Ford Focus

Ford Focus (page 4 of 18)

LW Mk2, LW Mk1, LS, etc...

• Braking
  • Features
Elizabeth

ElizabethNorthcote

Ford Focus EPAS Power Steering Failure

This is just an update on the common EPAS failure in the 2011 - 2015 Ford Focus. I own a 2011 model, which is out of warranty by almost 2 years. After the EPAS steering failed, I was presented with a $6000 bill to repair it. I filed against Ford Australia in VCAT under the Australian Consumer Law. Ford settled and paid for the repair before the court date and the matter has now been finalised. I urge anyone else with this issue to do your research and if possible, file in consumer court under the ACL.

BadgeTitanium
Date PurchasedMay 2013
Henry

HenryBROOKDALE

Ford Focus, A friendly and practical family car.

I often use it to work.Although this car is small, but also can be satisfied with the family.I also often participate in other car friends self-driving tour.I use the car every day.I provide daily maintenance, as well as periodic maintenance.My car is still relatively new, so there are no problems.

BadgeSport

Date PurchasedJune 2016

Michael

MichaelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Technically a lemon

This car has had numerous issues with its Power-shift transmission\clutch. I bought the car brand-new and it has never had a new car feeling because of it's jerky starts. Very disappointing, but I will give it an extra star for the features and general build quality - it does feel a lot more robust than the other cars in the same class that I test drove.

Date PurchasedJune 2012
monos111

monos111PAKENHAM

Stay away .. horrible gear box

The gear box is a disaster always have an issue with the gear box and get ford to fix it - like every 10000~15000 K,
It's very dangerous car as it can't take off in the needed speed so it's very dangerous in freeway.

Ford are not trusted anymore and they refuse to take the responsibility of their trouble car which ended up heading to the court.
Very soon will here about a huge figure for combansetion .

Date PurchasedJuly 2014
Jules

JulesPerth

Only a matter of time before there's a fatality....

Date PurchasedMay 2012

Date PurchasedMar 2012
Brad C

Brad C

2011 FORD Focus Lemon

2011 Ford Focus Steering has failed. Its a know issue with Ford Australia but they refuse to recall or fix. USA has done a recall but not Australia. Would not recommend. I refuse to pay for a part thats failed due to no fault of my own. Ford even told me there was nothing I could have done to prevent it and that it is a know issue.

Date PurchasedDec 2011

Laura

LauraPerth, WA

Dangerous to drive

Ford have lost the case against ACCC regarding faulty cars yet are refusing to fix the problems with them.
My ford focus stalls (automatic car), it will drive in reverse when I put in drive (and vice versa), the petrol gauge has not worked since day 1 and the time on the radio runs fast even though I always reset it.
The way myself and others are treated by the dealers is also a disgrace.

Date PurchasedApr 2014

This is a perfect car I don't want to leave it in Greece I want it here in Australia as I have a d

Body£2400
BadgeC-Max
RachelF

RachelFMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Power Steering Failure

You can add my Focus to the list needing to have the power steering replaced. Submitted a claim to Ford Australia for compensation but was denied as the car is out of warranty and too old. It’s only done 30000km. $3004 plus installation for the replacement part which four weeks later I’m still waiting on as they have no stock in Australia. After reading other reviews I will be following this up further with Ford Australia as I too should be entitled to some form of compensation. Apparently this issue was made know to Ford in May 2011; if I was aware of this, I would not have purchased this car. Other than that I have been reasonably happy with the car however in hindsight would not purchase again regardless of power steering issues.

Date PurchasedAug 2011
Paying customer

Paying customer

Awesome Car

I have been so lucky I've had the car only for three weeks and have encountered zero problems.
I have the base model,the drive is smooth and quiet and the finish of the car is all quality. The comfort level is outstanding... Compared to my other cars. Fuel is great 7.3/100.
Other all Im very happy..

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Dagg

Daggmelbourne

Cheap ford substandard customer service.

We just had a service, tried to get the inbuilt GPS maps updated. It turns out that is not included, if you want to update the GPS you have to go on to the ford web site and buy a new SD card for $200 with no updates included. So if you want to stay up to date you have to spend $200 each year. This stinks! You can go to Jb HiFi and get a unit with life time updates.

BadgeTDCi
Date PurchasedMar 2012

Disappointing Ford focus

I bought new a 2013 ford focus. Was good getting the transmission recall done under warranty in 2016 but the car also needed the main seal replaced. We went through 3 sets of rear tyres to one front set and was puzzled as to why this was happening. 2yrs on now in 2018 and the shutter is back in the transmission so fortunately this was fixed under warranty (within 14,000km of expiry) and once again the main seal was leaking and we had to pay to replace it. A week after this was done the steering assist malfunction light comes on as i start my car. I was unable to drive the car and had it towed..its now costing me thousands to replace the steering rack..just unacceptable from a 5yr old car at 140,000km. Disappointing.

Date PurchasedMay 2013

Rusty

Rusty

Most annoying pile of you know what

BadgeLX

BadgeSport
Date PurchasedAug 2012
Stressed out

Stressed out

Used to have a ford focus

The potential to be a great car, but it is not. Faulty transmission that has a 4-5 second delay on acceleration, very dangerous An intermittent fault in the cruise control, also very dangerous, and the noisiest car I have even driven.on non skid surfaces. Trade in value? Informed people do not want them. The Ford dealership did not acknowledge there were any faults. I offered the manager my car for a week to drive his wife and kids around in, he declined the offer. No more Fords for me.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Tabula Rasa

Tabula RasaFrankston North

Great little car

Great little car for basic running around. Packed full of features. Lots of boot space for its size. Feels more like a larger sedan to drive but has the convenience of being a small car for city parking. Loads of tech so its full of features and feels more like a premium vehicle than a small run about