Ford Falcon FG X

Ford Falcon FG X (2014-2016) Questions & Answers

24 questions from our users

Sethmclean

Sethmcleanasked

Hi all I've been studying in the mechanics area for a while as I'm trying to get a job from it and I recently found out the some newer cars have the vin coded into the paint work and can't be re painted. Does anyone know if the fgx has this or can it still be repainted, thanks

Richard H.

Richard H.asked

I have a 2015 XR8 with 28500 km, I only drive it on the weekend as I have a work vehicle.

The clutch has started to slip and the dealer has advised it's got heat marks on the pads and they need to replace it and its not covered under warranty as its a wear and tear issue not a fault. It seems odd to me that it has worn out after so little driving, the car also has a heavy duty clutch in it as a performance vehicle and there is actually a feature for fast take off that I have tried once, Launch Control. Any ideas, suggestions, advice apart from BOHICA?

The other issue the vehicle has is the SYNC mobile phone connection system, it is really poor on "hearing" and interpreting instructions particularly for navigation. Is this anyone else's experience? Any suggestions to fix this one?

Formcoasked

Hi, I own a 2016 fgx xr6 with 6 speed manual. It has 70,000km and since about 30,000km the clutch pedal vibrates when foot is placed on pedal while at idle and driving but as soon as I press the clutch in to change gears it’s fine. I do around 500kms a week and becoming undrivable. I have been to three different dealerships and all confirm clutch is fine and say it’s a common characteristic of this model but won’t fix it under warranty as they say it’s not a manufacturers defect. I think it’s a design fault and I am asking for a solution but dealerships are also saying if I replace clutch it will go away for 6-12 months and will happen again. Ford Australia won’t help me and also keep saying the same thing. Can anyone help me?

Fgx 2014
Fgx 2014

Hi

I own a Fgx 2014 xr6 manual

I had what sounds like a similar issue and whilst I had some work done on the clutch, it was subsequently diagnosed as a tail shaft centre bearing

The independent did a great job on the diagnosis. They pulled the tail shat out, sent it to a machine shop. The shaft was fixed at both ends and re fitted

The car now goes great again. All up just over $500 , but worth it.

Formco

Hi, thats for your advice, is your independent in Melbourne by any chance? If so, can you please provide details? Happy with a PM

Cheers

Darren c

Darren casked

Hi
My 2015 fig x intermittently takes off in 2nd gear and when cold trans thumps back into low when pulling up at intersection a couple of times then is ok,dealership can’t fault as it won’t play up on them,,any thoughts please done 75,000 have extended warranty

Rod T

Rod Tasked

Can I please ask what the headlight strength of the FG X XR6 is for open road driving? I have a BF XR6 and those headlights are amazing. Thinking of jumping to FG X. Thanks in advance

Damo A.
Damo A.

Mine were terrible when I first got both of my FGXs. I had the dealer re-aim them and now I find them to be fine. Factory aim was pretty poor unforunately.

Kaez D.
Kaez D.

I live in the NT and with the for lights and high beams on driving in the outback I found it to be sufficient.

Willow

Willowasked

I have a six speed manual on take of a clicking comes from under the car ford dealer replaced clutch and fly wheel in gearbox at my expense it’s only done 37000 still under waranty they state they fixed it no it’s still there any ideas what it could be as my dealer is useless?

ben
ben

Had the same problem and it turned out to be the tailshaft and diff. Mine was a brand new xr6 fgx ute and it happened at around 35000 ks. New diff under warrenty but have now got a whirring noise in the new diff at 61000.

Rover

Roverasked

Clutch Pedal hard to push first time in the morning then works normal for the rest of the day.
This problem only started five days ago, car has only done 52,000 klm. Any ideas?
Steve.

stretch

stretchasked

i have a ford super charged gs 2014 ute fpv im trying to find out if it has a built in reverse camera in the stereo factory thanks anyone can help cheers

Nicko

Nickoasked

Hi, I have a 2014 fgx ute with 40000kms. The transmission doesn't take up immediately occasionally. Disconcerting if you expect to go forward at an intersection and there is a slight delay. Also when under hard acceleration there is quite a delay when changing up through the gears. Any Ideas ?.

Also recently I plugged in a hire trailer, Now the indicators dont work and I get a fault saying their is a blown bulb. They all look OK, as does the fuse for this circuit. Any ideas.?

John

Phase

Phaseasked

At 100 km /hr a high pitched whistle starts up on the dtivers side. How do you stop it? Apart fr slowimg down!

sam

samasked

hi....i hav a auto 2015 xr6t fgx. The revs go up and down while driving. it idles alright, the engine shakes a bit and the revs go up and down while it changes gears. there is no warning signs so far. anyone had similar issues?

wocca974

mine does the same thing with no answer from anyone. if gets stuck on 3000revs. about to sell the thing.. useless...

Chris

Chrisasked

My fix g6e won’t start up after filling up gas it stumbled on crank tried to start then stalled now it cranks like it has no compression as if the lifters pumped up is this a common occurrence?

Nothing you say makes sense !. Try asking again so that you understand what you are trying to ask, then I might understand you.

Alita

Alitaasked

My battery needed replacing and has caused my 'Ford Command Centre' LCD display to be blank. This happened when I started the car one day. I have had the battery replaced but I still have a blank screen?

See the answer in the above question

Jack

Jackasked

How do I turn off the automatic door lock?
The doors lock when the car reaches approx 20 km/h

Easy job and only costs About $1700 - plus it voids your warranty and may void an insurance claim.

Emilyh
Emilyh

Go into menu on your icc it should be in your main settings

Steven Seagull
Steven Seagull

Emilyh, there is nothing in the ICC menu for door locking

wocca974asked

i have a fg-x g6e purchased oct 2016.having trouble with covertor lock. revs continually oscalate from 2 to 3rd gear and hangs around 3ooo revs with pedal to floor. also revs continually drops 1000-15000 when going into 4th.dealer says its me. but so frustrating to drive with this going on. What is it?

Drive by wire fault most likely.
Get a real mechanic under the hood and he'll probably tell you the same.

Bailey

Baileyasked

Hi all recently bought an xr8 ute 03 model, has 130 thousand KMS, had it about a month havent driven it hard at all, maybe a squirt here and there, didn't buy it to flog it, anyway I think in the month I've owned it the coolant may has gone down a little bit, can anyone give me an insight to where it could be going cause it can't be much I'm losing, and any thing else to watch? Cheers

Well it would be rare for any Ford engine to lose coolant anywhere except; hole in hoses or the dreaded transmission milkshake.
Get it checked quick, especially to make sure t/fluid isn't mixing with coolant at the radiator end

Steve k

Steve kasked

Have 2016fgx xr6 that occasionally makes a droning noise ford tells me that it is common,does anyone know what it is or how to fix it?

If you have a window or sunroof open it would be normal.
Apart from that, usually wheel bearings are the cause.

Stevie1810

Stevie1810asked

Have a fg g6 the control screen will not work, is that the battery playing up?

The battery is usually one of the problems.
Disconnect the battery overnight, reconnect in the morning and all factory defaults will be restored.
If you still have no dcreen, a visit to an AE or Ford dealer may be needed.

Mike007asked

Can the auto wiper function be turned off in the FGX and just have intermittent wipers?

Matt
Matt

no you cannot but you can adjust the timer like intermediate wipers so they can be really slow or really fast

Mike007

I've tried every setting but they are just random, wiping too much one min then not enough the next. Thanks for your answer.

suzyq

I wish I could. The sensors on the FGX don't seem to sense the very light rain we often get, can't use full speed wipe because it's too light for that. "Adjustment" is tricky, read your manual because it works back to front to previous models.

TDS3216

TDS3216asked

Gday,

I own a FGX XR6 ute. Anyone know if the wipers come on automatically when it starts to rain?

cheers

Chris73
Chris73

Yes,the FG-X's have rain sensing wipers so they should.

suzyq

Eventually, if the rain is heavy enough.

Graham F.
Graham F.

Mine don’t. The sensor has failed twice in two years and now no intermittent function at all

Get an answer from our members and Ford representatives

Other Sedans