WT, WS, WZ, etc...
See the Best Hatchbacks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Ford? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features

No_longer_a_Ford_fan
No_longer_a_Ford_fanFar North Queensland, QLD

Great to drive, awful to own

Purchased in April 2015 for $13,000.00.

Stevo GJ
Stevo GJNSW, 2340

Don'y buy the Automatic

Purchased in August 2015 at Ford Dealers for $13,000.00.

Other Hatchbacks

Tommy
TommyMelbourne

Trouble with transmission

Purchased this car brand new. Good enough drive/easy to maneuver, but the transmission they use has a fault that Ford do not seem able to fix.

Quite often when accelerating, the car will shudder a bit. First few times I mentioned to the service dept, they said they updated the software. Eventually had to get replaced and still had issues.

BadgeCL
Date PurchasedNov 2012
Hatchbacks

Find out how Ford Fiesta compares to other Hatchbacks

Grant
GrantMelbourne

Watch for Crook Clutches / Faulty / Noisy Gearbox

Had for 2 years and then traded after clutches replaced due to shuddering (known Ford DSG / clutch issue) , and the surfacing of gearbox noises. Dealer advised that gearbox would be repaired / replaced under warrantee if it fails. Had to wait for month for clutch replacement as there was a large queue ahead of us. Very comfortable car just let down by clutch / gearbox issues. Traded in on VW Polo after wife refused to drive Fiesta again. The Polo has a similar DSG gearbox to Fiesta but VW does not appear to suffer from DSB / clutch problems in past few years.

BadgeZetec

Good small compact car but POOR TRANSMISSION

Powershift transmission is terrible. It often shudders and have issues with shifting on lower gears (especially on road humps). Sent it to Ford to fix the issue, but after a few days issue was back. Every time I bring it in for it's annual service, issue is fixed but after a few days it always comes back. I've had the car close to 5 years now and it's getting worse. Although its fuel efficient and easy to park, the transmission is very bad. If I had known that it's a common issue with Ford Fiesta cars, we probably wouldn't have purchased the car.

BadgeLX

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Vince R
Vince RSydney

What a lemon

Our 2009 Fiesta CL has gone through 2 sets of brake pads and rotors. Now at 90,000 km our timing belt has failed. It was due to be changed at 150,000. The warranty for Ford is nowhere near any of the other car brands. We will never buy another Ford again - EVER.

BadgeCL
BodyHatch

No spare tyre and not warned

Am so cheesed off with this car as a single woman. I got no discount on the new car, no trade in for my old Ford and ripped off on the window tinting. Thanks Ford Maddington never again. Had I known there was but a tyre filer in the boot I would never have bought it. I've had two flat tyres and each time has been a nightmare to get them fixed.

Falling apart

I have a 2009 automatic Ford Fiesta and it is falling apart. Also is now underivable as it will not select a gear. Just want to burn it!!

Other Hatchbacks

Low gears are trouble in any language

With a new gearbox it would be a great little car. I have driven Ford cars since 1958 not all new, in U.K.

Hatchbacks

Find out how Ford Fiesta compares to other Hatchbacks

steveMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No spare wheel is a safety issue

While I like our new Fiesta, where we bought it from in Mt Barker, SA, we were not told that it did not have a spare wheel. We only found out when we got a puncture out in the country, out of mobile phone range. It is a good car about from that, and the lights. With the internal dashboard light coming on when you start up, at night it gives you the impression that your main lights are on.
A nice drive
The lack of a spare wheel, and not being told about it. The dashboards lights being on when the main lights are not. The switch is on the dashboard instead of the steering wheel.

TransmissionManual
heaf
heaf
imolator
imolator

the fiesta doesn't have auto headlights, so no setting to change. the dash lights are on all the time independent of the headlight switch.

Original poster is correct, but when I had my Zetec it never bothered me.