Ford Fiesta

Ford Fiesta (page 2 of 7)

WT, WS, WZ, etc...
See the Best Hatchbacks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Ford? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Features

Jen
JenSydney

FORD Shudders

I purchased the car 2 years ago and it has flaws in it's transmission. It has been repaired 3 times in 2 years, Ford have extended the warranty because of the issue. Initially they were reluctant to fix but had far too much pressure. Mechanics at Ford said "it drives like this because 3-4 people are driving the car and have different driving styles".... Really, it's a car. It's sluggish, shudders and adolescents in the house cannot drive it to Uni, as they feel unsafe with it's performance.

BadgeTrend
Date PurchasedApr 2016
Jay
Jay

Good small car, But!

The ford fiesta is certainly a wonderful small car!
The pro's involves great handling, good mileage, great speakers and its good looks.
The biggest drawback of the car is the transmission. The car shudders and struggles a lot on low gear(1-2).
Other than that it works great!

Fun to drive!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Annie
AnnieBrisbane

Has been good but not without issues

Loved it at first as the engine was efficient, handling was great and I loved the exterior look. Over time however the ecoboost 1L engine became more and more annoying particularly when on hills as the car was just not as responsive as one might hope. Issues also arose at the first scheduled service with a coolant leak covered by warranty, however at year 2 another warranty issue arose and by the end of year 3 the tyres need replacing after only 30000 km of mostly city driving

BadgeSport EcoBoost
Date PurchasedNov 2014

Julz
JulzSydney, NSW

Best daily car EVER

I used to own a highly modified 2008 Subaru STI pushing 300kw at the wheels. I sold it and purchased the Fiesta ST as a downgrade but boy was I surprised.. It's actually more fun and easier to drive! Besides going slow in a straight line this thing is literally a train on rails when cornering. Boost kicks in very early around 2000rpm so it's always feeling zippy. I get about 600km per tank of fuel. Very decent on petrol especially when I drive partially aggressive.

BadgeST EcoBoost
Date PurchasedNov 2015
Jacob C
Jacob CAU

Love It!

Have a 2016 Fiesta ST with the optional Mountune Kit.
I’ve prevously had a Honda S2000 and Infiniti G37. This car is obviously much smaller than those two, but doesn’t mean it doesn’t pack a punch.

Very responsive steering and throttle. Only complaints are that the Sync Voice system is largely unresponsive and slow.

In all areas of actually driving the car, it’s excellent.

BadgeST EcoBoost

our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Niamh
Niamh

Love it

Love driving my fiesta. Have had no issues so far. I bought a 2010 model 2 years ago and she is still going strong. Very reliable and cheap to run. I regularly use the car to transport 3 of my dogs - two rotties and a maltese and they all fit comfortably on the back seat.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
McDev
McDevPerth, WA

Love it!

I was a bit wary prior to buying my Ford fiesta ST before due to well known 'ford problems'. But then as I research, it's just the power shift ones! Months later on, I'm still enjoying my car averaging 6.6L/100km in mixed driving. Best of both worlds! The only problem I found in the car is that my cheeks hurt from so much smiling as while I drive it!

BadgeST
Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Doug
Doug

Excellent car!

Very good fuel consumption, easy to park and drive around. Has all the features necessary. Big booth as well. Hatch is a good option for carrying bags around. Very comfortable ergonomic seats. This is the best car I have ever owned. Drives very well in the city and on the open road.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Date PurchasedOct 2014
ALANAKELLY
ALANAKELLYThe Mallee, VIC

Love this

I love the ford econetic and its fuel economy and how quite it is on the road. This car is amazing and i love it. So sporty and drives great. Love the electrical features and how compatible it is with your phone. One of the smartest cars that ive come across.

BadgeECOnetic
Date PurchasedJan 2014
Ash Z
Ash ZHopetoun, WA

Perfectly designed Hatchback

Green 5speed.
They should've left the design process and stopped when they reached the WS.
It's sleek, looks awesome in the metallic green with low profile wheels.
Amazingly zippy with excellent pickup off the go and smooth change through the gears.
Parts and components are easy to get and cheap, not that we've had to replace anything on it, but at least if we need to, we know we're covered.
It fits 3 kids in the back comfortably and plenty of room in the front for a 6ft adult.
Brakes can get a lil spongy at times, but nothing a small bleed doesn't fix. Great on fuel economy and they just last.

Date PurchasedAug 2010

Good on fuel, handles well, cruise control but their cost saving design really annoys me!

Date PurchasedJune 2017
savannahp
savannahpAU

A reliable, great looking car.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Tommy
TommyMelbourne

Trouble with transmission

Purchased this car brand new. Good enough drive/easy to maneuver, but the transmission they use has a fault that Ford do not seem able to fix.

Quite often when accelerating, the car will shudder a bit. First few times I mentioned to the service dept, they said they updated the software. Eventually had to get replaced and still had issues.

Date PurchasedNov 2012

Rheeann
RheeannSydney

Perfectly Styled Little Car.

I absolutely LOVE my fiesta. It is a manual car that I have owned for 5 years and I have no had one major issue with it. I love it so much that when my husband suggested buying a bigger 'family' car, I struggled to find one that I liked. The interior feels quality and is really nicely put together. The voice recognition isn't very good with my voice but it does work most of the time. I love the colour white that ford has. The power is quite good for a small car.

Date PurchasedApr 2012
JLJL
JLJLVictoria, Australia

Great car with no problems.

BadgeSport EcoBoost
Date PurchasedJan 2014
DarkAngel
DarkAngelVictoria

Excellent little car

Had car for 8yrs..GOOD::No problems..Handles well..Cheap to run..love the boot..gets my shopping in..Amazing..BAD::No guts for overtaking..Few blindspots..Air con not cold enough..my car is one of the last made in Germany before all the faults started..I drove through floods..Water just above door level..Watch Top Gears Test Drive..Done 115,000kms No signs of

Date PurchasedNov 2009
Allan
AllanBroken Hill, NSW

Economy Class Ride

Date PurchasedMar 2015

You Get What You Pay For. Unfortunately!

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Andy
AndyGippsland, VIC

Good deal from Valley Motors

My Ford Fiesta 2013 performs well and the manual transmission is easy to use and the car does not cost a lot to run and the mechanics at my last service said the car was in good condition. I got a good trade in on my 2005 Getz from Valley Ford Traralgon and although the car had done a few kilometers I purchased the car for $8800 but AAMII indeed it for $11200

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Aynur Anna
Aynur AnnaMelbourne

Terrible

I have a fiesta zetec. It's the most unsafe car l have ever had. Would never recommend a ford to anyone. They are friendly at first when you purchase the car and then they are rude and not helpful with all the problems the car has had. The car is a LEMON. There needs to be lemon laws to protect the consumer. Will never purchase a ford again.

Date PurchasedOct 2012
Annoyed
AnnoyedTownsville

Ford sucks! Never again.

Date PurchasedApr 2013
SRT
SRTPendle Hill

Great handling but transmission is not consistent

BodySedan
Date PurchasedApr 2012
epsoft
epsoftRidgewood QLD

Manual diesel is the way to go

Had a manual turbo diesel Fiesta from new and loved it. Economy was outstanding, plenty of torque on the hills and handled well on the bendy bits. Not much room in the back seats as you would expect but plenty of room up front (I'm 2m tall!). Doesn't come with a spare tire when new, well worth buying a spare. Being a diesel you need to get the particulate filter up to temperature on a regular basis otherwise they can be costly but otherwise brilliant little car. Only sold it as I moved to acreage a needed a 4WD.

Date PurchasedFeb 2011