Ford Falcon

Ford Falcon (page 2 of 15)

FG, BA, BF, etc...

• Comfort

Joe

JoeMelbourne

Perfection at it's finest

I love my car use it on daily and a track car, never missed a beat , strongest car I've owned )ticking strong at 600,00km, , (owned daweoos to porches) and so far this is the greatest machine , A true drivers car ,
Goods : strong
: Cheap
: Parts are free/cheap and everywhere
: Very fun to drive
: Safe car
: if dual fuel good on fuel cost
: Parts are compatible with other models
: Easy to fix

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Bee

BeeSYDNEY

i love my car!

Hi I am just wondering why my car horn is going off all the time for no reason, it went off today while I was driving and people thought I was honking at them!!! and im getting honked at and sworn at, its like you've just got your hand on the horn

BadgeClassic Futura
Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Manni

ManniSt.Albans

Good reliable car

I use my for my family or my self everyday. And I done every time service on time some time bet late but it's good car relable. Mechanic never mentioned any big issue.but it's old car .that's way some time sadenley problem. May next one again I will buy ford car.

BadgeForte
Engine Size5.4
Date PurchasedMar 2015

Very smooth

I bought a 2009 fg xt in winter white with 160 000k for a very good price and it is a very good car and a better car than my previous VE commodore,as the car has a few kms on the clock I will tell of the associated problems with age,all that has gone wrong is the front discs were warped,roof lining was sagging and the boot light doesn't work right and when I tried to fix it,a fuse blew causing a strange "transmission not in park" warning on dash but that went away when I replaced the blown 5a fuse,but boot light still doesn't work other than that the car is great and a real bargain except it uses lots of fuel.

BadgeXT
Date PurchasedJun 2018

Best car i have ever owned..

My 1999 AU Fairmont is the best car i have ever owned.I have owned 27 cars in 19 years, various makes and models, but the most reliable, cheap maintenance cost, comfortable, smooth, car i will never sell is my Fairmont. It truly is an amazing car, and 100% reliable, with very minor mechanical issues, and in 10 years of ownership i consider it a honour to have such a amazing car, now 220,000 on the clock and i know it will last another 500,000 km.

BadgeForte
Date PurchasedJun 1999

Gibbo

GibboBlue Mountains

Best car ever except for Ford not warranting the diff

BadgeXR6 Turbo

Comfortable.
Fuel efficiency 700km around town on a full tank $90
Easy to drive
Stereo could be better
Electronics have gremlins galore with constant faults ALL the time which really lets this car down.
Climate control is fantastic.
Servicing yourself is easy on thus car.
Safety features great
Worth a drive before buy

BadgeXT EcoLPi
Engine Size5.0
Date PurchasedMay 2011

Won't start

Recently changed a brake line (has the 3 line set up From the booster) sat for about a week.
Chucked a battery in it, went to start it and nothing, first time turning the key to (starting position) comes up with a Code on dash that reads (base) then goes away once you turn key of to try again. Also when the key is in the firing position to start a brake symbol comes up.

Checked all relays, fuses ect ect
Battery is fully charged, I have disconnected the abs (was running fine after that)
Also used to be gas
Cheers guys

Badge(No Badge)
Date PurchasedMay 2015
JJ

JJSouth Australia

I wish they still made the Aussie built Falcon

Picked up a Nov 2014 built XR6 from a Ford dealer in March this year. Immaculate example in every way only 18000km on clock mostly highway one owner vehicle. The old guy that had it before me is a Blue Oval man just like me. Great car effortless power. Just eats up the highway miles. This is the 2nd Falcon I've owned they both have been great.
This is easily the best Falcon yet. I'm not sure why some of the review's aren't always glowing. To bad they don't make them anymore.

BadgeXR6
Date PurchasedMar 2018

Redman

RedmanHervey bay

FGX G6E- The Best was saved til last!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Dogs are the best.

Dogs are the best.Sydney, NSW

The best Tickford enhanced XR8

I have always owned Ford's, mostly Falcons. The AUII XR8 sedan I currently drive is one of the sweetest cars I have owned. Iv'e always loved the design & the 220kw Windsor in the last series 2 & in all series 3. The steering & handling is excellent, many say better than B & F series Falcons. The brakes are adequate but for those wanting more, later model big brake packages bolt straight on. Whilst the adaptive shift auto does the job, purests will prefer the 5 speed manual which really gets the little Windsor singing nicely. I strongly suggest upgrading the exhaust system if the car your looking at has the original factory system. For those looking for something a bit special, check out the T series from the same era.

BadgeXR8
Engine Size5.0
Date PurchasedOct 2001

Chris

Chris

Great Reliable Sedan with a few small issues

The Ford Falcon BA is a great overall family sedan, a highly reliable 4.0L inline 6 fuel injected petrol engine. the car performs well at speed and with a stock exhaust it is very quiet. it has a well designed dashboard with many button functions. The issues I have had since owning the vehicle, have been the typical ford power windows, very slow and seemingly on their way out. Also I think the petrol consumption is nothing short of ridiculous and the standard brakes don't seem very high quality as with the wheel bearings. overall a great sedan with a some small and bearable issues.

BadgeXT
Date PurchasedSep 2016

LiamF

LiamFMelbourne

It’s okay

My experience driving this car has been pretty good, it is nice and smooth. I like the interior, it is nice and roomy. The only thing I dislike about this car is it’s fuel efficiency, it is just really bad and I find myself having to fill up multiple times a week with e10 as it’s the cheaper alternative.

BadgeXR6
Date PurchasedApr 2016

Good to have this the car.

The car is awesome I only ever have owned fords.
But I must say the fg is the best car I have ever driven..
power handling looks ... it’s got it all
I will never buy another brand .
I think in the near future I will be the proud owner of the new mustang

BadgeXR8
Engine Size5.4
Date PurchasedMay 2018

Best car I have ever owned

Extremely reliable with little maintenance required. My BA Fairmont is a excellent veh with zero rust. I will be keeping it for a long time to come.
It has little road noise and is not too bad on the juice. Mechanically very little has gone wrong. It has plenty of leg room and the interior finish is good.

Badge(No Badge)
Date PurchasedJul 2003

Dilhan T

Dilhan TMelbourne

nice car

i have a 2008 ford g6e, it's a comfortable car to drive, it handle ok could be better, i have loved these cars for a long time but when it comes to owning one you really see the problems they have, the diff bushes like to go a lot, which you think ford would have resolved the problem with their new falcons before they discontinued them, they drink a lot of fuel too! They are very spacious and too many people they're plain however i love the interior!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

dani1983

dani1983AU

Reliable car and cheap to maintain

Good car for someone who is on a tight budget and needs to get around in a reliable and relatively safe vehicle. Comfy car to drive due to its big motor. Interior is a bit cheap with a lot of plastic with some things breaking off such as the bonnet lever. Cheap to fix if something goes wrong with it. This car will do the job that you want it to do without any fuss. It loves its petrol but that’s to be expected of a vehicle this size. I recommend this car to anyone who needs a cheap and reliable vehicle to get from a to b without hassles.

BadgeClassic XT
Date PurchasedAug 2017

cuffe01

cuffe01AU

Amazing A+++

Ok so my car is not typical, I bought it with a lot of work done to it. This review is based on my 04' XR6 turbo with the stage 3 cobra build, full xforce exhaust and a grw3884r turbo with 500rwkw. Drives like a champ and faster than any NA V8 around.

BadgeXR6 Turbo
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedJan 2014

davidglenelg

davidglenelgGlenelg South

One of the best sedans ever made.

Silky smooth 6 speed transmission, very quiet with virtually no road noise, responsive motor, well built suspension, abs and tractiion control work very well.

I have been in many situations where other drivers have pulled out directly in front of me, nearly side swiping me when they have changed lanes without looking etc, and this car has gotten me out of those dangerous situations without a single scratch.

It is good to hear that Ford's Australian engineering team is still going even though the factory is now closed down, here is hoping that they bring out a new falcon sedan soon.

Date PurchasedJan 2016