AU Falcon
One of our cars is a Fairmont - wow- classy interior like like no other. The paint has peeled off on one of them but as these are about value for money, reliability and safety it matters not. Very easy to service. If you are looking for fundamental transport- get one of these.

BadgeFutura

An outstanding Ford.

Date PurchasedJuly 2008
Chaz

ChazMannum

Seriously This is my baby and I can't live without it

I love my car she's a beauty looks really good and drives superbly, and no I couldn't live without her. For the size of the car the turning circle is so good you feel like you're driving a mini, she's quite economical depending how you drive, I had her put onto gas 10 yrs ago for more economy, it's the best car I've ever bought and I hope she goes for many more yrs too.

Badge(No Badge)

Never thought I would like a Ford

BadgeClassic Futura
Date PurchasedJan 2012

Just keeps going,800,000km!n

Series two AU Falcon 16 years old now and put 800,000km on original six cylinder motor and auto transmission. Still drives and rides quietly, comfortably and economically. Only problem is the silver paint on roof and bonnet is starting to peel from a crash repairer who didn't do a good job to last for many more driving years. Afraid to replace or update it soon, I just love it though others hate the shape of an AU.

Engine Size4litre

Emma Parker

Emma ParkerAdelaide

I loose my breath, each and everytime.

Badge0