Ford Falcon EL

• Features
  • Comfort

Glen.D

Glen.DPerth

The type of car I forgot existed

I bought a EL falcon sedan 96 some time ago with only 77K on it from a little old lady that bought it from new appreciating its condition. Its an additional car for our family and sits in the garage but don't I love driving it. We have a brand new transit van and Isuzu MUX but they have so many electrics that you use in them and mod cons to get from A to B but you don't appreciate the drive. In the time I have had the EL I have had to replace the head gasket thats common but if I had the chance to drive this car over the modern ones I would get rid of the new in an instant.

Noise Level
Comfort

Ford

FordWa, 6278

She clocked over 1 million kms and never missed a bet

To the beach to Vic and back to WA paper runs taxi she was the best flagon ever. to school to work camping to fishing , crabbing . 3 kid 2 dogs 3 boogie boards 8 flippers 2 eskys, 2 water contains blankets, umbrella , cups , plates, hats sunscreen, dog water , dog ball ,dogs towels, wine ,salad,thongs 4 pairs. dog bowels, tennis balls and a car full of sand and laughter. I miss it so much.

BodyWagon
Badge(No Badge)
Engine Size5.4
Date PurchasedJun 1998
Michael F

Michael FCentral, SA

great car, excellent value for ur money.

bought a el ford and it ran perfectly did 1800ks a fortnight to and from work kids sports etc. and never had a problem. no loud noise coming from anywhere on the car. interior was great for its age dash had everything u need, and roomy. very reliable and fuel efficient fill the tank for $60-$70 and got about 700ks from 1 tank of fuel. would recommend to small familys. great family car. :)

Engine Size4.9
Date PurchasedApr 2014
Kaiverta

Kaiverta

Love, love, love this car.

Engine Size4.0L

Vortex Spinner

Vortex SpinnerNorth Western Region, NSW

EL Ford 1996

This big old Ford doesnt like E10 fuel it coughs and carrys on within minutes. So tough and reliable I wouldnt swap my car for a new little fancy even if the new one were free. The vehicle was 5 years old when I purchased it and Ive had it now for 15 years, has regular services, the most expensive job was a head gasket 10 years ago but other than that the old girl is doing fine. I feel safer in this car.

Badge0

Solid, Reliable Car!

Engine Size4.0
dave
dave

I have a 98 gli it goes superbly and has taken us on big interstate trips it,s bullet proof

Denny16

Denny16Western Australia, 6011

This car is just as good you can get find for a 16 years old

I have the Falcon EL, 1996 as my second car. It has a mere 93,000 kms on the clock. I have given it to my son.

In the first 12 years of the car, I just had to change oil and oil filter as well as changing the brake pads and the tyres as well as the battery.

In the last year, I had a major engine overhaul and, since then, as through the 16 years, the engine does not burn ANY oil until you change the oil. Extremely reliable.
Extremely reliable, powerful engine, plenty of space for 4 adults. Large booth. Parts are cheap and easy to find.
Petrol consumption can be high if you run it hard. Over-steering from the back.

kingston123
kingston123

yes it's helpful for me.