Ford Fiesta WS

12 questions from our users

Graham M.
Graham M.asked
Fiesta WS (2009)

I have a fiesta Zetec 2009 model only 66k on dial ,it has seized at transmission and can’t be engaged to drive or out of park, it rolls forward ,I have had a mechanic tell me that this is an expensive issue and needs a complete box which would cost an arm and leg is their any easier solution cost if available ,cheers

WCHIN
WCHIN

Look up the WWW. According to the experts this happens during hot weather and you'll need to drill the pinion hole larger. They even show you how. Don't panic and Good Luck from your fellow Zetec 2009-2010 owner.

selenaj
selenajasked
Fiesta WS (2009)

Hi. I am looking at a 2009 Fiesta Zetec that has come up for sale. What problems should I be looking out for?
Thanks.

Fredasked
Fiesta WS (2009)

I have a 2009 WS Fiesta Zetec with the 1.4l/auto gearbox combination. Purchased second-hand from interstate and the car was well past needing a service. I put it in to the local mechanic to have the timing belt changed, plus new plugs, water pump, oil and filter and I fitted a new air cleaner myself. I drove the car some distance before the service, now after the service the car feels down on power (there's not a lot anyway, I know) and the fuel economy has plummeted, from 6-7 to 8-9. The day after I got it back the car went into limp-home mode (error code P061C) but a long drive yesterday didn't see that happen again. The car struggles at 100km/hr and hunts between 3rd and top gears. A curious and annoying aspect of the timing belt change was the cam seals, which come with the belt kit. The main cam sprocket (or sprockets, since it's DOHC) has to be removed to change the seals- but they are held on by bolts which have to be replaced, as they are "single use only" or torque to yield. They don't come in the kit and this caused a delay of 4-5 days (with a weekend in the middle), so the car was at the workshop for 8 days. I'm concerned that something else happened at the workshop, or the camshaft timing is out. Any ideas?

Fred

It was the cam timing. The belt kit came with three different bolts to "lock" the crankshaft and they used the wrong one.

robert v
robert vasked
Fiesta WS (2009)

ijust got 5 w 40 penrite engine oil from repco they recomented for ford fiesta 1.4 ltr is that ok

Fred

I specified 5W-20 when the workshop did my service. They sell and use Penrite brand. The manual recommends Castrol, and next time around I may use Edge 0W-30. I wouldn't use 5W-40 if I had other choices.

Jonatas N
Jonatas Nasked

Hi, how are you?
I have got a new fiesta 2009, and the stereo is not working more, what can i do?

Natalie
Natalie
Fred

It might be worthwhile to disconnect the battery which resets the stereo. I've had issues with the reading of USB sticks and the battery thing has been the only fix.

Megan Basked
Fiesta WS (2009)

Hey how do you get the Bluetooth to work? I press phone and it says mute please help!!!

Therese
Therese

Hi, my fiesta was 2006 model which did not come with blue tooth

Megan B

Mine is a 2009 model and I can’t find it :( and I can’t get my aux to work either

nanmar
nanmarasked
Fiesta WS (2009)

Have 2009 manual Fiesta with about 115,000 kms and gear box is leaking oil. Anyone else have experience with this?

Fred

Is it the gearbox, or the driveshaft seal? I have had a car leak from the main rear engine seal, which in a rear wheel drive car appears to come from between the engine and gearbox.

Tara-lee
Tara-leeasked
Fiesta WS (2009)

Hey, does this car fit 3 car seats in the back ?

Niamh
Niamh

I would say no. I don't have kids but have looked after friends kids and I would say you would get two in but would struggle to get a third in.

Courtney Hasked
Fiesta WS (2009)

Hi I'm looking at a 2012 ford fiesta CL manual hatch tomorrow I'd like your honest reviews of this model?

Not a ford fan
Not a ford fan

Check if it's easy to engage into reverse, whether the rev was stable at neutral and sign of water leak. Good car for city.

Courtney H

I drove it today and it was fantastic, sturdy on the road, easy to change gears, no shuttering, clutch didnt slip and fun to dip around in. My dad is a mechanic found no problems and gave it the thumbs up to buy

Brian L
Brian L
Sammyj
Sammyjasked
Fiesta WS (2009)

Would the front end of a 2012 fisteva bolt on to 2009?

Ash Z

Beszt bet would be to ask a mechanic.

_Alleyys
_Alleyysasked

Hi Everyone!
I would like to know what's the best fuel for Ford Fiesta?

david hambleton
david hambleton
Liann
Liannasked
Fiesta WS (2009)

I have a Ford Fiesta Zetec Manual 2012I have no worries with the engine shattering or any of motor issues. I have a blinker that wont work. It is connected to the power window. (drivers side) The left indicator works fine and the window goes all the way down the bottom. Not the right hand side.Does anyone else have this issue?

tianicole
tianicole

Hi,

I haven't had any problems with the indicators (yet) the speakers on the right hand side, however, have started to crackle and sound terrible.
The manual won't shudder as it has a different gear box to the auto

Ash Z

Never had a prob with ours, could be a simple issue, take it to an auto sparky :)

Get an answer from our members and Ford representatives

Ford Fiesta WS (2009)