Ford Mondeo MD

Ford Mondeo MD (2015-2021) Questions & Answers

Also referred to as: Ford Mondeo MD 2020 and Ford Mondeo MD 2022. Wagon, Hatchback

21 questions from our users

w gurr
w gurrasked
MD (Hatchback) Trend (2015-2021)

where are the mondeo available a s the local ford dealers are not aware of a 2021 mondeo hatch 5 door
diesel being available what dealer has them

Barrie
Barrieasked

12/2015 Mondeo titanium hatchback
glass roof blind does not close all the way, it stops about 2 inches short.
anyone got any ideas ?

Dieseldelasked
Mondeo MD (2015-2021)

How do you disable tailgate chimes permanently on a 2019 ford mondeo?

Mark L.
Mark L.

Sorry dont know mine is an MC hatchback.There is a good site called Talkford. You might find the answer there if it is possoble.

Hi
Thanks for your reply. I’m already an active member on talkford. But had no replies as yet on this topic
But thanks again for trying to help.

G40rce
G40rceasked
Mondeo MD (2015-2021)

Hi,I’ve got a 2015 wagon and it’s a known fact the rear self leveling shocks crap out early and you can’t use lowering springs with them,can anyone recommend some replacement ones?thanks

Gee
Gee

I can’t find any aftermarket rear shocks for the wagon. Ford rear shocks are $1200 each. Did you have any luck?

Eddy
Eddy

Sydney Australia, 2016 Mondeo Wagon...purchased a set of H & R 30mm lowering springs and found this out the hard way. Front came down 30mm as expected. Rear will not sit full weight on the springs and sits with its back in the air 30mm due to the standard rear shock holding it up. Suspension specialist removed the rear shocks, allowed the car just to sit on her springs, and the car sits perfect 30mm lowered front and rear....$1400 later, and I’ve just been informed there are none, zero, aftermarket shocks available or made for this vehicle that would in turn overcome this issue. I’m upset...well upset these are sold without being advised of this issue...please people, know this, unless the suspension companies produce an aftermarket shock, you cannot lower the rear of a Mk5 wagon...be warned...now I’m going after a refund and labour costs due to the lack of R & D done, and being sold a kit that cannot do the job as advertised and described on this vehicle...

Loris Basked
MD (Hatchback) Titanium (2015-2021)

I have MD Titanium Petrol Hatchback and for the 2nd time, driver seat memory settings do not work, so seat and column stuck in default position. Lumbar settings still working. I thought Id look at fuse 2 in the passenger compartment fuse panel, but this seems good esp. as panoramic sunshade also working. Ford did not advise which fuse had blown first time. Any ideas?

Greg

The only thing I can think of is unplugging all the cables under the seat and plug them back in, I did hear this worked for one person.

Loris B

Thanks Greg, may give that a try.

Ray N.
Ray N.asked
Mondeo MD (2015-2021)

hi all , have a 2017 mondeo trend , and the red light heads up display stopped working , took it to my local ford dealer , that put it on the scanner and no faults appeared ( car still under factory warranty ) , i received a call from the mechanic and he informed me that it looked like one of the sensors in the front bumper had been hit and needed adjustment , which was done ... i have no recollection of hitting anything or being hit , and even now there are no obvious marks on the car , cause believe me i checked , when i picked the car up i was charged almost $200 for their service and was told that it doesn't come under warranty because of the damage ( which i still cant find ) ,BTW , heads up display is no different .. i guess my question is , where exactly is the sensor for the red light heads up display ? .... thankyou :)

James
James

Correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe that the forward collision is monitored by one of the cameras in the top of the windscreen and possibly the radar unit. Book it in with a different dealer to have it checked.

Alaric von Gunnicus K.
Alaric von Gunnicus K.asked

my mondeo 2015 md cant start due to some switch in steering wheel
ford said need to replace whole wheel cos $2500 what can we do?

Daniel

Yikes! What warning comes up on the dash when you try and start the car?

Nick C.
Nick C.

Nothing is on the dash

Gregasked
Mondeo MD (2015-2021)

We’re is the fuse for the obd on the Mondeo MD.

MarkSasked
Mondeo MD (2015-2021)

Hi, I have a 2015 Ford Mondeo MD Ambient model. The rear shocks need to be replaced and I'm getting quotes for approx $800 per shock just for the part as they are electronic and adjustable?
Just wanted to check if anyone has dealt with the shock replacement before?

Cheers

its a wagon

Dan
Dan

Hi, I've got the same issue with the same model (after 120k kms), Ford has quoted me $1400 each for a rear shock! Interested to know where you got the $800 quote from. I'm also looking for a suitable non-genuine shock absorber, if anyone knows?

Johnny M
Johnny M

All my previous cars NEVER needed shocks replaced. Are you 100% the shocks need replacing? Sounds like another money grab from unscrupulous mechanics.

Gregasked
Mondeo MD (2015-2021)

Wanted to get a universal heads up display.is the diagnostic connection a standard obde2 or eurobde?

It's an OBD2.

KerrieV
KerrieVasked

Hi all,
The Sync screen/display head unit has frozen?
Is this common?
How can it be fixed?
Regards
Kerrie

KerrieV
KerrieVasked

Hi all,
The Sync screen/display head unit has frozen?
Is this common?
How can it be fixed?
Regards
Kerrie

Nev S.
Nev S.asked
Mondeo MD (2015-2021)

How do you turn off the door open alarm it is so annoying?

Sheree.G
Sheree.G

Our Mondeo does not have this that i am aware of unless it has been turned off before we bought it by the original owner.. what does your do exactly please?

Nev, I don’t think you can do it permanently because of safety issues. Not sure why it is annoying as it only goes off when door is open and engine running which is a good feature to remind you to remove keys if out of your car.
The chime will stop if your door remains open. Hope this helps, cheers
BB shorts

Kate
Kateasked
Mondeo MD (2015-2021)

I am looking to purchase my first Ford, this being a second hand 2015 Mondeo with 30k on it. I have down graded from owning a 2014 HSV Grange, after servicing and maintaining my last beast I am wanting a car that's relatively cheap to run and maintain as my HSV was just so expensive. What are the mondeos like price wise to service? for example our HSV brakes were $2500 and had to be done every 30k and tyres were $500 each, anytime we left the dealers for a service it was always in the thousands. Please help, is the mondeo cheap to maintain or do I go for a hyundai or something??

Hi Kate, service costs can vary depending on kms on the car but I can say that they are competitive with other similar size cars. My fords have all been diesel of which I highly recommend if you want reasonably low running costs(I averaged 1000 km per tank). You must also consider what car you like driving most as opposed to just economy. ( smart move getting rid of HSV, those costs were ridiculous ).
Drive the Ford, it handles well with plenty of sensible grunt when you need it.
Good luck, Bobby Boardshorts

JJ8675
JJ8675

Hi Kate, I have a 2016 Mondeo Petrol Trend model and just had the 15k service done not long ago and Ford charged me $325 for that service.

Gibbo
Gibboasked
Mondeo MD (2015-2021)

Hi, am considering purchasing the 2015 Mondeo. Test drove it and was impressed. I have been recommended by a mechanic not a good choice though...are parts expensive, how much for a service? The good reviews so far out way the negative reviews. Feed back would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Jo

Wayne

Who is this Mechanic ? Is he ‘just a mechanic ‘ ?
The MD Mondeo which I’ve had for two years has not had any issues and we have done nearly 50,000 kms .
If you read the other reviews for the MD model you will see no mechanical issues.
Having said that the MC Model had a major problem with the transmission ( maybe you mechanic is getting his wires crossed with the two models )

Hi Gibbo, the MC mondeo did have issues with auto transmission ( I had the MC for 6 yrs no probs, I assume you are looking at MD?
Don’t believe everything people say, I’m going by my experience, I’ve also had no probs with current model, not sure on service costs as mine are fleet cars but it would be comparable to other similar cars.
Suggest you have a look at and test other similar cars mazda 6, golf, etc for a comparison.
Highly recommend the Mondeo and Volkswagon.
Also recommend diesel over petrol.
Happy hunting
Bobby Boardshorts

Gezza
Gezza

I have had my Mondeo Trend Hatch for 20 months, now has 107kl
changed still legal tyres at 80kl, front pads and discs at 100kl. Fits 1.8 x 1m concrete rio, saves getting trailer.
less than 8lt/100kl, great heated seats and adaptive cruise.
has been light rear ended, bumper replaced, seperate front into pile of wet sand, ripped out plastic inner guard and also bumper replaced, very low at front.
Great car.

Beachpad
Beachpadasked

Just purchased a 2015 Ambiente wagon 2.0 petrol
94000 km on the clock, its been well maintained, beautiful car.
One problem, it only gets about 370 km on a single tank, what are others getting?
with all the good write ups and the great service report, i thought this would be a great buy?

Thanks for you time

Wayne

Sounds like there’s something wrong.
Get the ECU scanned to see if there is any Codes , or previous codes . You can also try changing the air filter and checking your tyre pressures.

Hi beach pad, I have always driven diesels getting approx 1000 km to tank. A petrol motor should be approx 650 to 800 km per tank. Take car to ford to check. It’s probably a computer problem.
Cheers hope this helps
Bobby boardshorts

bobbasked
Mondeo MD (2015-2021)

Oil Recommendations for 2015 2.0L Duratorq TDCI MD with a engine code of T8 can you advise oil please?

bobb

NULON 5W30 Fuel Efficent Full Synthetic Part # SYNFE5W30-5 Perfect for the job !

Lajvd
Lajvdasked
Mondeo MD (2015-2021)

Dumb question.... my boot is full of products for a presentation and I'm wondering whether someone can tell me where to find the tyre removal tools....jack, lever, wrench etc??? I don't recall seeing any of it..ford mondeo hatch md 2016

grl8862
grl8862

Try looking under the tyre.

Scotty
Scottyasked
Mondeo MD (2015-2021)

Hi there. Hope your having a great day. I was driving my 2015 Ford Mondeo MD deisel 2.0 litre home, 200 meters away I had the limited transmission message display come on. I was able to drive the car, yet it was finding it hard to find a gear. Do I have problems?

brian
brian

Possibly it could be time to take the car to a Ford Australia workshop or perhaps a reasonable mechanical repairs and servicing workshop though, a would recommend to take the car to a transmission specialist. It could be a electrics fault though, from your description it most likely isn't but, if ends up being from the transmission solenoid then perhaps a reasonable auto electrician workshop may be able to help.
I also found ultratune experts at diagnosis and repairs of faults.

bobb

Umm ! Don think So this has just happened to me, My mate is a ford mechanic and I have been told the mondeo has a fit every now and again with this display error also it jumps out of drive and jerks!! its happened a couple of times !! I think may be I need to visit the transmition fluid and filter issues However I have ONLY done 33K from NEW! this service is not due until 60K Cant put my finger on the problem I think its electronic issue as this started when I reset the computer on oil maint ! awesome gob smacking motor car !!

bobb

FIXED It Changed Trans oil to PENRITE DCT full synthetic oil about $90 per 4 L also use FORD only Transmition Filter # 7M5R6C631AD avail on EBAY for $35 NO More Issues ON jump outs ! approached FORD about problem how the DUCK and Weave ! as they Do ! The problem is in the G box sensors on the MPS6/6DCT450 Dual clutch system FORD can re set the Transmition computer with a plug in and Up load! however is a tad expensive to do, You must change Oil and Filter before you re Flash Computer as its a 50/50 split on Oil or sensor issues, All GOOD Real Happy

Joan Smithasked
Mondeo MD (2015-2021)

How much should I expect to pay for a 60000kilometre service - Mondeo purchased October 2014?
( Zeneca model)

R. D.
R. D.

Hi Joan,
we haven't had the car long enough yet (owned car for 3 months) but the dealer we bought the car through offered us a set service fee of $165 which does not include oils and parts. Best thing to do is ring a Ford dealer and ask them what they charge for a 60,000 km service.
Best, R. D.

Joan Smith

Thanks for your answer - actually a Zetec model. I shall call Ford tomorrow.

Ford Mondeo MD (2015-2021)