Ford Fiesta

Ford Fiesta (page 3 of 8)

WT, WS, WZ, etc...

• Features

DarkAngel

DarkAngelVictoria

Excellent little car

Had car for 8yrs..GOOD::No problems..Handles well..Cheap to run..love the boot..gets my shopping in..Amazing..BAD::No guts for overtaking..Few blindspots..Air con not cold enough..my car is one of the last made in Germany before all the faults started..I drove through floods..Water just above door level..Watch Top Gears Test Drive..Done 115,000kms No signs of

Date PurchasedNov 2009
Allan

AllanBroken Hill, NSW

Economy Class Ride

Date PurchasedMar 2015

You Get What You Pay For. Unfortunately!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Andy

AndyGippsland, VIC

Good deal from Valley Motors

My Ford Fiesta 2013 performs well and the manual transmission is easy to use and the car does not cost a lot to run and the mechanics at my last service said the car was in good condition. I got a good trade in on my 2005 Getz from Valley Ford Traralgon and although the car had done a few kilometers I purchased the car for $8800 but AAMII indeed it for $11200

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Aynur Anna

Aynur AnnaMelbourne

Terrible

I have a fiesta zetec. It's the most unsafe car l have ever had. Would never recommend a ford to anyone. They are friendly at first when you purchase the car and then they are rude and not helpful with all the problems the car has had. The car is a LEMON. There needs to be lemon laws to protect the consumer. Will never purchase a ford again.

Date PurchasedOct 2012
Annoyed

AnnoyedTownsville

Ford sucks! Never again.

Date PurchasedApr 2013
SRT

SRTPendle Hill

Great handling but transmission is not consistent

BodySedan
Date PurchasedApr 2012
epsoft

epsoftRidgewood QLD

Manual diesel is the way to go

Had a manual turbo diesel Fiesta from new and loved it. Economy was outstanding, plenty of torque on the hills and handled well on the bendy bits. Not much room in the back seats as you would expect but plenty of room up front (I'm 2m tall!). Doesn't come with a spare tire when new, well worth buying a spare. Being a diesel you need to get the particulate filter up to temperature on a regular basis otherwise they can be costly but otherwise brilliant little car. Only sold it as I moved to acreage a needed a 4WD.

Date PurchasedFeb 2011
M Hatty

M HattyNarre Warren

Not the best, but still great.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Reliable and great service

I was lucky enough to get a Ford at Volcan Ford Wollongong, they gave me a great price and they were honest about the pros and cons for a first car. They installed cruise control for no extra charge. There have been a few little issues, the wing mirror and the under-car spoiler is expensive to replace, but overall I'm happy with my little car!

Date PurchasedNov 2012
RABIN

RABINBRISBANE QLD

this car has big issue with gear box or whole engine.please never buy.only body looks nice.

I bought ford fiesta 2013 brand new from ford dealer. Since my first day, I found it has something wrong but keep on driving because it was my first new car in my life. I thought I will be fine after driving few kilometres. but never improved. now its just 3 years old. I took to ford service centre last week and they said nothing wrong with this car. they did not do anything at all. I have no idea where to go now. This car has transmission shudders, jerks feels like gear box is breaking down instantly and loss of power in the low gears speed.

Date PurchasedJuly 2013
Evergreen

EvergreenAustralia

Manual Diesel Fantastic

Great car.Manual gearbox is smooth and precise.Turbo Diesel motor is fantastic, instant power, great for hills, no lag, 5k/l no matter how hard you drive. Easy to self service. Nice zetec seats. Similar handling as a Mazda 5. Excellent solid build quality, high grade components that do not break. Highly recommend over a DSG gearbox that seem to cause the majority of Ford issues. Test drove a petrol model and found it lacking bottom end power as well as sluggish throttle return. I am extremely happy with this vehicle and highly recommend it.

Grant

GrantMelbourne

Watch for Crook Clutches / Faulty / Noisy Gearbox

Had for 2 years and then traded after clutches replaced due to shuddering (known Ford DSG / clutch issue) , and the surfacing of gearbox noises. Dealer advised that gearbox would be repaired / replaced under warrantee if it fails. Had to wait for month for clutch replacement as there was a large queue ahead of us. Very comfortable car just let down by clutch / gearbox issues. Traded in on VW Polo after wife refused to drive Fiesta again. The Polo has a similar DSG gearbox to Fiesta but VW does not appear to suffer from DSB / clutch problems in past few years.

Good small compact car but POOR TRANSMISSION

Powershift transmission is terrible. It often shudders and have issues with shifting on lower gears (especially on road humps). Sent it to Ford to fix the issue, but after a few days issue was back. Every time I bring it in for it's annual service, issue is fixed but after a few days it always comes back. I've had the car close to 5 years now and it's getting worse. Although its fuel efficient and easy to park, the transmission is very bad. If I had known that it's a common issue with Ford Fiesta cars, we probably wouldn't have purchased the car.

BlackPeter

BlackPeterAU

Nice little big car with small flaws ...

RaySydney

Great car and quality built!

Sensational driving/handling, tyre noise on rough roads is sometimes louder than expected due to the hatch. Great transmission and love the direct gear changes making it feel like its a manual. Never had an issue and reliability is 10/10, only ever change oil/filter and wiper blades every 12mths. Not sure why people complain about the gearbox! Its design to jerk and shutter under acceleration and deceleration, same as a manual vehicle with twin clutch plates if you are not at a consistent throttle percentage. When you constantly go from 25 to 50 to 75% throttle the clutches are working to provide acceleration with minimal fuel usage.
Can't praise the design enough from ford to do away with slush boxes of the past!

Ray

Two years later, two more Ford services and there is no stopping this little car. 90k on the clock and not one major problem to date, other than battery replacement.
Well done Ford.
Plan to buy another at the end of the year, as replacement!

Alegend86

BadgeTrend
dannytocchet

dannytocchetDrummoyne, New South Wales

Stay away

Had transmission fix 12 months ago, transmission shutter has returned, Brand new car what a lemon. I would suggest to people to highly consider to stay away from this car.

Roy O.

Roy O.asked

Fiesta

As a fiesta eco boost 1000cc got a cam belt or time omg chain?

Nico

Nicoasked

Fiesta WP (2004-2005)

I am considering purchasing a 2005 Ford Festiva. Are there any common issues associated with this model?

Rach

Rachasked

Fiesta

Hi, I'm looking at buying a 2010 Ford Fiesta LX that's done 90,000ks. It just had its 90k service.
I've had it RAA checked and they've said it's due for timing belt change (10 years/150,000ks). How much would this cost? And are there any other issues I should consider? Thanks

Kristie
Kristie

Pretty sure I never changed my timing belt and I’m at 180k

Fred

I purchased a 2009 WS Fiesta Zetec last October and found it required the timing belt change when I read the manual. Given the previous owner's attitude to servicing, there was no way it would have been done. I did this: I bought the required parts online. I could get them cheaper than my mechanic could. Change the water pump at the same time. Be aware that "timing belt kits" often come with camshaft seals, and if your mechanic goes ahead and does them, you'll then need new bolts for the sprocket(s) they have to remove to get at the seals. They are once only usage "torque to yield" bolts. I'd suggest not to do the seals unless they obviously need replacement- and get the bolts in first. I'd also advise to have a new accessory belt on hand, mine started disintegrating within days of the timing belt work because they're stretch fit and not really designed to be reused. If the car runs like a hairy goat after the work, the cam timing's out. This happened to me, there were 3 bolts supplied to "lock" the camshaft and the workshop used the wrong one. All up cost for me was $1200, but that included a service with oil filter and 5W-20 oil (the recommended grade), a new driveshaft seal plus fitting, a wheel balance and a few other odds and sods. If no other work is required and you don't change the cam seals it might be in the $700 to $800 region. My mechanic has reasonable hourly rates, but charged me $104 for "special tools hire" which annoyed me. Presumably that wouldn't happen at a Ford dealership but they'd undoubtedly find other parts "needing" replacement.

Fred

It's likely to be in the region of $700-800 although my service was ~$1200 including parts. I had the gearbox end drive shaft seal replaced, a wheel balance and other odds and sods. I also supplied many of the parts as I could get them cheaper online than the workshop could get them in. Be aware that many "timing belt kits" come with cam seals, and if the workshop goes ahead and changes them, you'll need new sprocket bolts as they're single use only "torgue to yield". In my case that caused a delay of a week while they were ordered in and fitted. Also, the accessory belt on my car nearly disintegrated within days of getting it back: it's stretch to fit and not really designed for reuse, so get a new one of those as well as a water pump kit. You may also need a new thermostat, or at least it's sensible to have the extra parts fitted as so much has to be dismantled to do the timing belt. If you avoid the cam seals (i.e. they look fine) you might save up to $100 or possibly more in costs.

Compare all 8 Ford Fiesta
Extra Features
  • Automatic Wipers
  • Keyless Entry
  • Voice Control
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)5 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJan 2013Jan 2013Jan 2013Jan 2013