Ford Fiesta

• Features
Natalie

NatalieSouth East Queensland, QLD

DO NOT BUY

Ford Fiesta Automatic Powershift transmission has been known to have issues, they have been fined by ACCC but nothing is happening for customers, I have gone back 4 times since I have bought this car in 2013 and they use excuses like it's my driving or I need to speed more on the highway. I asked how many times do I need to come back before I get a refund and they said until it is fixed, this was after the second replacement. I will never buy from Ford again and now I cannot onsell as I wouldn't put someone else through this. Absolutely disgusting, I have put in a customer complaint and received no contact.

Purchased in February 2013 for $20,000.00.

Jane do

Jane do

Dont buy

Purchased in May 2013 at Jarvis Cars for $16,000.00.

Year2012
Comfort
Features

danielrya87

danielrya87South East Queensland, QLD

Brand new car leaked worse than my convertible!

Purchased in November 2013 at Ford Dealers for $23,000.00.

Year2013
Boot Size
Comfort
Features

This car has been a Lemon since day 1

This car has spent so much time at ford almost everything has been replaced. Ford have been really good with replacing parts under warranty. I will never buy another ford after this. It has had all the fuel system, pump, line replaced twice. Gearbox completely replaced (as part of class action) clutch replaced. Front dash and all disks replaced. And still has CONSTANT problems everyday.

Date PurchasedApr 2012

Terrible car

Terrible transmition problems.
In every traffic light breaks down
Back to the dealer day after day who reset programs.
but nothing again, only money, money
I see other reviews i am sincerely surprised
Its an extraordinary car??
What the hell they make and sell
No more ford, no more ford.
Stay away!

Badgeok
Date PurchasedAug 2005

Ok except the transmission

Very disappointed in this car, to the point that we hardly ever drive it in case it breaks down. Constant clutch and gear problems - sounds like a bag of nuts and bolts loose in a bag. it's been back to the dealer constantly who reset programs and replace clutch. Terrible car.

BadgeOne
Date PurchasedMar 2016
Jen

JenSydney

FORD Shudders

I purchased the car 2 years ago and it has flaws in it's transmission. It has been repaired 3 times in 2 years, Ford have extended the warranty because of the issue. Initially they were reluctant to fix but had far too much pressure. Mechanics at Ford said "it drives like this because 3-4 people are driving the car and have different driving styles".... Really, it's a car. It's sluggish, shudders and adolescents in the house cannot drive it to Uni, as they feel unsafe with it's performance.

BadgeTrend

AllanBroken Hill, NSW

Economy Class Ride

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Find out how Ford Fiesta compares to other Hatchbacks

You Get What You Pay For. Unfortunately!

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Aynur Anna

Aynur AnnaMelbourne

Terrible

I have a fiesta zetec. It's the most unsafe car l have ever had. Would never recommend a ford to anyone. They are friendly at first when you purchase the car and then they are rude and not helpful with all the problems the car has had. The car is a LEMON. There needs to be lemon laws to protect the consumer. Will never purchase a ford again.

BadgeZetec
Date PurchasedOct 2012
Annoyed

AnnoyedTownsville

Ford sucks! Never again.

Date PurchasedApr 2013
RABIN

RABINBRISBANE QLD

this car has big issue with gear box or whole engine.please never buy.only body looks nice.

I bought ford fiesta 2013 brand new from ford dealer. Since my first day, I found it has something wrong but keep on driving because it was my first new car in my life. I thought I will be fine after driving few kilometres. but never improved. now its just 3 years old. I took to ford service centre last week and they said nothing wrong with this car. they did not do anything at all. I have no idea where to go now. This car has transmission shudders, jerks feels like gear box is breaking down instantly and loss of power in the low gears speed.

Date PurchasedJuly 2013
Hollie1408

Hollie1408Sunshine Coast

Would not recommend!

BadgeTrend
dannytocchet

dannytocchetDrummoyne, New South Wales

Stay away

Had transmission fix 12 months ago, transmission shutter has returned, Brand new car what a lemon. I would suggest to people to highly consider to stay away from this car.

Worst car ever

Iv had trouble with this car from day one transmission shudders and jerks feels like the gear box is going to fall out. Have taken it back to dealers 11 times and still no better . Dealing with ford and head office is total waste of time they are as hopeless as the car . Dont ever buy a ford

SylvieL

SylvieLMelbourne

Unfixable transmission - stay away from auto!

As others have mentioned, there's a massive design flaw in the "auto" dual clutch transmission in fiesta and ford vehicles. There is no fix and they are unsafe. Currently dealing with ACCC to get full refund as Ford is mostly ignoring this global issue - class action already underway overseas!

BadgeZetec
TransmissionAutomatic

Clutch failed at 4500 Ford say not covered by warranty car is a 2015.

I thought it was a good car to drive apart from changing gear from 1st to 2nd quite difficult to change
Interior was fine quite comfortable
Not at all reliable, beware of Ford warranty, clutch failed at 4500 miles Ford say not covered on warranty although this was down to [name removed] trying to blame bad driving.

C Q

C QBrisbane

Piece of crap

I to have had major issues with my Fiesta 2012.It has been back to the dealer 4 times in the last 18 months with shuddering, jerking and loss of power in the low gears. They have replaced the transmission, and 2 weeks ago the clutch assembly was replaced.I was told it will always have a slight shudder when first taking off.If I could afford it I would get rid of it ( the service guy nodded his head when I told him this ) and never buy another Ford again.Obviuosly they knew about these issues when I first enquired about buying one, and no spare tyre to boot another thing they ommited to tell me, stay away from the Ford Fiesta and the Focus.

NPG123

NPG123

Transmission Issues - UNFIXABLE

I purchased a brand new 2014 model Fiesta in May last year, so it is now just about a year old. Since day 1 I have had issues with the car's transmission. It shakes, shudders, lags excessively and drops out of gear while on the motorway. I have taken it in 5 times under warranty, and they cannot fix it. I have even had my clutch replaced, and still no luck, that actually made it worse. Currently my car is at the dealership while Fair Trading deal with them! DO NOT buy a Ford Fiesta/Focus with the new 'dual-clutch' transmission. This car is a safety hazard!!!

Roy O.

Roy O.asked

Fiesta

As a fiesta eco boost 1000cc got a cam belt or time omg chain?

Nico

Nicoasked

Fiesta WP (2004-2005)

I am considering purchasing a 2005 Ford Festiva. Are there any common issues associated with this model?

Rach

Rachasked

Fiesta

Hi, I'm looking at buying a 2010 Ford Fiesta LX that's done 90,000ks. It just had its 90k service.
I've had it RAA checked and they've said it's due for timing belt change (10 years/150,000ks). How much would this cost? And are there any other issues I should consider? Thanks

Kristie
Kristie

Pretty sure I never changed my timing belt and I’m at 180k

Fred17

I purchased a 2009 WS Fiesta Zetec last October and found it required the timing belt change when I read the manual. Given the previous owner's attitude to servicing, there was no way it would have been done. I did this: I bought the required parts online. I could get them cheaper than my mechanic could. Change the water pump at the same time. Be aware that "timing belt kits" often come with camshaft seals, and if your mechanic goes ahead and does them, you'll then need new bolts for the sprocket(s) they have to remove to get at the seals. They are once only usage "torque to yield" bolts. I'd suggest not to do the seals unless they obviously need replacement- and get the bolts in first. I'd also advise to have a new accessory belt on hand, mine started disintegrating within days of the timing belt work because they're stretch fit and not really designed to be reused. If the car runs like a hairy goat after the work, the cam timing's out. This happened to me, there were 3 bolts supplied to "lock" the camshaft and the workshop used the wrong one. All up cost for me was $1200, but that included a service with oil filter and 5W-20 oil (the recommended grade), a new driveshaft seal plus fitting, a wheel balance and a few other odds and sods. If no other work is required and you don't change the cam seals it might be in the $700 to $800 region. My mechanic has reasonable hourly rates, but charged me $104 for "special tools hire" which annoyed me. Presumably that wouldn't happen at a Ford dealership but they'd undoubtedly find other parts "needing" replacement.

Fred17

It's likely to be in the region of $700-800 although my service was ~$1200 including parts. I had the gearbox end drive shaft seal replaced, a wheel balance and other odds and sods. I also supplied many of the parts as I could get them cheaper online than the workshop could get them in. Be aware that many "timing belt kits" come with cam seals, and if the workshop goes ahead and changes them, you'll need new sprocket bolts as they're single use only "torgue to yield". In my case that caused a delay of a week while they were ordered in and fitted. Also, the accessory belt on my car nearly disintegrated within days of getting it back: it's stretch to fit and not really designed for reuse, so get a new one of those as well as a water pump kit. You may also need a new thermostat, or at least it's sensible to have the extra parts fitted as so much has to be dismantled to do the timing belt. If you avoid the cam seals (i.e. they look fine) you might save up to $100 or possibly more in costs.

Compare all 8 Ford Fiesta
Extra Features
  • Automatic Wipers
  • Keyless Entry
  • Voice Control
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)5 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJan 2013Jan 2013Jan 2013Jan 2013