Ford Fiesta

Ford Fiesta (page 3 of 7)

WT, WS, WZ, etc...
See the Best Hatchbacks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Ford? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features

M Hatty
M HattyNarre Warren

Not the best, but still great.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Reliable and great service

I was lucky enough to get a Ford at Volcan Ford Wollongong, they gave me a great price and they were honest about the pros and cons for a first car. They installed cruise control for no extra charge. There have been a few little issues, the wing mirror and the under-car spoiler is expensive to replace, but overall I'm happy with my little car!

Date PurchasedNov 2012

RABIN
RABINBRISBANE QLD

this car has big issue with gear box or whole engine.please never buy.only body looks nice.

I bought ford fiesta 2013 brand new from ford dealer. Since my first day, I found it has something wrong but keep on driving because it was my first new car in my life. I thought I will be fine after driving few kilometres. but never improved. now its just 3 years old. I took to ford service centre last week and they said nothing wrong with this car. they did not do anything at all. I have no idea where to go now. This car has transmission shudders, jerks feels like gear box is breaking down instantly and loss of power in the low gears speed.

Date PurchasedJuly 2013

Evergreen
EvergreenAustralia

Manual Diesel Fantastic

Great car.Manual gearbox is smooth and precise.Turbo Diesel motor is fantastic, instant power, great for hills, no lag, 5k/l no matter how hard you drive. Easy to self service. Nice zetec seats. Similar handling as a Mazda 5. Excellent solid build quality, high grade components that do not break. Highly recommend over a DSG gearbox that seem to cause the majority of Ford issues. Test drove a petrol model and found it lacking bottom end power as well as sluggish throttle return. I am extremely happy with this vehicle and highly recommend it.

Grant
GrantMelbourne

Watch for Crook Clutches / Faulty / Noisy Gearbox

Had for 2 years and then traded after clutches replaced due to shuddering (known Ford DSG / clutch issue) , and the surfacing of gearbox noises. Dealer advised that gearbox would be repaired / replaced under warrantee if it fails. Had to wait for month for clutch replacement as there was a large queue ahead of us. Very comfortable car just let down by clutch / gearbox issues. Traded in on VW Polo after wife refused to drive Fiesta again. The Polo has a similar DSG gearbox to Fiesta but VW does not appear to suffer from DSB / clutch problems in past few years.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews

Good small compact car but POOR TRANSMISSION

Powershift transmission is terrible. It often shudders and have issues with shifting on lower gears (especially on road humps). Sent it to Ford to fix the issue, but after a few days issue was back. Every time I bring it in for it's annual service, issue is fixed but after a few days it always comes back. I've had the car close to 5 years now and it's getting worse. Although its fuel efficient and easy to park, the transmission is very bad. If I had known that it's a common issue with Ford Fiesta cars, we probably wouldn't have purchased the car.

BlackPeter
BlackPeterAU

Nice little big car with small flaws ...

RaySydney

Great car and quality built!

Sensational driving/handling, tyre noise on rough roads is sometimes louder than expected due to the hatch. Great transmission and love the direct gear changes making it feel like its a manual. Never had an issue and reliability is 10/10, only ever change oil/filter and wiper blades every 12mths. Not sure why people complain about the gearbox! Its design to jerk and shutter under acceleration and deceleration, same as a manual vehicle with twin clutch plates if you are not at a consistent throttle percentage. When you constantly go from 25 to 50 to 75% throttle the clutches are working to provide acceleration with minimal fuel usage.
Can't praise the design enough from ford to do away with slush boxes of the past!

Ray

Two years later, two more Ford services and there is no stopping this little car. 90k on the clock and not one major problem to date, other than battery replacement.
Well done Ford.
Plan to buy another at the end of the year, as replacement!

Alegend86

BadgeTrend
dannytocchet
dannytocchetDrummoyne, New South Wales

Stay away

Had transmission fix 12 months ago, transmission shutter has returned, Brand new car what a lemon. I would suggest to people to highly consider to stay away from this car.

david hambleton
david hambletonAU

Seat Height Adjustment.

Fierce Fiesta

2015 Ford Fiesta ST has proven to be a really awesome car. Small, compact but fast! Manual driving at its best. Fitted with a Mountune kit its has sports car like performance and a burbling race car sound.. Cheap to run and also fitted with glove fitting Recaro racing seats. Heaps of leg room in the front (I am tall) and ok in the back seat. Great around the town car and awesome during long distances. Would highly recommend.

BadgeST EcoBoost

Worst car ever

Iv had trouble with this car from day one transmission shudders and jerks feels like the gear box is going to fall out. Have taken it back to dealers 11 times and still no better . Dealing with ford and head office is total waste of time they are as hopeless as the car . Dont ever buy a ford

SylvieL
SylvieLMelbourne

Unfixable transmission - stay away from auto!

As others have mentioned, there's a massive design flaw in the "auto" dual clutch transmission in fiesta and ford vehicles. There is no fix and they are unsafe. Currently dealing with ACCC to get full refund as Ford is mostly ignoring this global issue - class action already underway overseas!

TransmissionAutomatic

Clutch failed at 4500 Ford say not covered by warranty car is a 2015.

I thought it was a good car to drive apart from changing gear from 1st to 2nd quite difficult to change
Interior was fine quite comfortable
Not at all reliable, beware of Ford warranty, clutch failed at 4500 miles Ford say not covered on warranty although this was down to [name removed] trying to blame bad driving.

KateR
KateRMelbourne

Great little city car

Great little car, zippy to drive. Happy I made the choice to upgrade to the sports model, I'm really happy with the transmission.
Interior is really comfortable. Visibility is good. I do mostly stop/start city driving but fuel efficiency seems good. Performs well on highway/freeways too.
Love the capped servicing, and haven't had any problems at all at this stage.

BadgeSport EcoBoost
earl
earl

great car

Badge0
BodySedan
Transmission0

Best thing I've ever purchased

This is a brilliant little car that holds up not only in everyday small town roads, but also on long motor way journeys! I suffer with bad knees and even I find the ride comfortable on 2+ hours of motor way driving! The handling of the car is light and easy, and the add ons like blue tooth and the emergency assist help to make it so much better! Would definitely recommend!

BadgeST EcoBoost
TransmissionManual

Everything I could have expected and more

Very nice car. We got the car about 18 months ago. Very happy with driver and passenger leg and head room (I'm 6'3''). Very happy with audio, Bluetooth and USB capability. Very happy with driving performance.
Actually very hard to fault so far.
Done about 20,000km in 18 months. Probably deserves 4&1/2 stars!
Oh also fuel economy is insane.
We worked out we have saved over $2000 dollars compared to our previous V6 Holden in 18 months.

BadgeAmbiente
Alan Boyd
Alan BoydTallangatta

Great small car

Our Fiesta Zetec WZ 5 speed manual Turbo Diesel 2012 was purchased second hand in 2013 from local Ford Dealer with 8,700Kms. Has been a reliable car now with 43,000Kms on the clock with only a minor issue with the cruise control, which was a minor replacement of an electrical component under warranty. Chose the Fiesta because of the Turbo Diesel (Personal Choice) Is very economical returning 4.7 L/100Kms. Capped pricing for servicing makes this great buying.Customer Service from the local Ford Dealer is very good. Have had no other issues with this car

C Q
C QBrisbane

Piece of crap

I to have had major issues with my Fiesta 2012.It has been back to the dealer 4 times in the last 18 months with shuddering, jerking and loss of power in the low gears. They have replaced the transmission, and 2 weeks ago the clutch assembly was replaced.I was told it will always have a slight shudder when first taking off.If I could afford it I would get rid of it ( the service guy nodded his head when I told him this ) and never buy another Ford again.Obviuosly they knew about these issues when I first enquired about buying one, and no spare tyre to boot another thing they ommited to tell me, stay away from the Ford Fiesta and the Focus.

Shevek
ShevekBondi

On to my second Fiesta, both fine

NPG123
NPG123

Transmission Issues - UNFIXABLE

I purchased a brand new 2014 model Fiesta in May last year, so it is now just about a year old. Since day 1 I have had issues with the car's transmission. It shakes, shudders, lags excessively and drops out of gear while on the motorway. I have taken it in 5 times under warranty, and they cannot fix it. I have even had my clutch replaced, and still no luck, that actually made it worse. Currently my car is at the dealership while Fair Trading deal with them! DO NOT buy a Ford Fiesta/Focus with the new 'dual-clutch' transmission. This car is a safety hazard!!!