Ford Fiesta

Ford Fiesta (page 4 of 7)

WT, WS, WZ, etc...
See the Best Hatchbacks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Ford? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features

Markwa
MarkwaPerth, WA

Decent if flawed in some areas

Nikki
NikkiBrisbane

Totally disappointed

Worse car ever, very unsafe and would not recommend a Ford Fiesta or Focus to anyone. I purchased a new Fiesta 16 months ago and it has been back to Ford 6 times, has had 2 clutches as they are faulty but continue to sell these car and this has been an issue since 2011. There are thousands of people having these issues. To me Ford are just a disgrace. Check out this FB page 'Fix our Focus & Fiestas before buying 1.

MTS
MTSMelbourne

Transmission Issues not fixed after 5 services

What's the point of having a trendy car with all the gadgets inside when you don't even have the confidence to accelerate. Taken it back to the dealer 5 times in a period of 2.5 years and still having this issue. Will never buy a Ford again.

Big JohnPerth, WA

Good little performer.

I have the same problem engaging reverse in my manual 2014 Fiesta S found if you double clutch it's not a big deal. It's possible it's just wearing in. Apart from that it's an awesome little jigger. The engine is a peach plenty of power very economical and only 3 cylinders. Reckon a close ratio six speed manual would be a better box for it though.

BadgeSport EcoBoost
Big John

Problem free and still going strong after a year.

jad22
jad22Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Ford should be ashamed of themselves

A true lemon. It's not a case of what is wrong with it - rather what's right with it. The largest issue is the automatic transmission. I can't believe I brought a brand new car and received this piece of rubbish; it feels like I'm driving a clapped out old car. Ford (more specifically the Reef City Ford dealership in Gladstone, Aus.) have basically wiped their hands of it. Biggest regret.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Vince R
Vince RSydney

What a lemon

Our 2009 Fiesta CL has gone through 2 sets of brake pads and rotors. Now at 90,000 km our timing belt has failed. It was due to be changed at 150,000. The warranty for Ford is nowhere near any of the other car brands. We will never buy another Ford again - EVER.

BadgeCL
Sue MFar North Queensland, QLD

Very good runaround town car

BadgeTrend
Sue M

No spare tyre and not warned

Am so cheesed off with this car as a single woman. I got no discount on the new car, no trade in for my old Ford and ripped off on the window tinting. Thanks Ford Maddington never again. Had I known there was but a tyre filer in the boot I would never have bought it. I've had two flat tyres and each time has been a nightmare to get them fixed.

Rhonda
RhondaSydney, NSW

2008 Ford Fiesta

I love my Fiesta, and have no complaints at all, will definitely get another when it's time to upgrade. But that won't be for a few years yet. Best small car I have ever had.

Falling apart

I have a 2009 automatic Ford Fiesta and it is falling apart. Also is now underivable as it will not select a gear. Just want to burn it!!

MXW
MXWSydney

Transmission problems or who cares?

I've had my 2014 Fiesta back to Ford 3 times since I bought it in April this year. The transmission problems were getting worse despite the services. The car "died" in the middle of a busy Sydney road in the peak hour yesterday. It took a long time for us to be rescued, as the Ford Roadside Assistant couldn't find my car registered in their system!
It was a frustrating experience with Ford’s poor-quality products and services!

Jim C
Jim CGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

An utterly convincing car to drive and live with.

Date PurchasedJuly 2010

Isabella
Isabella

Fantastic Car

Find out how Ford Fiesta compares to other Hatchbacks

Low gears are trouble in any language

With a new gearbox it would be a great little car. I have driven Ford cars since 1958 not all new, in U.K.

FordFiesta
FordFiestaCoffs Harbour

Nothing but transmission problems

Did you purchase a Ford Fiesta 2011+ Model?
We did. We have had nothing but problems with the transmission even after numerous returns to the service dept. It is intermittently have issues changing gears shuddering when accelerating from a standing position, with horrible grinding noises when changing gears, and the occasional loss of power when needing to accelerate quickly. The car now feels SO UNSAFE to drive we've decided to garage it and only use our second car (not a Ford).

king_45
king_45Central West, NSW

Ford Fiesta WZ 2013 Good Little Car

Ford Fiesta WZ 2013 Trend 6 speed auto. After 9 months and 15000kms this is a great little car. Plenty of go in the engine smooth automatic gearbox. Good fuel economy about 6l/100km. The Trend has all the whistles and bells that work well including cruise and Ford sync. The handling is very good and the car seems to be extremely reliable with no faults requiring correction at the first annual service.

Rear passenger space is very limited and the boot is rather small. There is a big space for the spare wheel but it comes with a tyre repair kit.

Overall a very positive experience from this car and Ford.
Nice looking willing little engine
Lack of space rear passengers

BadgeTrend
Mae
MaeMontrose

Ford Fiesta 2013 gearbox problems

plumbossPerth, WA

Ford Fiesta 2011 Ztec WT Diesel

We purchased the car in 2012 with 10,000 K's on the clock and have now done 68,000 K's with only one break down (electrical covered under warranty), very reliable. The original brake pads still have 40% left. Our 45 Kg Labrador travels with us, as well as grand children at different times, and the interior still cleans up and looks new (nothing broken). Very economical over 700 K's on 36 Ltrs. Factory sports suspension is fun and safe to drive. I can definitely recommend this vehicle.
Reliability Economy
Power

plumboss

We have now driven 220,000 K's and going strong. Only minor repairs, clutch master cylinder, battery and timing belt. Still get the same economy. Happy with this purchase.

Best car ever owned

I purchased a brand new CL in 2009 and it was the best car I had ever owned. Never had any trouble with it nor spent any money on it apart from regular servicing. I sold the car this year as I moved country. I regretfully purchased a different car 2 months ago, and deeply regret it. I'm about to trade that car in for another Fiesta, everything else pales in comparison.
Style, convenience, reliable, fun to drive

BadgeCL

Great Car

Have had my LX Diesel Sedan for over three years now, no troubles what so ever, have driven from Brisbane to Canberra several times, wonderful economy, good mid speed acceleration and hill climbing. Seats supportive and comfortable and find the cruise control easy to use. Purchased a full size spare, tinted windows and got a bonnet protector.
Economy: 4.4l/100 on long trips. Easy to use 5 speed manual, mid speed power. Big boot.
Not a friendly to use radio/bluetooth/cd console. No spare.

BadgeLX
BodySedan
A to B driver
A to B driverBrisbane

Just right !

I'm not fussed about technicalities. I was after a good quality, no hassles car that will take me from A to B with a bit of style thrown in for good measure. My Fiesta definitely delivers on all the above. And for those out there that keep complaining about the Powershift feature I have to say that it performs just fine; no problems/weird sounds or whatever people have been talking about.
Design, reliability, price
Nothing really for an entry level small car.

MichaelSydney, NSW

Look great and very economical.

Michael

One thing that is terrible on this car is the interior light, other than that 18 months later i still think it's a great car.

Liz
LizGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Clutch Problems - Ford Fiesta

Brought new Fiesta in 2011 and have had ongoing problems with the clutch. When reversing, the clutch does not always engage and I end up burning metal accompanied by a loud sound. Very annoying and embrassing. Have been an owner of many cars and this has never happened to me before. Have gone back to dealer several times and directly contacted Ford Australia, who investigated and told me that it was a normal function and characteristic of the car. Seriously? Had I known this was an inherent design or flaw of the car, would never have purchased.
Good fuel consumption and body style

david hambleton