WT, WS, WZ, etc...

• Comfort
  • Features

Aleks T.

Aleks T.Perth, WA

10 years and still indestructible.

Purchased in January 2010 at John Hughes Car Sales for $16,000.00.

Kumar

Kumar

Good car

Purchased this in Feb. Already been 2years. Using this car on daily basis for work,visiting family,buying groceries etc. Fuel efficient.good average. Servicing this car when required or advised. Good for small family.

Purchased in February 2017 at Ford Dealers for $14,000.00.

Therese

Therese

Doing OK so far 2006 model 126,000km

Date PurchasedJan 2008

savannahp

savannahpAU

A reliable, great looking car.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Reliable and great service

I was lucky enough to get a Ford at Volcan Ford Wollongong, they gave me a great price and they were honest about the pros and cons for a first car. They installed cruise control for no extra charge. There have been a few little issues, the wing mirror and the under-car spoiler is expensive to replace, but overall I'm happy with my little car!

BadgeCL

BadgeCL
KateR

KateRMelbourne

Great little city car

Great little car, zippy to drive. Happy I made the choice to upgrade to the sports model, I'm really happy with the transmission.
Interior is really comfortable. Visibility is good. I do mostly stop/start city driving but fuel efficiency seems good. Performs well on highway/freeways too.
Love the capped servicing, and haven't had any problems at all at this stage.

BadgeSport EcoBoost
TransmissionManual

Everything I could have expected and more

Very nice car. We got the car about 18 months ago. Very happy with driver and passenger leg and head room (I'm 6'3''). Very happy with audio, Bluetooth and USB capability. Very happy with driving performance.
Actually very hard to fault so far.
Done about 20,000km in 18 months. Probably deserves 4&1/2 stars!
Oh also fuel economy is insane.
We worked out we have saved over $2000 dollars compared to our previous V6 Holden in 18 months.

BadgeAmbiente
Alan Boyd

Alan BoydTallangatta

Great small car

Our Fiesta Zetec WZ 5 speed manual Turbo Diesel 2012 was purchased second hand in 2013 from local Ford Dealer with 8,700Kms. Has been a reliable car now with 43,000Kms on the clock with only a minor issue with the cruise control, which was a minor replacement of an electrical component under warranty. Chose the Fiesta because of the Turbo Diesel (Personal Choice) Is very economical returning 4.7 L/100Kms. Capped pricing for servicing makes this great buying.Customer Service from the local Ford Dealer is very good. Have had no other issues with this car

BadgeZetec

Shevek

ShevekBondi

On to my second Fiesta, both fine

Big JohnPerth, WA

Good little performer.

I have the same problem engaging reverse in my manual 2014 Fiesta S found if you double clutch it's not a big deal. It's possible it's just wearing in. Apart from that it's an awesome little jigger. The engine is a peach plenty of power very economical and only 3 cylinders. Reckon a close ratio six speed manual would be a better box for it though.

BadgeSport EcoBoost
Big John

Problem free and still going strong after a year.

Sue MFar North Queensland, QLD

Very good runaround town car

BadgeTrend
king_45

king_45Central West, NSW

Ford Fiesta WZ 2013 Good Little Car

Ford Fiesta WZ 2013 Trend 6 speed auto. After 9 months and 15000kms this is a great little car. Plenty of go in the engine smooth automatic gearbox. Good fuel economy about 6l/100km. The Trend has all the whistles and bells that work well including cruise and Ford sync. The handling is very good and the car seems to be extremely reliable with no faults requiring correction at the first annual service.

Rear passenger space is very limited and the boot is rather small. There is a big space for the spare wheel but it comes with a tyre repair kit.

Overall a very positive experience from this car and Ford.
Nice looking willing little engine
Lack of space rear passengers

BadgeTrend
Mae

MaeMontrose

Ford Fiesta 2013 gearbox problems

plumbossPerth, WA

Ford Fiesta 2011 Ztec WT Diesel

We purchased the car in 2012 with 10,000 K's on the clock and have now done 68,000 K's with only one break down (electrical covered under warranty), very reliable. The original brake pads still have 40% left. Our 45 Kg Labrador travels with us, as well as grand children at different times, and the interior still cleans up and looks new (nothing broken). Very economical over 700 K's on 36 Ltrs. Factory sports suspension is fun and safe to drive. I can definitely recommend this vehicle.
Reliability Economy
Power

BadgeZetec
plumboss

We have now driven 220,000 K's and going strong. Only minor repairs, clutch master cylinder, battery and timing belt. Still get the same economy. Happy with this purchase.

Great Car

Have had my LX Diesel Sedan for over three years now, no troubles what so ever, have driven from Brisbane to Canberra several times, wonderful economy, good mid speed acceleration and hill climbing. Seats supportive and comfortable and find the cruise control easy to use. Purchased a full size spare, tinted windows and got a bonnet protector.
Economy: 4.4l/100 on long trips. Easy to use 5 speed manual, mid speed power. Big boot.
Not a friendly to use radio/bluetooth/cd console. No spare.

BodySedan
A to B driver

A to B driverBrisbane

Just right !

I'm not fussed about technicalities. I was after a good quality, no hassles car that will take me from A to B with a bit of style thrown in for good measure. My Fiesta definitely delivers on all the above. And for those out there that keep complaining about the Powershift feature I have to say that it performs just fine; no problems/weird sounds or whatever people have been talking about.
Design, reliability, price
Nothing really for an entry level small car.

Rhinotr2000

AnonymousMelbourne

Wes80

Wes80Wollongong

Great value small car

I test drove most cars around the $15k price and found the fiesta to be the best on paper eg. power, safety, fuel economy and dynamics. and in the real world it was the best car i drove. micra was uncomfortable, notchy and slow, barina was just slow and outdated, barina spark very slow, alto was ok but too small, i can't fault it so far and my last car was a 2002 XR8 falcon. there maybe a few things i would like it to have but for $15k driveaway i can deal without them
Fuel economy, driving feel, handling,
Small backseat area, doesn't go like a 90kw engine in a 1060kg car should (a 107kw mazda 3 will eat it)

Roy O.

Roy O.asked

Fiesta

As a fiesta eco boost 1000cc got a cam belt or time omg chain?

Nico

Nicoasked

Fiesta WP (2004-2005)

I am considering purchasing a 2005 Ford Festiva. Are there any common issues associated with this model?

Rach

Rachasked

Fiesta

Hi, I'm looking at buying a 2010 Ford Fiesta LX that's done 90,000ks. It just had its 90k service.
I've had it RAA checked and they've said it's due for timing belt change (10 years/150,000ks). How much would this cost? And are there any other issues I should consider? Thanks

Kristie
Kristie

Pretty sure I never changed my timing belt and I’m at 180k

Fred

I purchased a 2009 WS Fiesta Zetec last October and found it required the timing belt change when I read the manual. Given the previous owner's attitude to servicing, there was no way it would have been done. I did this: I bought the required parts online. I could get them cheaper than my mechanic could. Change the water pump at the same time. Be aware that "timing belt kits" often come with camshaft seals, and if your mechanic goes ahead and does them, you'll then need new bolts for the sprocket(s) they have to remove to get at the seals. They are once only usage "torque to yield" bolts. I'd suggest not to do the seals unless they obviously need replacement- and get the bolts in first. I'd also advise to have a new accessory belt on hand, mine started disintegrating within days of the timing belt work because they're stretch fit and not really designed to be reused. If the car runs like a hairy goat after the work, the cam timing's out. This happened to me, there were 3 bolts supplied to "lock" the camshaft and the workshop used the wrong one. All up cost for me was $1200, but that included a service with oil filter and 5W-20 oil (the recommended grade), a new driveshaft seal plus fitting, a wheel balance and a few other odds and sods. If no other work is required and you don't change the cam seals it might be in the $700 to $800 region. My mechanic has reasonable hourly rates, but charged me $104 for "special tools hire" which annoyed me. Presumably that wouldn't happen at a Ford dealership but they'd undoubtedly find other parts "needing" replacement.

Fred

It's likely to be in the region of $700-800 although my service was ~$1200 including parts. I had the gearbox end drive shaft seal replaced, a wheel balance and other odds and sods. I also supplied many of the parts as I could get them cheaper online than the workshop could get them in. Be aware that many "timing belt kits" come with cam seals, and if the workshop goes ahead and changes them, you'll need new sprocket bolts as they're single use only "torgue to yield". In my case that caused a delay of a week while they were ordered in and fitted. Also, the accessory belt on my car nearly disintegrated within days of getting it back: it's stretch to fit and not really designed for reuse, so get a new one of those as well as a water pump kit. You may also need a new thermostat, or at least it's sensible to have the extra parts fitted as so much has to be dismantled to do the timing belt. If you avoid the cam seals (i.e. they look fine) you might save up to $100 or possibly more in costs.

Compare all 8 Ford Fiesta
Extra Features
  • Automatic Wipers
  • Keyless Entry
  • Voice Control
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)5 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJan 2013Jan 2013Jan 2013Jan 2013