Ford Mondeo MC

Ford Mondeo MC (2010-2014) Questions & Answers

Hatchback, Wagon
Brand Manager for Ford? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

58 questions from our users

Garrett L.
Garrett L.asked
Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

I have 2010 Ford Mondeo automatic and when you put the car into reverse and give it gas it keeps cutting out why does the car do that

teenzasked
Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

There is a 2011deisek auto for sale by needs new transmission how much to fix.?

Stephen B.
Stephen B.

Quote for my 2014 model with 85000km on the clock was $15000 for new transmission so the car was a write off.

Thanks .

Chris. S
Chris. Sasked
Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

Hi, I have a mondeo 2012 wagon which I enjoy . Except occasionally the engine malfunction light comes on. I have to stop car and restart. I took it to local ford service centre, they couldn't find any faults in the computer system. They say bring it in when this happens. This is fine but you never know when its going to happen next. Any answers please.

David Sheilds
David Sheilds

Go buy yourself a cheap OBD2 scanner and keep it with you so you can diagnose when it occurs

Ben S.
Ben S.asked

Hi guys

I have ford mondeo ecoboost .
I did a oil’s change included gear oil,

The garage used the manufacture recommended gear oil & filters.

After few days I got “limited transmission “
Worning in yellow.
The car works perfectly I got this message twice as the car was standing without use for 2 days , it happened only on cold start.

I go back to the garage they did computer check and didn’t find nothing ‍♂️

I never had this problem before the gear oil change...

Please can I get serious advices what to do next? It’s a ford manufacturer garage...

Jolly181
Jolly181asked
MC (Hatchback) (2010-2014)

Hi All...

This morning, we had to have our battery replaced and once that was done and the car restarted, I noticed that even though the A/C was ON, the air was not circulating..?? I powered off the A/C and back on, but still did not work..!! Is there something I should be doing to reset the A/C again..???

Cheers

Julius

Jody O.
Jody O.asked

Ford Mondeo - 2014.
Do you need to check auto transmission fluid for this model if so. Where is the dipstick location as there is nothing in my Ford MC owner manual,

Cheers Jody

Mark L.

Hi Jody your car is more than likely equipped with the powershift wet clutch dsg gearbox. No dipstick to check just make sure the gearbox is serviced every 60000klms i.e fluid and filter changed.

Moana E.
Moana E.asked
MC (Wagon) (2010-2014)

My Mondeo wagon audio doesn't work?? No radio/cd or aux... Display...'no audio' .. no sound... And now cannot push any button... Stays on 'aux'.. please help!... On/ off button does work.... Also... my parking sensors alarms and reverse gear alarms do not sound either!! Omg!

Jason
Jason

Hi Moana, did you end up getting this fixed? My partner's Mondeo is doing the exact same thing and we can't work out the problem!

Michael K.
Michael K.asked
Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

My 2013 Mondeo 2.0 diesel (136000km) needs auto gearbox replacement or repaired; apparently not service at 120k by previous owner and now none of the gears work. Does anyone know what are the suitable gearboxes for this model

Sergio D.asked
Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

Does anyone know if the transmission limited function is also just a “safe limp home” mode due to other issues. I don’t think the gearbox is misbehaving. My obd2 scanner didn’t identify any codes but digging down deeper I found 4 codes all related to switches.
C1513 - Brake switch circuit error
C1702 - Variant coding error
C1102 - Battery Voltage Low
C1283 - Yaw rate & G sensor-signal
Would any of these switches lead to a limp home mode

Mark L.

Hi Sergio dont know the answer to that but often with modern cars if the Battery is suspect it will cause the computer to play up. Seeming there is a code for low battery check the condition of the battery with a tester to see if that is the problem.

Sergio D.

Thanks for that Mark. I should have added that the battery was changed about 12 months ago by the RACV. Next to all the codes it says “current” so I assume these codes are not historic and never cleared

Sergio D.

Thanks Mark, I should have said that battery was replaced within past 12 months. Next to the code, it says current so I don’t think it was code has been there since before replacing battery.

Tracey H.
Tracey H.asked
MC (Wagon) (2010-2014)

Hi
I have 2010 Mondeo Diesel 6 speed auto I was driving on highway this morning and warning came up " transmission hot touch brake" I pulled over turned if off only for about 2 mins then continued on my way kept leaver in Drive and warning did not appear again, Does any1 know why this warning may have appeared ?

Mark L.

Hi Tracey sounds like transmission has gotten too hot for some reason and computer has told you to put the brakes on and slow down so it can cool down. Hopefully transmission is only due for an oil and filter change. Check log book to see when this was last done. Needs to be done every 60000klms max!!! When this is done get mechanic to check computer with scan tool to see if any error codes were logged.

Mark L.

Tracey put some newspaper on the ground under the engine gearbox and see if there are any leaks overnight from the transmission as it could be low on fluid. Topping up or changing the transmission fluid is a bit of a fiddly process. If its leaking definitely a problem and will cause transmission to overheat as will overdue for a change transmission fluid service.

Ryan L.
Ryan L.asked
Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

Been looking to buy a new car, went today to test drive an auto 2010 Ford mondeo wagon. When taking off from stopped the car kinda jolts a bit but once you get going it’s fine. I can’t take it to look at a mechanic due to covid, any idea of what it is and how much it could cost to fix?

Mark L.

Yeah they can be a bit jerky sometimes when slowing then accelerating etc.Good test is to drive up a steep hill and just note if tacho is fluctuating once in top gear i.e 100 or 200rpm which indicates clutches are slipping.Tacho should be steady when cruising under load with constant throttle.Also make sure gearbox has been serviced at minimum 60klm intervals as keeping trans fluid clean in these is critical.Changes on the go under acceleration should be fairly seamless.Im not a mechanic and only speaking from experience.

Barry
Barryasked
MC (Hatchback) (2010-2014)

Hi there
I have a 2014 Mondeo MC diesel hatch 102000km.
How often do I need to change the Camshaft drive belt, (if at all). Is this chain driven?
I think I need to change the auxiliary drive belts every 180000km or 10 years though.

Mark L.

Hi Barry mc tdci has a timing belt that ford recommend be changed at 200k or 10 years.The water pump and idler and guides are changed as well hence 10 year coolant change from new as well.They also have a chain that should last the life of the engine if the correct oil is used. Going to get mine done in next year or so and go to ford as my mechanic hasnt got the tool to lock the cams while the belt etc are replaced.

Luke w.
Luke w.asked
Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

Hi I would like to know if the mk3 mondeo gearbox could bolt up to a mk4 engine?
Cheers.

Nishad H.asked
Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

Hi My Ford MC Mondeo LX Turbo Diesel transmission fault. The 5th gear and reverse gear are faulty, doesn't allow me to reverse my car. Any suggestions for 2013 model and 185k kms?
Better to get off the car or replace a second hand transmission?
Nishad

Laurie P

Get off the car, see if you can trade it in!

Yes I sold it.....Thanks

Ron C.
Ron C.asked
Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

2012 ford mondeo diesel has slight clutch shudder on takeoff and revs up aprox 500 revs on gear change has had oil changed as per service schedule every time .is there a control module or is it the gearbox?

Laurie P

Sounds like the gearbox, trade it in quick!

mehmod r.
mehmod r.asked
Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

Hi I have 2012 Ford Mondeo Hatch 2.0 ecoboost petrol my car transmission light is on it says limited function and transmission malfunction and When these sign appears car doesn’t change shifts I have taken to my regular mechanic and he had referred me to transmission specialist because mechanic couldn’t find any oil leakage from transmission or from engine, transmission service was done on time , but when went to see the transmission specialist he found through his computer that both manual mode n auto mode are stuck because of rockers and it will cost me $1200 please advise me what to do thanks

7empest
7empest

I’m not a real doctor mate

Joe.A.N
Joe.A.Nasked

Any problems with 6 speed auto, timing belt. 2011,TDCI

JD Qldasked
Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

Hi, I have a 2013 MC diesel wagon with approx 112 klms.
I've read a few forums about people having trouble with their auto trans shuddering and jolting whilst going UP through the gears and on take-off etc, but has anyone had any jolting/jerking/harsh gear changes occurring whilst stopping or when the trans is changing DOWN through the gears to a halt, or close to stopping, or even when just slowing right down to turn left or right etc? It seems to be when the trans is changing down from 3rd to 2nd and then to 1st, all the rest seem ok.
It does this on occasion at first, and then does it more the warmer the motor gets. But can also do it at unexpected times as well?? And it doesn't seem to matter if i pull up nice and slowly and gently, or apply the brakes to stop a bit more quickly, it still does it.
Anyone else have this happening or able to tell me what the problem might be?
It's an ex sales rep car so the books are very good, plus I had a mechanic check the car before I bought it.
He mentioned at the time that 60,000klm service had been done, and there was evidence of this as he noticed that the bolts had all been removed/taken off etc at 'some stage' as well..
So any ideas..?
Thanks, and Much Appreciated :)

Garrys
Garrys

Hi - I have the same car - MC diesel wagon. It's a really great car. Transmission started doing the same thing at 152000km and got progressively worse over a month or so. Eventually failed (google "ford mondeo dual clutch issues") and needed a transmission rebuild - $4400.00. 30000 kms later and all good (touch wood). Work ws done in Tullamarine Melb if you want their details.

Hi Garry,
Thanks for your reply.
Damn and Ouch! Touch wood that doesn't happen!
I was driving it again yesterday and it was pretty good, didn't do it much at all. It was an overcast day, so maybe the oil gets a bit thin on really hot days and makes the transmission play up a bit? Low on oil possibly/maybe??
I'm up at the Sunshine Coast so can't see the same mechanic as you. Thanks anyway :)
So does anyone know a good transmission place who won't rip me off, up here?

Music I.
Music I.

My 2012 turbo diesel was doing the same thing. The other day, my wife was driving and she had to do an emergency stop. She got a Limited function light on the dash and a box full of neutrals! Took it to an auto specialist, he hooked up his computer and performed a hard reset. It worked and I have drive again. He suggested servicing the trans, replacing the filter and selling it! Apparently m it's something to do with a small, internal filter becoming partially blocked and reducing fluid flow. The problem is, replacing the filter is a transmission out job...about $3000! This is why regular trans service and fluid change is so important in these cars :/

Mark s
Mark sasked
Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

Will an auto transmission from a 2013 petrol wagon fit a 2013 auto diesel wagon, thankyou Mark from australia.

Goldy
Goldyasked
Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

Hi ,does anyone knows where is the location of engine no. On the block ? 2010 2.0 litre deisel turbo duratorq.

Ford Mondeo MC (2010-2014)