Ford Mondeo MC (Hatchback)

Ford Mondeo MC (Hatchback) (2010-2014)

4.4

• Interior Design
  • Boot Size
  • Comfort
  • Features

Very fuel efficent family car

Purchased in February 2012 for $20,000.00.

nick i.
nick i.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Mostly good. Bit of a slow gearbox holds it back.

This car does the job. I have the diesel version and extremely fuel efficient. Only problem is when you accelerate at low speeds there is a massive lag which can be quite frustrating. Trying to pull out into a gap in traffic can be difficult. Other than that it’s a very functional car in all other aspects. Fantastic boot space. Great for bikes and don’t need a roof rack.

Purchased in January 2016 for $13,000.00.

Nice

I personally think that the car I chose to buy was a far more superior drive to even the newer ones I looked at. Performance is on tap, handling a little heavy, but I like that in a car. Hardly know it’s a diesel until you clock 900ks and still have room to move. Interior is hands on, easy to reach and navigate. Only dislike in this model/ year is where the window switches are located. Behind/ underneath door armrest. A little ‘ out of the way’ but 1st world problem. Being 6’2”, legroom is fantastic front and rear.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Maurice Smith
Maurice SmithMid North Coast, NSW

Great car. Best Ford ever!

The Mondeo is a great car. It has virtually all the same fittings and accessories as our Mercedes and cost significantly less. The only fault I can find with this car is that it is extremely difficult to get the ignition key in. It's tucked away behind the steering wheel and you really need to open the front door to find the keyhole!
Other than that it does everything really well, without fuss, and once a year servicing is economical

Date PurchasedJuly 2013

Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Gary
GarySydney

Great car for a great price.

BadgeTitanium EcoBoost
Date PurchasedApr 2012
Joel NorthcottSydney

95% Great car, very happy owner.

BadgeTitanium TDCi
Date PurchasedJan 2017
Joel Northcott

Update: Transmission needs to be replaced. Bye Mondeo

Joel Northcott

Update 2: Managed to trade car in with a PowerShift on its last legs. Now I drive an FGX Falcon. Back to a slush box transmission so good!

Great car - Bad Air con

Overall I've been very happy with my 2011 Zetec Mondeo Hatch. Fuel economy is good in the diesel and handles very well with a large boot. The only let down is the Aircon. It's blowing hot air and fuses. Taken it to Ford three times and they can't fix it? Asked another Ford dealership in Adelaide and they advised me the cost would be too high and they would need to get it to an air conditioner specialist. He diagnosed it as It could be the compressor or bad earthing? as the gas was good.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Simmo
SimmoMelbourne

Beware of the DSG

Well built car, ecoboost paired with power shift DSG was quick, smooth and responsive although slow to respond when pulling away from stopped. Equipment is a little dated now no screen for radio but it sounds great. I owned the Zetec and the seats were plain. Handling was good on fast sweeping bends but suspension was a little too soft for my liking. My owner experience didn't end well however as my service center didn't change the oil and filter in the DSG gearbox at 60000 kms resulting in the gearbox destroying itself at 90000 Kms. It is an $11000 fix! I traded it as it was and got less than $3000 for it.

BadgeZetec EcoBoost
Engine Size2.0L Turbo Petrol
Date PurchasedAug 2014

Nick
Nick

Fantastic car to drive & built to a high standard, great features

Great power & torque
Superb economy using 5.5ltrs per 100ks
High quality stereo & audio without distortion
Interior very spacious with lots of storage and boot space.
Easy to park
Not as loud as most Diesel engines
All round a amazing car that I liked so much bought another one for our family

BadgeLX TDCi
Have been educated Now
Have been educated NowBallarat

3 Years On - Love the car - but cant get over the problems!

Kingo

BadgeLX TDCi

Jolly181
Jolly181asked

Hi All...

This morning, we had to have our battery replaced and once that was done and the car restarted, I noticed that even though the A/C was ON, the air was not circulating..?? I powered off the A/C and back on, but still did not work..!! Is there something I should be doing to reset the A/C again..???

Cheers

Julius

Barry
Barryasked

Hi there
I have a 2014 Mondeo MC diesel hatch 102000km.
How often do I need to change the Camshaft drive belt, (if at all). Is this chain driven?
I think I need to change the auxiliary drive belts every 180000km or 10 years though.

Mark L.
Mark L.

Hi Barry mc tdci has a timing belt that ford recommend be changed at 200k or 10 years.The water pump and idler and guides are changed as well hence 10 year coolant change from new as well.They also have a chain that should last the life of the engine if the correct oil is used. Going to get mine done in next year or so and go to ford as my mechanic hasnt got the tool to lock the cams while the belt etc are replaced.

Naveed R.
Naveed R.asked
MC (Hatchback) (2010-2014)

Hi All. I was looking to buy 2012 Ford Mondeo zetec TDCI automatic (diesel) with 175,000 km on the clock. An older gentlemen is selling it cheap (around 6000$) in my suburb. I was looking to drive it for Uber (at least one year) due to its spacious interior / boot, and fuel economy. I have heard some bad reviews about its dual clutch transmission. Just asking folks out there, will it be a good buy. should i do pre-purchase inspection and how to do transmission check. what to look for ? etc. Thanks you.

Edward D.
Edward D.

The gear box MUST be serviced every 60,000km. If your transmission hasn't been serviced to 175,000 I'd keep well clear. I've got a 2011 taxi mondeo with a transmission that's done 380,000km and still strong, but I've strictly serviced it every 60,000.

Ford Mondeo MC (Hatchback) (2010-2014)

Compare all 10 Ford Mondeo
CategoryCars and Hatchbacks
Starting Price $30,990
TransmissionAutomatic
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrol